ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

13 hours ago, Brivera0529 said:

so odd because someone who recently got in told me in a 3 month span he did pre employment drug test then a month later he did medical and the month after that he started on the job. Does anyone know if  they skip over numbers?

Not odd at all. It's not uncommon for people to take a second drug test. I was drug tested in Fall of 2018 and had to do it again in July of 2019 before being sworn in for the August 2019 class.  If you read through the earlier days, some people have had to take a third or fourth drug test waiting to be called in.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TOSironi said:

in every yard of the division you're assigned to.

did you take your 2 weeks of vacation back to back?  or did you spread them out? 
do you know how "taking vacation in days" mean?  do you have to request the vacation in days over the phone every time?  
i want more vacay days :(

54 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

did you take your 2 weeks of vacation back to back?  or did you spread them out? 
do you know how "taking vacation in days" mean?  do you have to request the vacation in days over the phone every time?  

When you start you only have two weeks. You can take them consecutive or spread out depending on what’s available. You can also do one week vacation and a week in days. If you know specific days you need then the pick is the best time to guarantee those days off. If not they’re banked for you to use throughout the year. What you don’t use will be given back to you in pay. Yea, every year there’s a vacation pick around November. 

16 minutes ago, Kabr79 said:

You’ll get 4 weeks vacation after the third year 

ummm.  4 weeks after 3 years?  :(  dare i say. that's NOT TOO BAD (omg is that my first POSITIVE Comment??!)
- is that 3 years calendar years?  or does 1 year probation won't count towards those years? thx

11 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

ummm.  4 weeks after 3 years?  :(  dare i say. that's NOT TOO BAD (omg is that my first POSITIVE Comment??!)
- is that 3 years calendar years?  or does 1 year probation won't count towards those years? thx

Calendar years. I’ve already got my 4 weeks due to my time as CR. So when I pick my first vacation as a TO I’ll probably just get the month of February off lol. It’s slim pickings the first couple years. Closest I’ve gotten to summer is the second week of September. 

1 minute ago, Kabr79 said:

Calendar years. I’ve already got my 4 weeks due to my time as CR. So when I pick my first vacation as a TO I’ll probably just get the month of February off lol. It’s slim pickings the first couple years. Closest I’ve gotten to summer is the second week of September. 

picking winters isn't so bad.....but yea i hear you it suxx when you wanna go away somewhere warm.  
can you string your vacation ?  like......  you can literally get 1 entire month off LOL 

33 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

picking winters isn't so bad.....but yea i hear you it suxx when you wanna go away somewhere warm.  
can you string your vacation ?  like......  you can literally get 1 entire month off LOL 

Yup. As long as the weeks are available you can do them all in a row. I try to space them so I have breaks throughout a year. And keep a week in days to extend days off or if something comes up. 

7 hours ago, trackerjack said:

A spread them out. One in January one in May. I think if you pick vacation days you don't have to call it in like AvA. It's fixed days. I wasn't sure how to know which days were available to pick tho. 

5 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Wow first positive comment! When you're having a hard day at work now you can think of the one month off a year you can take in 2 years!

29 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

A spread them out. One in January one in May. I think if you pick vacation days you don't have to call it in like AvA. It's fixed days. I wasn't sure how to know which days were available to pick tho. 

With vacation in days, you tell them which dates you want. They can tell you if it's available, but chances are if it's not Christmas and what not, you'll get it. You can string up to three days in a row. You can also bank however many days you like, but then it's subject to the same process as using an AVA, OTO, etc.

Edited by Jericho

8 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Three years from your induction date for use in your *fourth* year. So induction classes from 2019 hit their third year in 2022, so they have four weeks to use in 2023.

50 minutes ago, Soilwork said:

Nice! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm hoping that it's similar for my situation. My medical was the Monday following Thanksgiving. Please update us on your start date, from what I understand they should be telling you at the end of your next appointment. Also good luck! 

Will definitely keep you guys posted. Good luck to you too !!

2 hours ago, Soilwork said:

Nice! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm hoping that it's similar for my situation. My medical was the Monday following Thanksgiving. Please update us on your start date, from what I understand they should be telling you at the end of your next appointment. Also good luck! 

Start date is gonna be the 26th of December. I just got the call for final processing as well. But mine is Friday at 9am 

22 minutes ago, Kabr79 said:

Start date is gonna be the 26th of December. I just got the call for final processing as well. But mine is Friday at 9am 

Do they give you your equipment during the final process or do they do all of that the first day of training ?

47 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

Do they give you your equipment during the final process or do they do all of that the first day of training ?

Equipment you get at PS 248 on one of the first days. The first day is an orientation. Final processing you’ll fill out those documents and get your pass photo taken and be sworn in. 

I got a stupid question…..I already did day one processing…waited in line….saw someone….waited….showed my credentials….waited more…showed more creds….waited more and then was called in to take the drug test. Told to wait to hear about medical up to 90 days. My question is, if there was something to keep them from allowing you to go forward like tickets or something would they let you know while you are doing all that waiting? Or if you made it to the part of waiting for medical, there is nothing to keep you from moving forward (Of course not passing the medical would)?