ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jericho said:

At the last train operator's meeting, it was mentioned that November will be when Transit stop hiring train operators.

I’m hearing that too, I’m going ask some of Schoolcar TSS 

but I’m understanding that they not calling huge amount of people anyone

that they slow down

they also have the people that got fired that had failed practical,signal, or exam trying to come back 

in my induction there was  whole class that had failed the first signal test 15 multi and 10 fill in even the retake 

8 hours ago, Gullys said:

that they slow down

they also have the people that got fired that had failed practical,signal, or exam trying to come back 

in my induction there was  whole class that had failed the first signal test 15 multi and 10 fill in even the retake 

I thought If you fail signal that's it they fire you?

15 hours ago, Gullys said:

that they slow down

failed once.....shameful.......failed twice on the re-take?  yes.....you deserve to get fired.  but Transit is so desperate they dont' fire you anymore.  even if you derail (as i've heard from the Rumor Mill) :) 

Edited by trackerjack
addition

19 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

failed once.....shameful.......failed twice on the re-take?  yes.....you deserve to get fired.  but Transit is so desperate they dont' fire you anymore.  even if you derail (as i've heard from the Rumor Mill) :) 

Lol so what they let you take it a 3rd time with future classes? Talk about desperate

30 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Lol so what they let you take it a 3rd time with future classes? Talk about desperate

so i guess your name gets put back on the List.  but you retain your LIST #.   much like if you quit the training program and decide to come back, you kept your list #.  as someone on this forum said he did.  

but imagine taking that damn test for the 3rd time?  :(

42 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

so i guess your name gets put back on the List.  but you retain your LIST #.   much like if you quit the training program and decide to come back, you kept your list #.  as someone on this forum said he did.  

but imagine taking that damn test for the 3rd time?  :(

I haven't taking it the first time yet.  I imagine the 3rd time is just like the 2nd? All written no mc?

1 minute ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Question, if someone needed to resign while on probation, where do you go? Do you give a notice or just go resign? Asking for one of my classmates.

I'm assuming he's out of schoolcar. I would call union and the crew office. Then he has to go to Material Control at 130 Livingston to relinquish his tools and uniforms.

15 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I haven't taking it the first time yet.  I imagine the 3rd time is just like the 2nd? All written no mc?

trust me ur gonna pass the signals exams. just know ur stuff. at least get it 90% to that definition.  at least know what it means in YOUR words.....then figure out how to get it into their words

last Sigs exam is all written.  the Final Exam is a different exam the same day - all multiple choice and yes u need to pass that too or u won't graduate.  just study all the tests/quizzes you ever had - those are great review materials for the Final Exam 

Edited by trackerjack

6 hours ago, trackerjack said:

trust me ur gonna pass the signals exams. just know ur stuff. at least get it 90% to that definition.  at least know what it means in YOUR words.....then figure out how to get it into their words

last Sigs exam is all written.  the Final Exam is a different exam the same day - all multiple choice and yes u need to pass that too or u won't graduate.  just study all the tests/quizzes you ever had - those are great review materials for the Final Exam 

We were told we wouldn't get the quizzes back but we would go over them.  Then again we had the benefits and rules quiz which we never went over after.

1 minute ago, mimic101 said:

Damn, this is hard to read.  My class is currently on Road Ops and I don't think any of us have any idea of what it's going to be like when we finish. 

Not everybody's experience is as bad as this person. Try it for yourself before letting someone else already make it miserable for you. I've had rough days here but I've always been grateful to have the job and never felt it was as horrendous as some people make it out to be. There are definitely shitty days but it isn't everyday.

4 minutes ago, mimic101 said:

Damn, this is hard to read.  My class is currently on Road Ops and I don't think any of us have any idea of what it's going to be like when we finish. 

Listen this job isn’t for everyone. However I will say you can make it what you want it to be! Not everyone is going to go through the same experiences! Please keep that in mind and don’t just take in all the negative stuff being said! 

9 hours ago, TOSironi said:

Are you thinking of resigning?

i do honestly!  Hahaha.  i am just a survivor on this job.  this is just my opinion of course.  i met a TO this week that said he is leaving since he found a better opportunity.  good for him as this job isn't right for everyone.  sometimes you have to listen to your inner self.   to the new guys coming in...you might even LOVE this job!  so you still gotta try it out and do your best and see how it goes for yourself.  

6 hours ago, mimic101 said:

The job is what you make it. 
Sure, XX sucks, but it’s only about 2-3 years out of a (hopefully) 25+ year career. Things get much easier when you can pick a job. 

6 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

is having a 'bad' picked job way better than "XX" in ur experience?

Honestly, any picked job is better than XX. Knowing when and where you’ll be working everyday assuages much of the pains of being XX, because now you can plan around that schedule. Yes, XL does exist and it has the randomness of XX, but at least you know you’ll only be working specific lines. I haven’t had a job pick me fortunately, so I don’t have experience with that. 

Edited by Jay-Oh