ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/4/2022 at 9:41 PM, Schecter said:

Try this number Monday morning 

(347)643-8217 that's the number for Olha she's very nice and helpful she's just like Ms. Vargas I would say don't leave a voice-mail because they don't ever return calls back from what I've seen in the past.

I called her , she said they are not up to my list number yet for medical 1,58x ,just to wait.

Hey Roadbed Warriors !!!
Long time creepy stalking lurker here.  **Creepy sadistic snickering laugh**

1. If my induction was 2021 = How many weeks do I get off for vacation in 2023?  
  2. If I do not tell them which weeks i want =  Will they just give random days for me?
  3. If they give us 5 days stringed up will it match with the RDO's?  In essence = We should be getting 9 days in total vacation correct?  [ RDO RDO + 5 working days off + RDO RDO ]

Thank you all~

9 minutes ago, PrometheusEngineer said:

Hey Roadbed Warriors !!!

2. If I do not tell them which weeks i want =  Will they just give random days for me?
  3. If they give us 5 days stringed up will it match with the RDO's?  In essence = We should be getting 9 days in total vacation correct?  [ RDO RDO + 5 working days off + RDO RDO ]

Thank you all~

You will have two weeks of vacation and they will pick for you if you do not call in.

54 minutes ago, PrometheusEngineer said:

Hey Roadbed Warriors !!!

Thank you all~

1. 2 weeks

2. They will dartboard 2 weeks out of whatever is left available.

3. Your vacation weeks will start the Sunday of that week, so no, it won’t work out like that unless you have S/S off.
If you have W/T off the week before; you’ll end up working Sun-Tue - RDO/RDO - work Fri-Sat, then time off starts from Sun to Sat of your vacation week.

36 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

3. Your vacation weeks will start the Sunday of that week, so no, it won’t work out like that unless you have S/S off.
If you have W/T off the week before; you’ll end up working Sun-Tue - RDO/RDO - work Fri-Sat, then time off starts from Sun to Sat of your vacation week.

So what will happen on my W/T on the week I am off?  Do I get paid for those Days?  I feel like I lost my RDOs

7 minutes ago, PrometheusEngineer said:

So what will happen on my W/T on the week I am off?  Do I get paid for those Days?  I feel like I lost my RDOs

Those days will still be your RDO’s, so you will not get paid for it. 
You will be paid for your normal working days of Sun-Tue & Fri-Sat. Then you resume working on the Sunday after. 

Welcome to transit.

17 minutes ago, drob said:

Just got back from the pre employment appointment . Make sure you bring a mask. A few people  were told to get off the line and get a mask . 

Can you please explain the experience? What all did you do today at pre employment ? How was the experience? Did you get a break for lunch ? Did you have to fill out more paperwork? Did they give you papers to take home? Did they say what’s next ? Sorry just interested I have a date coming up 

1 hour ago, PrometheusEngineer said:

You don't lose anything. Your vacation week is getting the five days you would have worked off.

59 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

how many weeks after 3 years in service?

Four weeks and five weeks after fifteen years of service.

Edited by Jericho

6 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Yes generally some people do that. 

I did that last year, but it's less than ideal for those who are seeking to book as early as possible for flights. If you have flexibility, and can wait to book, then it's not the end of the world and could work to your favour, especially at less popular times of the year. Or you can use them as recovery days from your trips so you can readjust back to your normal habits.

5 hours ago, LegendaryNYC said:

Can you please explain the experience? What all did you do today at pre employment ? How was the experience? Did you get a break for lunch ? Did you have to fill out more paperwork? Did they give you papers to take home? Did they say what’s next ? Sorry just interested I have a date coming up 

**sorry for the crappy grammar** 

make sure you arrive earlier  than the your posted time 

you walk in ,  make sure you have a mask on . show your ID and the CANVASS/APPOINTMENT  email .

they send you upstairs , your asked what job you are here for  , you join a line . when its your turn you hand in the pre employment paper work . they tell you to sit down . 

then your name is called to join another line to fill out 2 sheets of paper work . Make sure your  paper work is filed out and signed , all original docs  ss card , diploma, birth certificate and so on.

then you sit and wait for your name to be  called to head to the lab for the drug test.

your called to head to the lab ,you will be giving 2 sheets of paper work. they just need a small amount of info 

you wait  in the lab room, your name is called , pee in the cup , sign the docs and go home .  I was there from 6;15am until around 10ish am. 

bring a snack  , you don't want to leave to get food.

that's about it .