ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, elantra06 said:

Trust me TA needs at least 650 more T/O's this year alone to get back up to normal staff levels and that's only for this title. Crew shortage is expected this summer due to all the vacations coming up. The next round of letters asking recently retired T/O's to come back and work for 90 days are starting to go out. What's compounding it is there isn't enough TSS's to handle all the new hire classes they need to have as they are short on that title as well. Some days it's hard to even find a TSS to respond to your train if you need assistance. 

Can't wait for the next promotional exam then! 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

And also remember a lot of train operators are out comp for a maximum of 2 years for assault or 1 year for a 12-9, currently 750 RTO members are out on comp. So they need people don't lose hope, just timing and patience is key.

Yea quite a few are….

I lost my ssi card going for medical on the second I do have a photo copy and I did show the original during pre employment  but i have lost it since i ordered a new one today should I go down to social security or take my chances on the second thanks in advance list #401×

10 hours ago, Schecter said:

And also remember a lot of train operators are out comp for a maximum of 2 years for assault or 1 year for a 12-9, currently 750 RTO members are out on comp. So they need people don't lose hope, just timing and patience is key.

What’s “are out comp” means? Is that slang for out of compensation aka being force to not working/not getting paid?

4 hours ago, TO12 said:

What’s “are out comp” means? Is that slang for out of compensation aka being force to not working/not getting paid?

Workers compensation hurt on the job, etc you're out of service and get paid thru mta workers comp and disability if you applied for the disability insurance.

7 hours ago, Schecter said:

Workers compensation hurt on the job, etc you're out of service and get paid thru mta workers comp and disability if you applied for the disability insurance.

does getting spit on or pushed/shoved constitutes as an 'assault'?  

32 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

does getting spit on or pushed/shoved constitutes as an 'assault'?  

Yes.

The moment you get touched in an unwanted/aggressive manor or have some random shit (solid or liquid) thrown at you, that constitutes an assault.

15 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yes.

The moment you get touched in an unwanted/aggressive manor or have some random shit (solid or liquid) thrown at you, that constitutes an assault.

wow i didn't know.  good to know.   
the thing is.....would "management" believe us?  or will they need proof like a security camera footage or something?

also.....what's the protocol to follow if god forbid one of us is assaulted?  leave the area of attack, and call it in on the radio and wait for a TSS/union rep to show up? 

thanks

34 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

the thing is.....would "management" believe us?  or will they need proof like a security camera footage or something?

also.....what's the protocol to follow if god forbid one of us is assaulted?  leave the area of attack, and call it in on the radio and wait for a TSS/union rep to show up? 

thanks

You would call it in to RCC rail control center 

And be Govern by them 

close up your window etc 

And  don’t move that train 

Remember guy if you drop the handle while operating call it in 

you don’t get in trouble for that anymore

When train operator don’t call it in and charge up and move is when they get in trouble

as long you didn’t hit a signal or switch don’t worry about dropping the handle 

Edited by Gullys

18 minutes ago, Gullys said:

When train operator don’t call it in and charge up and move is when they get in trouble

What exactly is dropping the handle?

25 minutes ago, Gullys said:

You would call it in to RCC rail control center 

And be Govern by them 

close up your window etc 

And  don’t move that train 

u know what's crazy?  few short weeks ago i was verbally asssaulted and i walked fast away from this crazy customer on the platform, i was in full uniiform, but as i got the end of the platform, he ran away.  and i thought i was going to need to fight to defend myself, but i might lose my job over it.  u know the dilemma?

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

thanks

As soon as it happens call rcc right away if it happens on the platform or on the train, and request medical right away. God forbid bodily fluids are infected with a disease or virus you don't wanna second guess anything. These EDPs don't care. Remember your life and safety matter more than anything else. Also if they ask you to isolate a car with bodily fluids vomit, blood, anything bodily fluid don't isolate the train car let them know you don't have the proper PPE to isolate that car, we're showed osha videos for a reason. 

Hey anyone had any luck rescheduling their pre-employment appointment? I'm out of town and my appointment is next week, I called the MTA Human Resources department and all they could do is email the employment office. I'm kinda in a panic I don't want to loose a job I always wanted because I took a vacation at the wrong time. :unsure:

11 hours ago, Gullys said:

Really? Cuz I have been hearing of a lot of people having to fill G2s and talk to superintendents for accidentally going BIE when the train is not even moving. 

2 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Really? Cuz I have been hearing of a lot of people having to fill G2s and talk to superintendents for accidentally going BIE when the train is not even moving. 

I know there was a bulletin for it 

I forgot the guy who fought for it 

because especially the new tech train it’s easy to drop the handle aka go to BIE

10 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

when we make tiny mistakes they make us feel we just killed someone or something