LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

22 hours ago, Mikey23 said:

When did you get the email about ur medical exam? can u tell me the exact date of that email? ok so hopefully i get an email about my physical as well and start in the jan class with you. 

The January class is probably full now, if there's a February class you will probably get contacted in December/January for background and physical 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, snoopys16 said:

The January class is probably full now, if there's a February class you will probably get contacted in December/January for background and physical 

I also passed in july and i am scheduled for class in february. People who are scheduled for feb class were emailed to start the background check exactly one week after the people who are in jan class recieved their background check email. 

So i know for sure 100% that there is a class starting in jan and there is a class starting in feb. My guess is if you have yet to recieve an email to fill out your background check that you will probably be in the very next class AFTER the feb class. I do not believe there is a class scheduled yet that starts after the feb class. i hope this helps you Mikey23

21 minutes ago, Mikey23 said:

Ok thank you all for your help.. I hope i get in the feb class if the jan class is full. I dont understand why i havent beem contacted since i passed my test way back in july. Is it possible that i am not being considered anymore?? Now im getting nervous.

Wait until after the holidays to hear something. 

3 hours ago, LIRR 154 said:

Wait until after the holidays to hear something. 

3 hours ago, Mikey23 said:

Ok thank you all for your help.. I hope i get in the feb class if the jan class is full. I dont understand why i havent beem contacted since i passed my test way back in july. Is it possible that i am not being considered anymore?? Now im getting nervous.

You will get your time, you passed, they are going to give you an opportunity.

Just now, Cdima123 said:

Just now, Cdima123 said:

3 hours ago, Mikey23 said:

I’d advise to review the signals and definitions , I just started getting back into them, I wish I had done it sooner.....

Just a little tip for people who are going through the early process of becoming AC’s. Prepare yourself develop good study habits because after you think Signals and Definitions was the hard part , it gets even tougher for book of rules, slightly easier for air brakes and  fares . But all those weeks , you must study and study everything they give you. I’m not going to go into qualifying because that’s a whole other new ball game. But you get the picture.

Good luck everyone and it’s worth your time and effort. It’s a great job.

1 hour ago, bxshayshay4u said:

Will the zone A signals be on the exam?

Without a doubt, you will have a zone a signal or two on your test. I know the zone a signals throw a monkey wrench into everything but as long as you put the time in to study everything, you will be fine. There are no shortcuts when studying, if u get one signal name wrong on your test you fail the entire test. Good luck to you. Its such a great feeling when you find out that you passed the test. 

1 hour ago, Mikey23 said:

Did Linda actually tell you that the class starts on feb 13th? Hopefully i get an email for feb too!

yeah she asked if I was interested in February 13th class, but you did background check already right? I'm sure you'll hear something soon about the medical 

19 hours ago, snoopys16 said:

yeah she asked if I was interested in February 13th class, but you did background check already right? I'm sure you'll hear something soon about the medical 

Nope, i never got an email do start background yet. This is making me nervous being i passed the sd test in july.

Anyone have any idea whats going on? Is it possible to fail the interview we do after the sd test? Wouldnt i have heard something by now if i failed the interview?

On 12/1/2018 at 9:48 PM, Cdima123 said:

I’d advise to review the signals and definitions , I just started getting back into them, I wish I had done it sooner.....

i actually refuse to put anymore study time in until i know for sure im getting hired. I still have not recieved a single email from anyone at lirr and again i passed sd test in july! this sucks!!!!

4 minutes ago, Mikey23 said:

i actually refuse to put anymore study time in until i know for sure im getting hired. I still have not recieved a single email from anyone at lirr and again i passed sd test in july! this sucks!!!!

Mikey contact hr and see what’s going on. I would of contacted them along time ago...

8 minutes ago, Mikey23 said:

I did the same thing, I waited for my medical email because I believe that is the last step prior to being put in a class, but to be honest I wish I kept it up for at least a day or 2 a week, but I see where you’re coming from , it is frustrating for sure

1 hour ago, fd87 said:

Mikey contact hr and see what’s going on. I would of contacted them along time ago...

I wouldnt even know what to say to hr? any suggestions? Thanks fd87

56 minutes ago, Cdima123 said:

I did the same thing, I waited for my medical email because I believe that is the last step prior to being put in a class, but to be honest I wish I kept it up for at least a day or 2 a week, but I see where you’re coming from , it is frustrating for sure

I dont know, i just dont see any point in giving my time to lirr when they have yet to contact me. I would imagine both the jan class and the feb class are full which means i wouldnt start class until march or april. Thats if they even have a class in those months. I honestly dont know what to do at this point. No offense to snoop but its pretty discouraging knowing people who passed in october are being called for feb class when i passed months before they all did. I dont mean to sound selfish at all but i feel the lirr skipped right over me. I wish i knew how the lirr does their selection process. I believe i scored pretty high on the sd test as well. Im really dissapointed at this point.

9 minutes ago, Mikey23 said:

I wouldnt even know what to say to hr? any suggestions? Thanks fd87

I dont know, i just dont see any point in giving my time to lirr when they have yet to contact me. I would imagine both the jan class and the feb class are full which means i wouldnt start class until march or april. Thats if they even have a class in those months. I honestly dont know what to do at this point. No offense to snoop but its pretty discouraging knowing people who passed in october are being called for feb class when i passed months before they all did. I dont mean to sound selfish at all but i feel the lirr skipped right over me. I wish i knew how the lirr does their selection process. I believe i scored pretty high on the sd test as well. Im really dissapointed at this point.

I would tell hr exactly what you just said. People from October shouldnt be getting called before you. There’s got to be a reason why you got skipped over. 

1 hour ago, fd87 said:

I would tell hr exactly what you just said. People from October shouldnt be getting called before you. There’s got to be a reason why you got skipped over. 

ok i guess i will try to email linda or michelle tomorrow morning or both of them. Are you on the job fd87? if not what stage are you at in this process? did u pass sd test? when?