ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, jbolanos said:

If you don't mind me asking how long after your drug test did you wait for the medical? My list number is 54xx. I went for my drug test yesterday 10/31

I’ll put it to you like this. I did my preemployment 9/6 … my list is 51xx and I’m waiting for my medical. And it’s officially now November 

11 minutes ago, Newyork4 said:

Me too 9/6. 5,18x, I tried emailing them ,no response of as yet

Last email I sent to them was on October 12th. They said they were up to the 4800s for the second phase, and if that person with the 512x says what’s true, we should definitely hear back from them sometime this month for sure.

14 hours ago, Amonroe90 said:

I’ll put it to you like this. I did my preemployment 9/6 … my list is 51xx and I’m waiting for my medical. And it’s officially now November 

I'm still waiting for my medical and i did that on 9/21 my list number is 52xx i honestly don't know what's taking so long 

12 hours ago, Amonroe90 said:

Last email I sent to them was on October 12th. They said they were up to the 4800s for the second phase, and if that person with the 512x says what’s true, we should definitely hear back from them sometime this month for 

To what email did you email them ? I been emailing them to this, non of these have  they be responding too.

Employmentcenter@nyct.com

&

RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com

6 hours ago, Newyork4 said:

To what email did you email them ? I been emailing them to this, non of these have  they be responding too.

Employmentcenter@nyct.com

&

RTOEmploymentOperations@nyct.com

So if you email employmentcenter they actually reply back and forward your email to some lady named Michelle. Michelle usually answers back, at least for me. 

On 11/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, RTOMan said:

I'm going to post this here too so some of yall folks starting can understand this...

Sigh..

If your train goes BIE call It in Please....

Us as TOs shouldn't NOT put our Partners in a bad position to get on the radio and bang in something Us as TOs should be aware of...

DO not listen to these crew room lawyers on Facebook in these groups to or in the crew room to "Keep it moving" or "Work things out with your partner"..

No no no no....

Do i need to repeat myself?

Obviously you need to.

Also, being a student does NOT excuse you from not doing the right thing. 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:01 AM, jbolanos said:

If you don't mind me asking how long after your drug test did you wait for the medical? My list number is 54xx. I went for my drug test yesterday 10/31

My 1st drug test was 8/24, I wasn’t contacted for medical & 2nd drug test (same day) until late October with an appointment for 11/2 @ 10am. 

20 hours ago, mediccjh said:

Obviously you need to.

Also, being a student does NOT excuse you from not doing the right thing. 

Some of these folks are out here Bossman are listening to these Crew Room Lawyers and it will just get them in more trouble...

While the Crew Room Lawyers will keep it moving...

Edited by RTOMan

Just remember, lying will make things 10x worse. Do your job how you’re taught to do it, and you shouldn’t have too much trouble down here. 

If you try to conceal a mistake and get caught, what could’ve been a simple undocumented slap on the wrist can quickly turn into days in the street and a DAN on your record. 

2 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Just remember, lying will make things 10x worse. Do your job how you’re taught to do it, and you shouldn’t have too much trouble down here. 

If you try to conceal a mistake and get caught, what could’ve been a simple undocumented slap on the wrist can quickly turn into days in the street and a DAN on your record. 

What’s a DAN ?

20 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

What’s a DAN ?

13 minutes ago, Schecter said:

A DAN is a Disciplinary Action Notice aka something you don't want on record.

^ This. Essentially a write up. 
Trust me when I tell you that you want as clean of a record as possible, because things DO happen down here. You could’ve made a mistake and misjudged the distance or speed, or maybe it was something completely out of your control. They take your past incidents, or the lack thereof, into account when it comes to discipline, especially when you’re on probation.

Hey guys, i got the email to come to 180 livingston for the initial screening (paperwork, drug test etc) on November 30th.

I was curious about the section where it asks about prior disqualification from a job. I was previously dqed from nypd back in 2016. I was young and just bombed the interview. Will this take me out the running? Should I bring this up? Do they even do an extensive background check to see this information come up? 

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

^ This. Essentially a write up. 
Trust me when I tell you that you want as clean of a record as possible, because things DO happen down here. You could’ve made a mistake and misjudged the distance or speed, or maybe it was something completely out of your control. They take your past incidents, or the lack thereof, into account when it comes to discipline, especially when you’re on probation.

lightning round!
-does all our incidents gets 'reset' after probation?
-after probation. what happenes if you keep getting DANs?  say....3-4 DANS within a course of 3 months?  weeks/months on the street no pay or fired? 
-will getting a DAN prohibit you from joining LIRR MNRR etc?
- is 2 Broadway the same as 130 Liv or do they bust out the whips with glass more?

19 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

lightning round!
-does all our incidents gets 'reset' after probation?
-after probation. what happenes if you keep getting DANs?  say....3-4 DANS within a course of 3 months?  weeks/months on the street no pay or fired? 
-will getting a DAN prohibit you from joining LIRR MNRR etc?
- is 2 Broadway the same as 130 Liv or do they bust out the whips with glass more?

- I don’t know, I made it out of probation without incident so I can’t really say.

-Chances are you’d start getting more and more days in the street along with those dans until they eventually tell you you’re on your last strike or they’d fire you by then. I knew someone who got termed after 3 strikes. 

-Not that I know of?

-2 Broadway is where you go for disciplinary shit. 130 Livingston does not compare. 2 broadway is where you’ll see people sitting on the bench wringing their hands. 

Edited by Jay-Oh

25 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

- I don’t know, I made it out of probation without incident so I can’t really say.

-Chances are you’d start getting more and more days in the street along with those dans until they eventually tell you you’re on your last strike or they’d fire you by then. I knew someone who got termed after 3 strikes. 

-Not that I know of?

-2 Broadway is where you go for disciplinary shit. 130 Livingston does not compare. 2 broadway is where you’ll see people sitting on the bench wringing their hands. 

2 Broadway has a torture chamber in the 2nd level basement.  It's unmarked in the elevator.

so much for a "stable fire proof" job right?  i've been told you can never get fired from being a TO unless u do something really really stupid STUUUPID.  

but that's all subjective right?   3 signals hits and u get fired even after probation?  :(  damn man

People get canned for lying about shit most of the time, if you hit an automatic just call it in, let go of the master controller call it in. So many people are scared of calling things in and just covering it up its ridiculous. Most you'll do if its nothing crazy serious is write a G2 big whoop you'll get an extra 1 hour of OT. This job is easy to keep as long as you do what you're supposed to do.