ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

9 hours ago, Zarric said:

I was supposed to do pre employment this Tuesday but couldn't make it due to having the flu. I tried calling numerous times without an answer and they don't check the email ( emailed them a question when I got the initial email) but i did the COVID questionnaire and answered it honestly. Would they reach out to me again or no? 

Go there when you're better and mention you emailed them.  Like you said they don't check emails.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sgomez31 said:

I’m in the April 11 class and my question is should we start reading this book of rules and regulations now? Or wait till class starts April 11?

You can start reading it, it doesn't hurt you can read some of the signals that are I believe in chapter 3 or 4 of the rule book and the flagging rules also. As well as chapter one and train operator duties forgot the chapter that's on...

1 minute ago, Sgomez31 said:

I’m in the April 11 class and my question is should we start reading this book of rules and regulations now? Or wait till class starts April 11?

I feel it can’t hurt to get some info ahead of time! Question, did anyone mention is that class was full already? I just got my documents to clear my medical hold. 

2 minutes ago, Sgomez31 said:

Can we ask your list number? And just peruse it for now , get acclimated 

Hi Folks! New to the forum. Can someone please alleviate my anxiety with an answer to my question. Ive taken the Train Operator exam 7604 and was called in for pre-employment at Livingston st for last Wednesday. I Couldn't make it because I just had shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago. I'm still in a sling, just started physical therapy not long ago and surgeon told me id be out of commission and unable to return to any sort of full duty up to 8 weeks (best case scenario). I called the number on the email they sent me for pre-employment at Livingston st and I left a clear message with all the info they requested. No answer but I left 3 voicemails. I also replied to the appropriate email address they sent in that email and no answer. I did not show up that Wednesday due to an emergency appointment with surgeon because of my shoulder. Should I go down there next Wednesday? I haven't heard back from them. Will I be removed from the list ? Thanks in Advance.

1 minute ago, StatenIslander82 said:

Hi Folks! New to the forum. Can someone please alleviate my anxiety with an answer to my question. Ive taken the Train Operator exam 7604 and was called in for pre-employment at Livingston st for last Wednesday. I Couldn't make it because I just had shoulder surgery 4 weeks ago. I'm still in a sling, just started physical therapy not long ago and surgeon told me id be out of commission and unable to return to any sort of full duty up to 8 weeks (best case scenario). I called the number on the email they sent me for pre-employment at Livingston st and I left a clear message with all the info they requested. No answer but I left 3 voicemails. I also replied to the appropriate email address they sent in that email and no answer. I did not show up that Wednesday due to an emergency appointment with surgeon because of my shoulder. Should I go down there next Wednesday? I haven't heard back from them. Will I be removed from the list ? Thanks in Advance.

I would most likely ask to reschedule in an email and they will eventually reschedule.  What’s your list number? Roundabout such as “393x or whatever

2 minutes ago, StatenIslander82 said:

Hey man, so I’ve heard that they are not the best at answering emails… I would keep replying to the original canvass email because I know that there is another person on that end, eventually they have to respond. I know the first pre-employment email I got I responded to say I received it and no response, but second pre-employment I responded and got a response back.. try every few days or at least once a week until you get a response. 

22 minutes ago, StatenIslander82 said:

There was someone here who said they found Transit had email him months ago without realizing it and was still allowed to go through the process. You did your due diligence emailing/calling them back to tell them what happened. I highly suggest you come in with the documents they requested in the email as sooon as you can.

I hope your recovery goes well.

1 hour ago, StatenIslander82 said:

list 3446. thanks for your reply 

Try emailing Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com and/or Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com and explain everything. Be sure to include your name, exam number, list number, date you were schedule to come in, that you emailed and called and why you couldn't make it. Also tell them you still want the job and that you would be able to come in when physically ready.

long time lurker but New to the site... what's up fellas.

Im in the april class. Got called before but didn't take the job until now.

Question will we be able to wear lighter/different boots once we are off probation?( I got the rockports this week but they're heavy and insulated. )

1 minute ago, TrainPusha said:

long time lurker but New to the site... what's up fellas.

Im in the april class. Got called before but didn't take the job until now.

Question will we be able to wear lighter/different boots once we are off probation?( I got the rockports this week but they're heavy and insulated. )

Gotta wear whatever they have listed on the site or get boots that meet the regulations that transit boots have and get them signed by a superintendent. You can talk to tss to clarify more

Hello guys,

New to this forum but have a question about pre-employment. I got called for pre-employment in November 2021 for Conductor (Exam 6601 | List 49##). I completed the whole process regarding paperwork and the drug test and was told to wait for someone to get back to me (3-90 days). Fast forward to today and I got another email to do the pre-employment process again, pretty much identical to the last email I got in November. Is it common to do another pre-employment process after completing one already? I'm curious if this was sent in error or I actually need to go in again. 

Thanks,

33 minutes ago, Chris8 said:

Hello guys,

New to this forum but have a question about pre-employment. I got called for pre-employment in November 2021 for Conductor (Exam 6601 | List 49##). I completed the whole process regarding paperwork and the drug test and was told to wait for someone to get back to me (3-90 days). Fast forward to today and I got another email to do the pre-employment process again, pretty much identical to the last email I got in November. Is it common to do another pre-employment process after completing one already? I'm curious if this was sent in error or I actually need to go in again. 

Thanks,

It's very very common I went to 3 pre employments before I was hired as a conductor back in 2019 and 2 pre employments before I became a train operator last year. So it definitely was not sent as an error at all, respond to it if you wish to be hired as a conductor still and bring all papers you'll be doing another drug test also.

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

It's very very common I went to 3 pre employments before I was hired as a conductor back in 2019 and 2 pre employments before I became a train operator last year. So it definitely was not sent as an error at all, respond to it if you wish to be hired as a conductor still and bring all papers you'll be doing another drug test also.

Thank you for the clarification, will definitely be showing up then.