ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on those starting December 26th! I have a request for those that will start the upcoming class. I had pre-employment on 9/13 list #54xx. I haven’t been called for medical and it’s been 3 months. Is there a chance I won’t get called for medical at all? Can you guys please ask those that interacted with an employee? Thank you!!!

All you folks starting will get this info during your time in Schoolcar and as for you new people.. 

Ill say this is caps to get my point across....

DO NOT TRY TO MOVE ANYTHING FROM UNDER THAT TRAIN IF ITS UNSAFE, ESPEICALLY IF THE DEBRIE THAT PLACED YOUR TRAIN IN EMEGERENCY IS CLOSE TO THAT THRID RAIL..

Now that being said here why i said this taken from a safety advisory bulletin no188-22 (You know those things we are supposed to keep on top of as RTO folks)....

On December 10, 2022, a 3  train traveling north entering Nevins Street station went Brakes in Emergency (BIE). The Train Operator (TIO) descended to the roadbed to investigate and observed a debris bag which the TO attempted to remove. The TO was subsequently severely injured when sparks from some object touching the third rail caused serious burns(second degree) to the TO's face and hands. This incident is under active investigation, but this advisory is to remind all employees to practice situational awareness at all times. 

This is a horrible situation and i feel awful for this TO but please people use common sense down here if it is Unsafe DO NOT do it.. Do not let RCC "use scare tactics" stand your ground.

8 hours ago, trackerjack said:

if you are a religious man....you can pray to get drafted into C-div

You need two years before they'll even let you play with a work train. :-)

With that said, I was drafted into training but I didn't like it, but there are some people who love playing with beat up diesels in a tunnel. But those dudes deserve their work train hats and shirts because if you can do Work Trains, you can do *anything*.

45 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

Is C div only evening and night tours?

There are jobs in the AM tour and the combined PM/MID tour. On the AM tour, you usually work in the yard putting trains together or at a worksite outside on the elevated lines. On the PM tour, it will not be a surprise if you work 12+ hours every night preparing your train, operate to the work site, and move the train as the contractors require.

But again, as mentioned before, you have to have 2 years in title.  The last time they tried to draft people with less than 2 years, the union stepped in and stopped it. Though by the time you have 2 years in title, there's a good chance work trains will pick you.

3 hours ago, Kaax said:

Congratulations on those starting December 26th! I have a request for those that will start the upcoming class. I had pre-employment on 9/13 list #54xx. I haven’t been called for medical and it’s been 3 months. Is there a chance I won’t get called for medical at all? Can you guys please ask those that interacted with an employee? Thank you!!!

With your list number I'd say you should make it to a class. It all comes down to waiting. Most people usually have to take a second drug test before they're called in for medical. Some people in the past have had to do a third or fourth drug test.

Edited by Jericho

Just now, Jericho said:

There are jobs in the AM tour and the combined PM/MID tour. On the AM tour, you usually work in the yard putting trains together. On the PM tour, it will not be a surprise if you work 12+ hours every night preparing your train, operate to the work site, and move the train as the contractors require.

But again, as mentioned before, you have to have 2 years in title.  The last time they tried to draft people with less than 2 years, the union stepped in and stopped it. Though by the time you have 2 years in title, there's a good chance work trains will pick you.

With your list number I'd say you should make it to a class. It all comes down to waiting. Most people usually have to take a second drug test before they're called in for medical. Some people in the past have had to do a third or fourth drug test.

Thank you I appreciate your response. 

10 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

I wonder where is the best store to shop for uniform pants. Old navy sold out in my size. 

You will be issued work uniforms. Don’t spend the money yet. Make sure you intend on staying in the job first. 
Then, if you enjoy the job, I would suggest dickies. 

6 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

Ok understood. I wont know what size thats why i asked I still need pants to start training right.

They’re generally very lenient on your first day and will tell you what kind of pants are needed. However, you should definitely get the TA provided safety boot asap. 
You can get away with dark colored work pants or chinos. I’ve seen people wear jeans to induction, but I wouldn’t recommend that. 
If you don’t have any pants at all that would fit that criteria, you could go get a few pairs of something relatively inexpensive. From gap, old navy, Macy’s, etc. 

Edited by Jay-Oh

3 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

Thanks. I can't acess the system yet it still says I don't exist yet mayb tomorrow. I was just picked on monday the 12th.

It’s fine, you have plenty of time. They tend to deliver the boots pretty quickly too, so as long as you order when your bsc / pass becomes available, you’ll be good.

Hey everyone 

I’m a C/R I went in for preemployment on Nov. 7th. My probation ends April 18th, in the event I get called in for Medical and pass medical the same day before my probation ends can I ask to start School Car after April 18.. Is that something that I would have to take up with HR? Also when does the list expire a T/O mentioned to me this list expires in September 2023 or maybe even before

Good luck to everyone! The journey is worth it.

On 12/12/2022 at 8:56 PM, trackerjack said:

61xx is a long way away.  i think they are up to 5400 to 5500 max
best humble advice?  please don't take leave of absense.  dont leave your job.....wait till you give transit a try.  u dont wanna ***(COMMENT CENSORED)***

Nope they not even that far yet because i haven't been called for my medical and my number is 52xx 😩 I'm still waiting to get called smh 

22 minutes ago, Nyhoneydip said:

Nope they not even that far yet because i haven't been called for my medical and my number is 52xx 😩 I'm still waiting to get called smh 

do you have a current job at the moment?  are you seriously unhappy where you are? (current job)

there are things to consider once you get the 'call'