ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

29 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

I'm going to wait since it's 2 and a half weeks until school starts. Hopefully others from the class post here.  If anyone has contacts in school car and can reach out that would be appreciated

School car will give you a copy as per a new conductor.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/15/2022 at 12:33 PM, Jericho said:

I'll echo the sentiment to not print the rulebook. Have school car provide you with a copy.

Someone who went through school car recently can certainly chime in, but I'm going to assume you'll get one when they hand out your tools.

When I had my swearing in at 180, and finished paper work, they gave me the rule book right then and there along with the info for the boots, first day orientation time and location, all of that. So I’m assuming if they told them to print it, it’s probably accurate. They also didn’t provide my induction with PDF’s of the books, we had to get them from other people. 

6 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

When I had my swearing in at 180, and finished paper work, they gave me the rule book right then and there along with the info for the boots, first day orientation time and location, all of that. So I’m assuming if they told them to print it, it’s probably accurate. They also didn’t provide my induction with PDF’s of the books, we had to get them from other people. 

Not everything Transit wants you to do is something you should do. Printing over 300 pages on your own dime is unreasonable and in the end not an official copy of the rulebook. This is Transit, they can provide a copy.

21 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not everything Transit wants you to do is something you should do. Printing over 300 pages on your own dime is unreasonable and in the end not an official copy of the rulebook. This is Transit, they can provide a copy.

They definitely don’t tell you to print those pdf’s it’s up to you.

38 minutes ago, TO22 said:

They definitely don’t tell you to print those pdf’s it’s up to you.

In the email it says print for your records and bring day one.  That being said I'm not doing it unless they tell me they will reimburse me

Edited by thegameksk

19 hours ago, Fedrali360 said:

Wassup my people ! For those that wanna know, yes they are still calling people in for exam #7604 my pre employment is tomorrow . I was in the #5XXX hope I pass everything tomorrow ! I’ll let ya know how it went ! Good luck to everyone coming in! 

Be prepared to be down there all day today. Good luck !!!

Good morning everyone. I have a quick question and I believe it was stated before but I’m not sure. I went in for medical 9/12 to be placed in the Oct 3rd class. I passed everything but they stated because of my BMI and neck size being a half inch more than standard I needed to do a sleep study.  Needless to say I got everything done quickly as possible to get the test results. I contacted the email they gave me. what is the likely chance I would still be able to get into the oct class?? Or should I just have my mind set to be called back in for future classes.  Thank you for reading this. 

1 hour ago, TCart said:

Quick update. I received my conditional offer email for medical & class on October 3rd. Do I have to print and fill out ALL THREE PDFS they sent to me with that email ? Thank you 

I just got the same email I think just print everything don’t give them a reason to turn you around for another day 

8 hours ago, Mightguy32 said:

Good morning everyone. I have a quick question and I believe it was stated before but I’m not sure. I went in for medical 9/12 to be placed in the Oct 3rd class. I passed everything but they stated because of my BMI and neck size being a half inch more than standard I needed to do a sleep study.  Needless to say I got everything done quickly as possible to get the test results. I contacted the email they gave me. what is the likely chance I would still be able to get into the oct class?? Or should I just have my mind set to be called back in for future classes.  Thank you for reading this. 

Call them. If you're clear and there's space they will add you to the Oct class. Some people get into the class just before it starts. 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:31 AM, Jericho said:

This sounds right. I think you're required to have a physical copy of the rulebook in school car so they'll give you one. 

8 hours ago, Mightguy32 said:

U could always just show up at 180 Livingston and tell them at the front. They can let u in to see the Mac and if all your stuff is in order they can swear u in the same day. When i first had to get a clearance i just showed up without an appointment and was seen.

2 hours ago, TCart said:

Quick question filling out paper work for medical right now and want to know does this job require a license. So I fill that part out or do I leave it blank ? I’m sure the license is needed but I need to know so I leave it blank or not. Thank you 

I filled that information out I just left the date blank on all the forms I had I filled everything out the best I could