ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shelly0114 said:

I do have another question. I currently work for the city. What happens when you change unions because I KNOW when I get into transit, I cannot stay in my current one. Does everything transfer over to the transit union.  

The tier of your pension will remain the same.

4 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

@Jericho : @trackerjack won’t be on sick control just because of the <50% sick time. It’s an absence with proof given. You only get bagged for sick control with 6 unsubstantiated absences or any two patterned absences. All that’s going to happen is that he’s going to have his probation extended 4 days  

trackerjack is also already on the 30% because he’s a new employee. You don’t get an official 70/30 designation until you have 3 years on the job. 

Yea, shouldn't have wrote about the 70/30 thing.

While I have you here, you should update the starting pay as $36.4875.

I was reading about the classes and what is expected of you and I'm a bit worried. the fact that you don't pass an exam although very important you get kicked. so T/O training is a one shot deal. it unnerving to know I may choose to leave a stable, decent paying job for T/O and then not make the cut. I'm no where near training class as I just did pre employment and drug test 1x. Guess it will give me plenty of time to decide if this is what I really wanna do.

17 minutes ago, Shelly0114 said:

I was reading about the classes and what is expected of you and I'm a bit worried. the fact that you don't pass an exam although very important you get kicked. so T/O training is a one shot deal. it unnerving to know I may choose to leave a stable, decent paying job for T/O and then not make the cut. I'm no where near training class as I just did pre employment and drug test 1x. Guess it will give me plenty of time to decide if this is what I really wanna do.

Word to the wise if you feel you aren't up to it then notify them...

We need folks down here who understand what the training and job is about.

We all had to past the Signal exam. have faith in yourself.

14 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Word to the wise if you feel you aren't up to it then notify them...

We need folks down here who understand what the training and job is about.

We all had to past the Signal exam. have faith in yourself.

Honestly, I do not feel I am an incompetent person or incapable of grasping the training. I HATE the unknown but I won't let that discourage me. Once again still no where near training. Just speaking out loud. 

1 minute ago, Shelly0114 said:

Honestly, I do not feel I am an incompetent person or incapable of grasping the training. I HATE the unknown but I won't let that discourage me. Once again still no where near training. Just speaking out loud. 

Its not about incompetence stop thinking that as well(That's for those who KNOW what they supposed to do and still do dumb stuff).

Just Don't worry about such things, think positive once the "I don't know" mindset kicks in you already put yourself behind the 8Ball..

21 years down here one of the first Open Competitive Classes, Training isn't as difficult as it was when i started.

17 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Its not about incompetence stop thinking that as well(That's for those who KNOW what they supposed to do and still do dumb stuff).

Just Don't worry about such things, think positive once the "I don't know" mindset kicks in you already put yourself behind the 8Ball..

21 years down here one of the first Open Competitive Classes, Training isn't as difficult as it was when i started.

Thank you!  Great to hear training isn't as difficult as when you started. 

5 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

List 40xx here got my canvass email did the drug test today how long before I get called for medical or chances are im probably going to have to do another drug test before medical?

Are you above 4010? Don’t need exact number and did they say what class you’re considered for?

that will depend on the answer to your next medical / drug test question 

3 hours ago, Shelly0114 said:

Keep in mind, schoolcar's goal is not to fail you. They want and need you to pass. Very few fail the exams/practical. Just gotta make sure you spend the time to study and don't be afraid to ask any questions. They're not paying you $36 an hour during training only for you to flunk a few months in.

19 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Are you above 4010? Don’t need exact number and did they say what class you’re considered for?

that will depend on the answer to your next medical / drug test question 

Yes im above 4010 but below 4030 

The didn't say anything about being considered for a class they just looked through my paperwork and took my urine sample 

Just now, Mtahopeful2287 said:

Yes im above 4010 but below 4030 

The didn't say anything about being considered for a class they just looked through my paperwork and took my urine sample 

Usually They tell you. That probs means they’re getting ready for the one just after April 11th 

30 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

List 40xx here got my canvass email did the drug test today how long before I get called for medical or chances are im probably going to have to do another drug test before medical?

Depends on how close the next class is. I did 1st drug test in January, then got another email saying I had to come in for another drug test in March but this time it said what class I was being considered for, then I did medical and had to clear my hold and luckily I got into the April 11th class.