Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also had 60 questions on my test. All an all the test was easy but there were a few tricky questions, I can't wait to see my results, I'm also taking the conductors test next year, trying to widen my odds of getting into the mta. I took the track worker test but I was in the 3xxx region, and the way the list is progressing has me a bit worried, so I'm weighting all my options to try and get in. Good luck too all.

No sweetie I took my test Nov 22th and it WAS 60 questions. When did you take yours?

. Thank you! It was 60 this year

Oh my bad you're right! I just looked at my test answers and it was 60 lol my bad. Seemed like 80 to me haha

I also had 60 questions on my test. All an all the test was easy but there were a few tricky questions, I can't wait to see my results, I'm also taking the conductors test next year, trying to widen my odds of getting into the mta. I took the track worker test but I was in the 3xxx region, and the way the list is progressing has me a bit worried, so I'm weighting all my options to try and get in. Good luck too all.

Yeah I'm taking the conductor exam in April of next year as well! I would prefer to get the conductor Job. It pays more. And can be promoted to train conductor in the future if you wish.

Oh my bad you're right! I just looked at my test answers and it was 60 lol my bad. Seemed like 80 to me haha lol its cool trust it did seem like more because it was kind of time consuming

Yeah I'm taking the conductor exam in April of next year as well! I would prefer to get the conductor Job. It pays more. And can be promoted to train conductor in the future if you wish.

I'm taking it too but I rather SA because of the hours are more stable. C/R hours while on extra extra is crazy. No set days off and rotating shifts. Also once I get my baby sitting straight I read somewhere SA can promote to T/O if they take some type of certification course within the MTA. So I definitely will be looking into that

I took the test last Sunday and I am fairly confident I did well. This is my first time applying for anything with the MTA. My question is what happens now? I know the answer key comes out he end of January, but how long before they start calling people?

I am aware of the physical and the background check which I am not worried about. But should I be expecting a long wait before they start calling people or am I only looking at a couple months?

I took the test last Sunday and I am fairly confident I did well. This is my first time applying for anything with the MTA. My question is what happens now? I know the answer key comes out he end of January, but how long before they start calling people?

I am aware of the physical and the background check which I am not worried about. But should I be expecting a long wait before they start calling people or am I only looking at a couple months?

Well I heard it takes up to a year for the mta to send us our official scores. So they might start calling people somewhere between fall of 2016 and early 2017. But I hope it's earlier than that.

They made the exam much harder than it used to be. When I took the exam in 2004 it was 80 questions. No trick questions, and no time consuming questions. It may be a while before you folks are called, as they're still hiring from the 2008 exam. Some of you may get offers to be cleaners in the mean time before they reach your list number to be hired as an S/A. The job has it's challenges, and pays well. My advice would be to take as many promo exams as you can, because by 2020-2023 the job is going to radically change. I did the job for 9 years, and took the promotion to Supervisor. I have another 20 years left on the job, so it was a no brainier. Especially since these changes are on the horizon. But good luck to all whom took the exam. See you in the near future.

They made the exam much harder than it used to be. When I took the exam in 2004 it was 80 questions. No trick questions, and no time consuming questions. It may be a while before you folks are called, as they're still hiring from the 2008 exam. Some of you may get offers to be cleaners in the mean time before they reach your list number to be hired as an S/A. The job has it's challenges, and pays well. My advice would be to take as many promo exams as you can, because by 2020-2023 the job is going to radically change. I did the job for 9 years, and took the promotion to Supervisor. I have another 20 years left on the job, so it was a no brainier. Especially since these changes are on the horizon. But good luck to all whom took the exam. See you in the near future.

Hi Will can u tell me when will the 2008 exam expire?

• 4 weeks later...

NYC Transit Station Agent, Exam No. 6600 (UPDATED)

The multiple-choice test for candidates who were never scheduled is scheduled to be held on February 6, 2016. Such candidates should receive their admission letter by January 26, 2016. If you do not receive an admission letter by February 2, 2016, you mustcome to the MTA Exam Information Center located in the Lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Mondays through Fridays. Seeing that update just annoyed me. How did they not scheduled everyone smdh. Now we will most likely have to wait much longer just to get our scores and for them to establish the list. MTA have to do better. Now with that being said its only fair that those ppl get a fair shot, but should've been scheduled in December too. Now I'm just wondering if the proposed answers key will be released tomorrow Jan 21 as stated.

NYC Transit Station Agent, Exam No. 6600 (UPDATED)

The multiple-choice test for candidates who were never scheduled is scheduled to be held on February 6, 2016. Such candidates should receive their admission letter by January 26, 2016. If you do not receive an admission letter by February 2, 2016, you mustcome to the MTA Exam Information Center located in the Lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Mondays through Fridays. Seeing that update just annoyed me. How did they not scheduled everyone smdh. Now we will most likely have to wait much longer just to get our scores and for them to establish the list. MTA have to do better. Now with that being said its only fair that those ppl get a fair shot, but should've been scheduled in December too. Now I'm just wondering if the proposed answers key will be released tomorrow Jan 21 as stated.

Yes I've noticed that as well! Hopefully they do post the answer key tomorrow.been waiting all month.

Where can i find the answer key? I thought it was not coming out until january 26th

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/proposed_answerkey.htm

Yeah got a few more wrong than expected Do they still change some answers with the protest?

Yes, I think so...so for that I think we have to wait until the answer keys is moved to the "final answer key" section, instead of the "Proposed answer keys" section in which its in now. Let's see what happens...

What questions did you get wrong and what date and time did you take the exam? Is anyone going to the protest session on the 25th of January? Or are there multiple dates for the protest?

I'm not sure exactly which questions I got wrong. I just know what numbers didn't match the answer key that was posted online. I'm sure there were questions I swore I had right but was obviously mistaken, because I didn't think for a minute that I had that amount wrong. I only assumed about 2 or 3 that I knew could've went either way, but not more than that. And I'm sadly mistaken ????

• 2 weeks later...

I took the exam in nov. according to my answer sheet i scored 90% .i am ex military which gives me 5% and disabled military 5%. so this gives me 100%. does anyone know if this will enable me to be hired within the next two years? the last time i took the conductor i got 95% but didn't take the job when they came ah callin. Sad day for me because the economy died soon after. Long story, worst year of my life. I will take the conductor exam in april also. i hope to do better on the next exam. good luck everybody and i hope you can answer my question. 

Does anyone know when the final answer key will be posted?

its on their website. thats how i got my info

• 2 months later...

I took the exam in nov. according to my answer sheet i scored 90% .i am ex military which gives me 5% and disabled military 5%. so this gives me 100%. does anyone know if this will enable me to be hired within the next two years? the last time i took the conductor i got 95% but didn't take the job when they came ah callin. Sad day for me because the economy died soon after. Long story, worst year of my life. I will take the conductor exam in april also. i hope to do better on the next exam. good luck everybody and i hope you can answer my question. 

its on their website. thats how i got my info

Yes you'll get called very soon after they start hiring from the list.

I'm taking it too but I rather SA because of the hours are more stable. C/R hours while on extra extra is crazy. No set days off and rotating shifts. Also once I get my baby sitting straight I read somewhere SA can promote to T/O if they take some type of certification course within the MTA. So I definitely will be looking into that

S/A hours while steady, still has it's issues. Like there's no guarantee you go home on time or don't get stuck into a double. Yuo cannot leave that booth until you're relieved. So you'll have to make sure you have a sitter that's understanding and flexible. And yes S/A's can promote to T/O by taking a course. IMHO it's ridiculous that someone can take an O/C exam off the street and get hired into the job. But current employees must take a course to promote into the title.