ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

neck size.   sleep apnea.  which is bogus.

#BIGNECKGANG !   #BIGGUTGANG !!!

I'll join the biggutgang nah but real talk it's a bunch of bs so a body builder who weighs a lot because of muscle and an oversize neck because of muscle will considered they have sleep apnea also the bmi system is the most bogus system in the world...I asked the doctors over there about the body builder also and they told me yup they'll be tested also I'm like tf

34 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I'll join the biggutgang nah but real talk it's a bunch of bs so a body builder who weighs a lot because of muscle and an oversize neck because of muscle will considered they have sleep apnea also the bmi system is the most bogus system in the world...I asked the doctors over there about the body builder also and they told me yup they'll be tested also I'm like tf

Could you be put on hold for a high bmi as well? My bmi is high for my height but im in shape

2 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Could you be put on hold for a high bmi as well? My bmi is high for my height but im in shape

Possibly but don't quote me on that because I'm not those quack doctors over there, I believe they go based on bmi and fatneckgang status. When's your medical?

1 minute ago, underground traveler said:

I didn't called for medical ye t😔  but that just gives me time to see a doctor to get ahead of anything hopefully

Or just go on a lil diet until they call, that's what I did when I got called for t/o last year when i was a conductor when on a salad and low calorie diet for like 2 months prior to them calling me and passed the medical.

12 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Or just go on a lil diet until they call, that's what I did when I got called for t/o last year when i was a conductor when on a salad and low calorie diet for like 2 months prior to them calling me and passed the medical.

lol!! My man!! 

11 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Welp Planet fitness just gained a new member today 😂😂😂

Just go and you'll make it you can realistically lose 2 pounds a week 8 pounds in a month or 16 in two months if you're dedicated. Or more depending on how serious you are to reaching that t/o goal. No pain no gain #notsofatgang

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Just go and you'll make it you can realistically lose 2 pounds a week 8 pounds in a month or 16 in two months if you're dedicated. Or more depending on how serious you are to reaching that t/o goal. No pain no gain #notsofatgang

Im scared to workout because I might lose my 🍑 but my bmi is a 36 now so I definitely want to bring that down. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, Imhim said:

Yeah I was XX same time and never had this tour and RDOs changing weekly thing. I know this happened in the past but I started before pandemic and didn’t see this at all, not even with classmates or others in my induction group. Again maybe before this list this was the case but most recently this hasn’t been a practice I’ve heard of. I know there were some that this happened to during pandemic if I’m not mistaken but that’s clearly because we were severely short staffed! Now with the vacancy bid, I will say that yes if you bid on a temp and the T/O comes back yes you fall back to XX and you will be at the bottom number wise. However again this is MY experience past and present (currently had this happen) they have kept me with same RDOs and same tour. So it’s on you if you want to take that risk. Just like nipaaaa said it’s the random start times and locations that get annoying once you get dropped to the bottom. I haven’t worked a 40 week yet, but to be fair I’m in the B division and it’s pretty much open jobs everywhere everyday lol. 

so once you are XX for a while and you're on top of the list they give more consistent locations and start times?

2 hours ago, underground traveler said:

Anything higher than 35 BMI and anything bigger than 17 on the neck they will want you to do a sleep study.

4 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

so once you are XX for a while and you're on top of the list they give more consistent locations and start times?

no guarantee about that. Maybe 75% of the time report locations will be convenient

I was recently diagnosed with the beginning stages of Arthritis that based on my family history will get worse even though I'm fairly young.  Are we allowed to take pain medications while on duty as long as they don't make you sleep? Can you take dr prescribed and/or otc medicine? Just trying to figure out what is allowed.  I don't want to get the job and end up losing it bc I took something that flagged the drug test.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:02 PM, underground traveler said:

You should be good bmi only came into play for me because of my neck size if its over 17” they automatically make you test for sleep apnea

Edited by CC1191
Typo

3 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I was recently diagnosed with the beginning stages of Arthritis that based on my family history will get worse even though I'm fairly young.  Are we allowed to take pain medications while on duty as long as they don't make you sleep? Can you take dr prescribed and/or otc medicine? Just trying to figure out what is allowed.  I don't want to get the job and end up losing it bc I took something that flagged the drug test.

You won't be allowed to operate a train if you're taking any narcotics, if any narcotics show up during your drug test or a random just make sure you have a prescription and proof. We all done here aren't made perfectly... 

Edited by Schecter