ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 minute ago, Ro323 said:

@TCartthanks so do I have to email them the completed form with documents also?

Just bring all the material printed out with you and completed anything missing they will help you out just make sure you bring highschool diploma, state ID and SS card and vax card. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the people in this Forum that’s already in MTA TO position do y’all have an idea of how many more TOs they need? Is it being spoken about daily? Do they really need a lot of new hires for this position? Cause if so I know you guys are getting crazy amount of OT especially the people who actually wants OT lol just curious 

1 hour ago, Ro323 said:

Hey guys I got the canvass email and I just want some info on what to fill out and do I need to do the drug test myself or I’ll do that at the Brooklyn building? Should I send in all my documents with it? 

list number is low 49xx

no you don't take the drug test yourself, you do it there. You don't send the documents either you just bring them all in. 

12 hours ago, TCart said:

For all the people in this Forum that’s already in MTA TO position do y’all have an idea of how many more TOs they need? Is it being spoken about daily? Do they really need a lot of new hires for this position? Cause if so I know you guys are getting crazy amount of OT especially the people who actually wants OT lol just curious 

They short over 200 TOs from what the RTO VP Stated...

15 hours ago, lizzydriver said:

Are E-readers NOT allowed (those small thin electronic books like Kindle)?
Are they catergorized as an Electronic Device?  And if I am caught using it (reading on it) will I be penalized and taking out of service?

Crew room or locker room ONLY you can use them...

Anyplace else where customers see you is a no no..

3 minutes ago, JPkim1130 said:

Im curious. What you do when you go to class? its like training? or studying?  what the process after you go in to class?

Its class like School..

You must study if you want to pass there are tests, midterm a signals quiz and a final exam.

You are also trained on the equipment you will operate as well..

I call decas number and they are saying a different number for the last appointed and when I check open Data it shows a different number for certification sequence number and are off by a lot. 

So which one is telling the correct information?

4 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

what does "Do noit Bump the various threads/topics" mean?

Bump is short for bring up my post, they write something to bring their message or post up in front so it gets someone's attention. Which was done on both the conductor and train operator forum pages.

15 hours ago, Mikepro6 said:

How’s parking near the school in Brooklyn ?

Non-existent. :-)

With that said, budget at *minimum* 30-45 minutes before your report time at the school to look for parking. I generally recommend using transit if it's a 7 AM start because those with 6 AM reporting times have taken most of the spots. They will nag you if you're late on that first day, so please arrive *early* for schoolcar.

5 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

Non-existent. :-)

With that said, budget at *minimum* 30-45 minutes before your report time at the school to look for parking. I generally recommend using transit if it's a 7 AM start because those with 6 AM reporting times have taken most of the spots. They will nag you if you're late on that first day, so please arrive *early* for schoolcar.

Thank you , hoping I can make driving work cause it saves me an hr of traveling.

I got a 6am reporting time on first day , does that mean that will be my permanent schedule ?

On 8/15/2022 at 11:20 AM, Ro323 said:

@Kashmullaokay but what if I can’t find my diploma and I ordered. Reprint of it and won’t arrive in time? Original got destroyed in flood. 

Same for me. Lost everything in sandy!

When I went in they said bring it next time.

I was nervous as well, but after I got home from my appointment,  my diploma came, took like 2 weeks. I mailed in a request for duplicate and sent it overnight with a self addressed overnight envelope for the return.

59 minutes ago, Mikepro6 said:

Thank you , hoping I can make driving work cause it saves me an hr of traveling.

I got a 6am reporting time on first day , does that mean that will be my permanent schedule ?

damn i miss the first days of orientation in PS248.  i wanna go back!!!!!!