Any CDL-BP Holders Seeking Experience?

+Young+

• 4 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 8:40 PM, +Young+ said:

There are full-time shifts, they just stopped hiring part-time Bus Operators due to the high turnover.

My apologies in bumping this thread, however the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation is, once again, hiring Bus Operators...click here for more details and click here for their fleet roster.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Updated Link as of 12/7/19

On 11/13/2019 at 5:27 PM, +Young+ said:

My apologies in bumping this thread, however the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation is, once again, hiring Bus Operators...click here for more details and click here for their fleet roster.

Good luck!!

Did they change the requirements? It says "Class B CDL - Preffered".

Edited by +Young+

On 11/18/2019 at 5:07 PM, Lawrence St said:

Did they change the requirements? It says "Class B CDL - Preffered".

Not to my knowledge. If you want to double check, you can call (212) 832 4583 for more information.

Edited by +Young+

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this thread again, but I was finally able to acquire my CDL and can not wait to start!

While I'm waiting on the MABSTOA test in May, does anyone know what the requirements are for bus operators for Hudson Link/NICE, which I think are both run by transdev? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Sorry for bumping this thread again, but I was finally able to acquire my CDL and can not wait to start!

While I'm waiting on the MABSTOA test in May, does anyone know what the requirements are for bus operators for Hudson Link/NICE, which I think are both run by transdev? Thanks.

First, congrats! How do you feel?

Second, to answer your question, I would encourage you to check out this and this Indeed posting. And yes, from looking at the pictures of the Hudson Link bus up close, both of them are run by TransDev.

Good luck!!

40 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First, congrats! How do you feel?

Second, to answer your question, I would encourage you to check out this and this Indeed posting. And yes, from looking at the pictures of the Hudson Link bus up close, both of them are run by TransDev.

Good luck!!

In all honesty, I was to nervous lol. I thought I failed the pre-trip portion and the instructor said "move on to parking" and I said "wait what? I passed the pre trip!?" 

35 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

In all honesty, I was to nervous lol. I thought I failed the pre-trip portion and the instructor said "move on to parking" and I said "wait what? I passed the pre trip!?" 

I hear ya. Fortunately, I took both CDL road tests in April of 2014 and August of 2015, and, from looking at the recent pre-trip videos, I would probably feel the exact same way.

Again, congratulations!

• 2 months later...

Hey folks, I have good news!!

As of this typing (Saturday, May 30th, 2020 at 7:15 PM), for some reason, which I'm not going to speculate on, ABM Industries has posted several job openings on indeed.com for LaGuardia Airport (zip code 11371) and Kennedy Airport (zip code 11430) for the following titles:

• CDL Bus Driver**
  • Shuttle Supervisor
  • Bus Dispatcher
  • Assistant General Manager
  • General Manager
  • Regional Safety/Customer Service/Training Manager
  • Contractor Representative
  • A few more which are not relevant to this forum, respectively

** = The job description does not require the candidate to have any experience, however the candidate needs to be DOT Certified (also known as having a valid medical certificate).

Good luck applying!!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Edited by +Young+

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

For anyone applying for RIOC, I wanted to share my experience:

The entire application process was a disaster. I had applied (before COVID) for the position and was told I would be called when the position opened up. When the pandemic hit, everything went on a hiring freeze and a few months ago the application opened back up. I tried to reach the HR department to ask if I should submit a new application and it kept going to voicemail, so I applied again. A week goes by and I received a denial notice, so I try to call HR again to see what the issue was and I spoke with the HR manager who was incredibly rude and had an attitude. All I asked was what had happened and I tried to explain the situation and she screamed at me saying if they deny you, they deny you and that she doesn't accept solicitation calls and hung up the phone on me. I don't understand how asking for help with an application is a solicitation call. That is completely unprofessional, and I wonder if it's this bad at RIOC how worse it would be at (MTA).

21 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

For anyone applying for RIOC, I wanted to share my experience:

The entire application process was a disaster. I had applied (before COVID) for the position and was told I would be called when the position opened up. When the pandemic hit, everything went on a hiring freeze and a few months ago the application opened back up. I tried to reach the HR department to ask if I should submit a new application and it kept going to voicemail, so I applied again. A week goes by and I received a denial notice, so I try to call HR again to see what the issue was and I spoke with the HR manager who was incredibly rude and had an attitude. All I asked was what had happened and I tried to explain the situation and she screamed at me saying if they deny you, they deny you and that she doesn't accept solicitation calls and hung up the phone on me. I don't understand how asking for help with an application is a solicitation call. That is completely unprofessional, and I wonder if it's this bad at RIOC how worse it would be at (MTA).

My sincere condolences for what you went through...apparently things changed since I left. Anyways, I sent you a Private Message (PM) in regards to this. If you can send me a reply, it would be truly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you (yes, you reading this post) have a CDL (Class A, B or C) with no N1 or N2 restriction, live in Queens, Nassau and/or Western Suffolk County, and are looking for either a full-time or part-time temporary position this summer? If so, Shibley Day Camp is looking to hire drivers for their 8-week, 39 day program (with the exception of July 5th).

If you're interested, the phone number is on the bottom of this webpage, just ask for "Bob" when getting in contact. Also note that the camp leases the mini-school buses from Suffolk Transportation Services for their 8 week program, therefore the buses will be at the camp in Roslyn and not in Suffolk.

Stay safe and healthy!!

Edited by +Young+

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, tvega961 said:

Coach USA is hiring transit drivers at Elizabeth and New Brunswick NJ for those who have CDL or want to get your CDL. They need 100+ drivers to take over a new contract. 

https://jobs.coachusa.com/jobs/po/1116?media_source_id=698

What's the pay? Same as NJT? And can you transfer to an NJT operated garage when called?

Edited by Lawrence St

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Do any of you guys have experience with the new NYC School Bus Umbrella Services, Inc? NYC Department of Education bought out Reliant Transportation and has gotten into the School Bus business. The transaction went through recently and I’m seeing ads from Indeed about it.

I live in Staten Island and I’m looking to see if there is a company that will hire and train for the Passenger + School Bus endorsements for my CDL Class B. Thank you.

• Harry unpinned this topic
  • Harry unfeatured this topic