ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/18/2022 at 11:39 AM, Jay-Oh said:

There’s only one job on the A that uses the 68A, as Keikyu said, the job is A316.

You do 1 trip 207 - Far Rock and back, then you take the train light down to 135 spur, change ends and wait for the tower to let you go. Then you go up to CCYD.

this job sounds so good....... 1 trip :(  i want.  even though it's the A which takes a little over 2 years for 1 trip? 

11 minutes ago, Banks718 said:

Question.Are we wearing the boots we had to order ? Not sure if they want a formal look or a ready to work look(dark blue dickies,Grey button down and the boots)

The boots you have to wear once you get them it's part of your uniform.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:16 AM, beanz said:

One of the job packages we can pick consists of jobs available on their owners day off..

For example let's say rtoman, the senior man here, picks F 201(F line with job assignment number 201) with Thursday and Friday off, and someone else picks F 202 with Sunday and Monday off...people who pick RDO relief will then make a daily schedule consisting of open jobs on people's days off. So if I'm picking RDO relief, I'll look at Sunday and Monday and see 202 open, Tuesday and Wednesday can be my days off, and 201 on Thursday and Friday. Then I'll grab something else for Saturday and that's my assignment schedule.

That is usually what us new people end up with at first. I just had my first pick and i got the C on Sunday and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off, and the A on Thursday Friday and Saturday. 

So instead of having a straight job doing the same thing every day i have some variety which i personally prefer. Controlled variety i should say, because being XX or being XL u get a lot of variety but have no control over what times you report or sign out.

Edit: I should also add that it's per district. Different lines are in different districts so you can't make an RDO relief package consisting of the ABCD lines because AC are in the north and BD are in the south.

But this is not something for ya to worry about right now...just sharing some info cause i remember when i was waiting to be called i loved collecting any tidbit of information about the job i could find.

cool thanks for this lesson about RDO relief.   it sounds good actually  it's like a hybrid or...in fact kinda like having 2 picked jobs in 1 right?  u can pick and choose

how long does it take to build up enough senority to do RDO relief?  1? 2? 10 years?  :(    think about doing XX for years makes me extremely nauseous

7 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

cool thanks for this lesson about RDO relief.   it sounds good actually  it's like a hybrid or...in fact kinda like having 2 picked jobs in 1 right?  u can pick and choose

how long does it take to build up enough senority to do RDO relief?  1? 2? 10 years?  :(    think about doing XX for years makes me extremely nauseous

Took me 3.5 years for RDO relief. 3 years for XL.

Was able to build myself a nice package fully out of the terminal nearest my house. 2 hour commute turns into a 10 minute commute everyday.

9 minutes ago, Banks718 said:

Ok thanks.But do we wear them to orientation tomorrow ?

I don't think we have to wear them tomorrow because that blue paper only says that the footwear to be worn tomorrow should be sturdy, hard soled black or brown laced shoes or boots.  So you could wear them, but you don't have to unless you have other alternatives.

8 minutes ago, d4rkst4r said:

I don't think we have to wear them tomorrow because that blue paper only says that the footwear to be worn tomorrow should be sturdy, hard soled black or brown laced shoes or boots.  So you could wear them, but you don't have to unless you have other alternatives.

I'm wearing everything tomorrow I'm assuming they want to see that you have everything you need in case you have to go and buy something 

1 hour ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

I'm wearing everything tomorrow I'm assuming they want to see that you have everything you need in case you have to go and buy something 

Based on the other replies looks like I'll be wearing the boots tomorrow as well :) thanks for asking

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You can bring a bag with you tomorrow

Oh really.  The blue paper that we received said No Backpacks or bags with wheels are allowed.  I want to bring it, but I don't want to be told that I need to get rid of it or something like that.

3 minutes ago, d4rkst4r said:

Oh really.  The blue paper that we received said No Backpacks or bags with wheels are allowed.  I want to bring it, but I don't want to be told that I need to get rid of it or something like that.

There's a rule about no bookbags or bags with wheels because u can't have that in the yard...but for orientation the bookbag will be fine.

9 minutes ago, d4rkst4r said:

Yeah you can bring a bag with you, if you plan on keeping that bag make sure it has detachable straps that can't be tucked or put away.

3 minutes ago, beanz said:

There's a rule about no bookbags or bags with wheels because u can't have that in the yard...but for orientation the bookbag will be fine.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Yeah you can bring a bag with you, if you plan on keeping that bag make sure it has detachable straps that can't be tucked or put away.

Okay thanks.  Yeah it's a regular Jansport bookbag.  Appreciate the advice.