ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon, when in had pre-employment with urine test this morning. Went to train operators orientation.  

You are required to climb up and down the trains and in the yard. 

Also 5 years vested for Pension. Hochul brought it back down to 5yrs. Coumo had it for 10yrs. 

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

So what happened with you 

Missed the email. It was sent to my spam and I never thought anything of it since I check my email about once a week. I received a call but no voicemail was left so didn’t think much of it. Until I went through my email and found it. I called and left voicemails and was until two weeks later was told to come in on Wednesday of this week. Went in and did the drug test now waiting on results. 

19 hours ago, Miggz69 said:

Hey everyone, I’m list # 402X and I went in for Preemployment/drug test on April 8th. Can anybody tell me how long they’ll call me in for the next step? 

Nice. I went on 4/12... still waiting as well. My list # 411.. let me know when they contact you

On 4/22/2022 at 2:46 PM, TA718 said:

Missed the email. It was sent to my spam and I never thought anything of it since I check my email about once a week. I received a call but no voicemail was left so didn’t think much of it. Until I went through my email and found it. I called and left voicemails and was until two weeks later was told to come in on Wednesday of this week. Went in and did the drug test now waiting on results. 

Make sure you check your email everyday, they might email you with a 3 days notice to go do medical and final processing. 

On 4/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Got to drive the train down tracks in the yard today! Just to get a feel for it and didn’t go far but it was pretty cool and also very nerve wrecking. Can’t wait to learn more!! 

That's awesome! What type of train was it!?! The first train I operated was a R68 (maybe A) at Concourse. 

1 hour ago, FilippoSironi said:

Make sure you check your email everyday, they might email you with a 3 days notice to go do medical and final processing. 

Yes, i’ve been doing that everyday religiously. Checking once or twice a day. 

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

Low 5000s numbered between 5001 to 5200 are the 68As, the 2000s numbered between 2500 to 2924 are 68s.

Right I learnt that after. That day I operated my first train I didn't know it yet and now I can't remember the numbers thar train had. 

On 4/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Mantisxazn said:

Good afternoon, when in had pre-employment with urine test this morning. Went to train operators orientation.  

Also 5 years vested for Pension. Hochul brought it back down to 5yrs. Coumo had it for 10yrs. 

What’s your list number and how did you go to orientation if you didn’t do the medical

On 4/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Mantisxazn said:

Wait you went in for pre-employment that morning but you already did orientation and yard qualification?

1 hour ago, FilippoSironi said:

Wait you went in for pre-employment that morning but you already did orientation and yard qualification?

1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

This is extremely confusing 

I'm going to bet the orientation is just someone who told him what the job entailed.

2 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

But that wouldn’t involve getting on and off a train

Probably meant someone told him he had to do things like climb on and off trains. He also mentioned the pension reform which is a recent development.