Which lines use the New Flyer D60HF?

NYCboy

awsome man,will they always be there,and thanks for your help

Yes they will. For the M100, best time is on Sundays, even though they use them at anytime. Most KB operators love the artics, and since they have alot of them sitting on Sundays, the operators on the M100 will ask for an artic..... All the other Bronx lines, mentioned above will have artics, as the are the dedicated artic lines. That means on the sheets (you won't see it unless hired and see dispatcher sheets), it says must use 60ft articulated bus.......

Yes they will. For the M100, best time is on Sundays, even though they use them at anytime. Most KB operators love the artics, and since they have alot of them sitting on Sundays, the operators on the M100 will ask for an artic..... All the other Bronx lines, mentioned above will have artics, as the are the dedicated artic lines. That means on the sheets (you won't see it unless hired and see dispatcher sheets), it says must use 60ft articulated bus.......

alright i guess tommrow ill ride the M100

alright i guess tommrow ill ride the M100

IMO that's the best route to catch one on and its a pretty good ride. depending on the time of day it can be kinda hectic though.

With KB I've noticed you can find an Artic on pretty much any route at one point or another. Theres been an Artic on the BX32 for the past 2 days and 5275 was on the Bx3 earlier this week.

I'm not good with buses, are the New flyer D60HF's the Artics with the orange LED? How else can you distinguish them from other buses?

(Wow, I don't sound like a n00b or anything)

The signs don't mean much now, you can tell the difference by bus ID, but the only Artics in NYCT is D60HF. The older artics (1000-1110) all have green signs, and no front splash gaurd, along with different interior. The somewhat newer artics (5250-5406 and 5408-5509) have green signs for the most part, some have thier signs replaced with orange LEDs. These both have the Detroit Diesel Series 50. The newer artics (5407 and 5510-5769) have a rear end that bulges out more and have the Detroit Diesel Series 50 EGR, but 5407 and 5510-5669 have green signs, while 5670-5769 have orange LED signs. 5734-5768 have all been used for +Select Bus Service+.

The signs don't mean much now, you can tell the difference by bus ID, but the only Artics in NYCT is D60HF. The older artics (1000-1110) all have green signs, and no front splash gaurd, along with different interior. The somewhat newer artics (5250-5406 and 5408-5509) have green signs for the most part, some have thier signs replaced with orange LEDs. These both have the Detroit Diesel Series 50. The newer artics (5407 and 5510-5769) have a rear end that bulges out more and have the Detroit Diesel Series 50 EGR, but 5407 and 5510-5669 have green signs, while 5670-5769 have orange LED signs. 5734-5768 have all been used for +Select Bus Service+.

Thanks. So all Artics in the bus fleet are New Flyer D60HF?

DSCF1542.jpg

Archived