ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Just now, Soilwork said:

So I managed to defer my appointment over the phone by a week, they insisted that even that was pushing the line, but still agreed. My appointment is now at 10:30 am the 14th this month. Only problem is at the end of the conversation even though I asked a second time that it'll absolutely be adjusted to that day, will I get an additional email or proof of the change she said no. So here I am looking at the instruction, which require the email or reference to my appointment. Anyone know if I'll get any pushback for the date not matching up, when I answer them that it was pushed back a week by my request because of my availability being limited due to my current employer not allowing me to take the day off, will they then say I have to leave or I'm out of luck? Thank you in advance for any input on this sorry for any typos or poor punctuation. I'm on my phone atm. 

No as in no further contact verifying the change, but yes absolutely to the change, sorry this doesn't allow me to edit posts from my phone.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Soilwork said:

No as in no further contact verifying the change, but yes absolutely to the change, sorry this doesn't allow me to edit posts from my phone.

if she said it was adjusted to that new day I think you're good. Just tell them that if they say anything. Do you know the person name who made the changes?

I do and have her number as well I couldn't really hear all to well based on how she speaks over the phone/ her voicemail as well, but I can go over it a couple of times over the weekend to make it out better. Most of the times I was calling was when I was during work hours and I drive in the city, very hard to hear. 

On 9/2/2022 at 2:34 PM, Soilwork said:

So I managed to defer my appointment over the phone by a week, they insisted that even that was pushing the line, but still agreed. My appointment is now at 10:30 am the 14th this month. Only problem is at the end of the conversation even though I asked a second time that it'll absolutely be adjusted to that day, will I get an additional email or proof of the change she said no. So here I am looking at the instruction, which require the email or reference to my appointment. Anyone know if I'll get any pushback for the date not matching up, when I answer them that it was pushed back a week by my request because of my availability being limited due to my current employer not allowing me to take the day off, will they then say I have to leave or I'm out of luck? Thank you in advance for any input on this sorry for any typos or poor punctuation. I'm on my phone atm. 

the good thing is ur already used to not taking a day off!!! lol Transit style

On 9/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, Soilwork said:

Well you got a date and time which is good so just show up and if they say anything you got the name and number. 

1 hour ago, Amonroe90 said:

Hey guys ! Did anybody go down to do their pre employment ? Handed in paperwork and drug test ? How did it go ? And did anybody do their medical as well ? 

Yea, pretty much all of us turned in paperwork and did the drug test, everyone was tired and cold, Ppl were tired & sleepy from sitting there from 6:30 Am to literally 6:30 Pm. Just hope the medical won't be like today.

13 hours ago, Newyork4 said:

Yea, pretty much all of us turned in paperwork and did the drug test, everyone was tired and cold, Ppl were tired & sleepy from sitting there from 6:30 Am to literally 6:30 Pm. Just hope the medical won't be like today.

How long do you think it take to hear back for the medical ? 

14 hours ago, Newyork4 said:

Medical is first come first serve, so if you want to be the first one seen and first one out I would get there very early. 

15 hours ago, Newyork4 said:

why was everybody cold?? 

6 minutes ago, beanz said:

It's gonna be extended. That hasn't been announced yet but neither has a new test. They still need to hire more people so i don't see them letting this list expire until a new one is given out.

Man listen they way they going through people they might get to everyone who took this test...

Its not just people "quitting in masse" as  some folk are saying..

They firing people for absolute Stupid  things that they are doing...

6 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Man listen they way they going through people they might get to everyone who took this test...

Its not just people "quitting in masse" as  some folk are saying..

They firing people for absolute Stupid  things that they are doing...

Yea man i feel for the new folks but it's not a job u can afford to lose focus in, even for a second. I know it as well as anybody. People look at that salary and those checks and don't realize this job is gonna pay u well but it's gonna take it's pound of flesh. U have to be 100% on point at all times even if the crew office is downright abusing u. I've met a couple of new people who just haven't grasped the seriousness of the job just yet. Transit doesn't care that u tired.

Edited by beanz

27 minutes ago, beanz said:

Yea man i feel for the new folks but it's not a job u can afford to lose focus in, even for a second. I know it as well as anybody. People look at that salary and those checks and don't realize this job is gonna pay u well but it's gonna take it's pound of flesh. U have to be 100% on point at all times even if the crew office is downright abusing u. I've met a couple of new people who just haven't grasped the seriousness of the job just yet. Transit doesn't care that u tired.

