ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, Jayblilz said:

T/O exam 7604. Got called in for pre employment/drug test on 11/1/22. It’s almost Xmas. Is it supposed to take this long to get called back? I’m definitely patient seeing how I took this exam close to 6 years ago. Just curious. FYI I don’t take or do any drugs so my test is definitely good. 

I'm still waiting to get called for medical and i went in 9/21 so just know you're going to wait

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Charliedragon said:

Does anyone know if there still calling people for medicals? Do you know when the next class will be. My list# is 54xx

fun fact......medical never ends. u need to do it once a year every year for eternity
i will most likely fail my annual medical soon.  
"sir !! my my what a big gut you have" :blink:

My list number is 51xx I originally did preemployment on 9/4 and then medical on 11/2 but had a medical hold. Cleared the medical hold on 12/14 and had to redo drug test. Was called yesterday for final processing today 12/21, sworn in.  I am in the 12/26 class!!! Yay! Glad I made it before the year end, but it took forever. 

5 minutes ago, Lovergalvin said:

My list number is 51xx I originally did preemployment on 9/4 and then medical on 11/2 but had a medical hold. Cleared the medical hold on 12/14 and had to redo drug test. Was called yesterday for final processing today 12/21, sworn in.  I am in the 12/26 class!!! Yay! Glad I made it before the year end, but it took forever. 

Let’s go 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

39 minutes ago, Lovergalvin said:

Congratulations see you 12/26

On 12/21/2022 at 9:04 AM, trackerjack said:

fun fact......medical never ends. u need to do it once a year every year for eternity
i will most likely fail my annual medical soon.  
"sir !! my my what a big gut you have" :blink:

If they find something wrong it will be twice a year....

For the rest of ones career..

Once one gets on that six month program one don't get off it...

Seven more visits for me and I'm done...

5 hours ago, RTOMan said:

If they find something wrong it will be twice a year....

For the rest of ones career..

Once one gets on that six month program one don't get off it...

Seven more visits for me and I'm done...

so you can get fired for having high blood pressure or diabetes?
If that's the case.....so much for job security!!!!!!!!

Oh btw......we do get paid for visiting the MAC right???

Edited by trackerjack

36 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

Yes, you do get paid for Mac visits. Anytime you’re required to do something for TA, you get paid. 

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

I don't know the details of it but i imagine if it's taken care of and maintained properly u won't get fired for it, hence the every 6 month visits to make sure u are ok.

2 hours ago, trackerjack said:

I don't think fired. Maybe restricted until you get it under control. 

6 hours ago, trackerjack said:

WTF???? Who said anything about getting fired? 

Anyways they can't fire you for that. Even if you are found medically unable to perform the duties you were originally hired for, they would just reassign you to another title (something non safety sensitive for T/Os)

Bro, not to single you out, but it seems you go into panic mode whenever someone here posts anything about some possible downsides OTJ.

Please, try to relax and not have that mindset...it won't help you in the long run.

9 hours ago, trackerjack said:

I literally worked with a T/O that has diabetes so I don't know what you think that lol.

16 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Negative just restricted(TO work Yard Station switching only CRs platform) until you get it under control..

Now the catch.. Your Tours  belong to the Crew Office.. Meaning they can put you in any tour.. 

All day Medical you get paid 8hrs if you XX your Run pay if you have a picked Job ,Revisits are 3 hours pay before ones tour if AMs or PMs....

Edited by RTOMan

9 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Anyways they can't fire you for that. Even if you are found medically unable to perform the duties you were originally hired for, they would just reassign you to another title (something non safety sensitive for T/Os)

Bro, not to single you out, but it seems you go into panic mode whenever someone here posts anything about some possible downsides OTJ.

Please, try to relax and not have that mindset...it won't help you in the long run.

Yep this is what these folks want people to get stressed out have issues..

These folks can never stress me out.. If anything mildly annoy me..

Yes i am also a diabetic on the six month program..

11 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Imagine getting fired from a Union job for a medical issue lol

3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Yep this is what these folks want people to get stressed out have issues..

These folks can never stress me out.. If anything mildly annoy me..

Yes i am also a diabetic on the six month program..

@RTOMan Have you tried avoiding carbs? Breads, pasta, rice, etc., all that is converted into sugar in the body and spikes insulin. Most medications cause nasty side effects and proper nutrition is the way to go, you'll feel better without all the extra unnecessary stuff. Best of luck to you man.

1 hour ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

@RTOMan Have you tried avoiding carbs? Breads, pasta, rice, etc., all that is converted into sugar in the body and spikes insulin. Most medications cause nasty side effects and proper nutrition is the way to go, you'll feel better without all the extra unnecessary stuff. Best of luck to you man.

hey i was told just last week from a guy who swore by fasting.  i cannot imagine fasting on a job like this!!
he fasted for a certain amount of hours and he said he usually eats once a day or something. he claims it helped him with a lot of his issues.
supposely not having food in your stomach helps your body heal.  might need to google it this weekend!!

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

hey i was told just last week from a guy who swore by fasting.  i cannot imagine fasting on a job like this!!
he fasted for a certain amount of hours and he said he usually eats once a day or something. he claims it helped him with a lot of his issues.
supposely not having food in your stomach helps your body heal.  might need to google it this weekend!!

Yeah, fasting puts the body in a state of ketosis and helps detoxify your cells. Proper nutrition will change your life. You could work out, but if you don't watch what you put in your body, it will effectively negate it. We don't know each other, but just please trust me on this. Eating well will help you maintain a healthy weight, will help restore your hair if you're balding, and prevent illness. Disease is 100% preventable, just make some changes to your lifestyle. 

The email says there's no orientation Monday its a holiday.

53 minutes ago, Albertbklyn said:

Yes the zoom is the orientation at home... You have to go to ps 248 on Monday for induction.

53 minutes ago, Albertbklyn said:

Yes the zoom is the orientation at home... You have to go to ps 248 on Monday for induction.

FWD: (This is what was in the email) Good afternoon...due to a typo the invitation may say that Orientation is Monday 12/26 or Monday 12/27. Orientation is Tuesday 12/27/22 at 8:00am. Sorry for the confusion. Monday 12/26 is a holiday for New York City Transit.

31 minutes ago, goaldigga310 said:

The email says there's no orientation Monday its a holiday.

FWD: (This is what was in the email) Good afternoon...due to a typo the invitation may say that Orientation is Monday 12/26 or Monday 12/27. Orientation is Tuesday 12/27/22 at 8:00am. Sorry for the confusion. Monday 12/26 is a holiday for New York City Transit.

lmaoo classic Transit
in fact.......we started monday dec 27 2021. funky huh???