You are right I have run across a few folks like that and I just shake my head...

They feel they can do whatever and transit just gotta deal wrong mindset...

Transit don't care about your kids birthday, your brothers wedding, your planned family's vacation that you couldn't get  the days off you put in for(Don't book off and post on Facebook)...

2 hours ago, Kashmulla said:

Where did you find this information about the list expiring ? 

The Civil Service List says this test will expire 9/19, but as Beanz mentioned it might get extended. Although I wouldn't mind a promotional T/O exam being posted along the way. ;)

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

You are right I have run across a few folks like that and I just shake my head...

They feel they can do whatever and transit just gotta deal wrong mindset...

Transit don't care about your kids birthday, your brothers wedding, your planned family's vacation that you couldn't get  the days off you put in for(Don't book off and post on Facebook)...

People need to start coming to the realization that from the GATE you gotta commit to 2yrs of uncertainty. YOUR NEW, you gotta LEARN how the system works and most importantly go in with an approach of this isn't a regular 9 to 5! ESPECIALLY starting because you know absolutely NOTHING about this system your entering and these shifts bumps bruises is going to sharpen your skill set and most of all TEACH you how to deal with adversity. You are NOT in an office setting, your on a damn train. Your responsible partially for moving people from borough to borough getting them to WORK and your paid well to do so. Forget about your social life, this is called SACRIFICE for the bigger picture. And yes don't expect anyone to care about your gripes, stop acting like PETTY MURPHY and just listen to understand NOT respond.. your response is ACTION. I don't know how anyone can walk into this position and feel any sense of entitlement, you need to learn and then work the system the best way you can for your benefit. PERIOD

@ealfinez couldn’t have said it any better than that. I’m not in yet but from what’s being said about the job throughout this forum I understand it takes a strong mindset ,patience, dealing with adversity, sacrificed time. Friends party’s clubs can wait. I want the money and benefits and to actually learn to drive a train. I survived some tough jobs just as described with being A T/O. I’m mentally prepared for it. Just waiting for my turn. A lot of people tend to want things handed to them before they can work for it. Those kind of people won’t make it. 

5 minutes ago, TCart said:

@ealfinez couldn’t have said it any better than that. I’m not in yet but from what’s being said about the job throughout this forum I understand it takes a strong mindset ,patience, dealing with adversity, sacrificed time. Friends party’s clubs can wait. I want the money and benefits and to actually learn to drive a train. I survived some tough jobs just as described with being A T/O. I’m mentally prepared for it. Just waiting for my turn. A lot of people tend to want things handed to them before they can work for it. Those kind of people won’t make it. 

Exactly.... this job is NOT for the faint of heart and NOT for folks who want to be pampered. IT is grueling is some aspects and again the first 2yrs are just that. BUT if you tough it out focus after that you can really carve out a nice space and make it work one way or another and by that I don't mean you'll be working 9to5 mon-fri, what I mean is you'll find a RUN that you'll be able to adjust to and find a balance. My people is going on 10yrs and he got himself locked in to a routine clears good bread and is enjoying life, why? because he found his niche and worked it.

21 minutes ago, TCart said:

Those people don't make it down here and haven't made it..

They out looking for other jobs or doing whatever.

28 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

People need to start coming to the realization that from the GATE you gotta commit to 2yrs of uncertainty. YOUR NEW, you gotta LEARN how the system works and most importantly go in with an approach of this isn't a regular 9 to 5! ESPECIALLY starting because you know absolutely NOTHING about this system your entering and these shifts bumps bruises is going to sharpen your skill set and most of all TEACH you how to deal with adversity. You are NOT in an office setting, your on a damn train. Your responsible partially for moving people from borough to borough getting them to WORK and your paid well to do so. Forget about your social life, this is called SACRIFICE for the bigger picture. And yes don't expect anyone to care about your gripes, stop acting like PETTY MURPHY and just listen to understand NOT respond.. your response is ACTION. I don't know how anyone can walk into this position and feel any sense of entitlement, you need to learn and then work the system the best way you can for your benefit. PERIOD

No one is saying this job is easy and one has a lot of chit to deal with as well.

Some people ae so easily influenced by social media babble...

I keep telling folks "This job is what one makes it"...