ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nyhoneydip said:

Only on a Night i can't sleep and going through my emails and see i received email telling me to come to my medical appointment on Monday at 630am. I would of never noticed the email because mta was not in the subject line 🤷🏽‍♀️ well I'm definitely excited thank god i looked on time because i would of been highly upset to miss this opportunity I've been waiting on for months ! Also since i just noticed the email I'm not able to get a money order since P.O. are closed on sundays! Will they let me get a money order at the medical interview 

There's also one in Brooklyn that is open from 8AM-3PM today. Good luck.

BLYTHEBOURNE — Post Office™

1200 51ST ST BROOKLYN, NY 11219-9997

20 hours ago, ealfinez said:

Oh I'm all for TEAM because in this setting having this cohesiveness will lead to more success for the group. I'm getting that from my people on the job..

It's been etched in my mind but I won't give the negative Nellis my energy. 

Excellent because you are going to run into them down here especially the new ones...

"Waaaaa they dont let me start close to my home"...

Wait till the pick comes around and every job is no where near ones home and its theirs for six months..

Just now, RTOMan said:

Excellent because you are going to run into them down here especially the new ones...

Wait till the pick comes around and every job is no where near ones home and its theirs for six months..

MEANS NOTHING, the BIG picture is all I care about... 

I already live in Staten Island so NONE of these jobs are "near me" I'm not waisting time giving it my energy. 

First focus, get through SC, second focus learn how to work with those AROUND ME during the time I'm in my first year. Use it to cultivate positive surroundings and avoiding best I can ANY AND ALL BS. Second learn the system while in my first focus as well, learn ways to make money, utilize my relationships for the best outcomes. 

Lastly this job isn't for the faint of heart or thin skinned, I know that, however TIME isn't something I'm willing to waist. I wanna win and those with the right mindset will win too. PERIOD HARD STOP

23 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

MEANS NOTHING, the BIG picture is all I care about... 

I already live in Staten Island so NONE of these jobs are "near me" I'm not waisting time giving it my energy. 

First focus, get through SC, second focus learn how to work with those AROUND ME during the time I'm in my first year. Use it to cultivate positive surroundings and avoiding best I can ANY AND ALL BS. Second learn the system while in my first focus as well, learn ways to make money, utilize my relationships for the best outcomes. 

Lastly this job isn't for the faint of heart or thin skinned, I know that, however TIME isn't something I'm willing to waist. I wanna win and those with the right mindset will win too. PERIOD HARD STOP

I see nothing wrong with what you said..

Other folks worry about what others doing instead of what they gotta do..

You'll see it for yourself...

Just now, RTOMan said:

I see nothing wrong with what you said..

Other folks worry about what others doing instead of what they gotta do..

You'll see it for yourself...

that's par for the coarse, in almost every environment I've been in it happens and the few people that don't participate, it some how annoys those that do. its like the moth to the light syndrome, I'm about getting it done right and helping BUT I refuse to stand in the line of fire for slouches. Let's be a machine that works well not folks that are just looking to cause nonsense. Immaturity and accountability isn't very high on folks priorities today AND THAT would save loads of headache.

2 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

that's par for the coarse, in almost every environment I've been in it happens and the few people that don't participate, it some how annoys those that do. its like the moth to the light syndrome, I'm about getting it done right and helping BUT I refuse to stand in the line of fire for slouches. Let's be a machine that works well not folks that are just looking to cause nonsense. Immaturity and accountability isn't very high on folks priorities today AND THAT would save loads of headache.

21 years down here i have learned to pick and choose my battles..

I sit and watch and listen ....

Oh and word to the Wise....

WATCH your SICK TIME and occurrences(meaning every time one books off without A Doctors Note after your 6th time one goes on sick control meaning if you want to get paid for the 1st day need a doctors note ) people....

Even when you are off probation...

You'd be surprised how many folks with not even fives years are on Sick Control...

Once you get on that it is hard as heck to get off it...

Oh and the 30 percentage(Home visits) as well which basically we start on that until one gets enough sick days banked we get 12 every may the 1st...

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

This is not entirely true. If I'm seeing the same posts as you are, part of the problem is the fact that people are sent all over the place when they don't have to. Why should I go to Brooklyn when I'm in Queens and why should my classmate from Staten Island go to Queens? I won't mind being sent to wherever they have us report, but it has to make sense. And if it was about learning about different jobs on the line, then don't send me to 95 to do two trips on the Romeo when I can do exactly that on the Continental end.

We're in a union. I would hope at least we would all come together to fight for better working conditions and my hat's off to the new guys who don't want to be pushed around.

10 minutes ago, Jericho said:

This is not entirely true. If I'm seeing the same posts as you are, part of the problem is the fact that people are sent all over the place when they don't have to. Why should I go to Brooklyn when I'm in Queens and why should my classmate from Staten Island go to Queens? I won't mind being sent to wherever they have us report, but it has to make sense. And if it was about learning about different jobs on the line, then don't send me to 95 to do two trips on the Romeo when I can do exactly that on the Continental end.

We're in a union. I would hope at least we would all come together to fight for better working conditions and my hat's off to the new guys who don't want to be pushed around.

You aren't getting my point...

I have also said in other replies that when i was XX as my time down here got longer they looked out so it did get better.

It does get better you don't see folks with 2 or three years XX saying they are all over those are ones who are quiet.

They ones with hardly any time are the ones who got the issue because they See those XX folks getting treated good and they feel "Why not me"?

When One picks and it will happen to 95 percent  of first time folks picking one will get worse stuff than one was when they was XX and its theirs for 6 months.

I stopped worry about how backwards this place is when they do that stuff yet there are ways to get noticed..

If there  is a Hardship G2 it to the Coordinator of the Crew Office get the local involved...

Edited by RTOMan

10 minutes ago, Nyhoneydip said:

Ima have to sneak out by lunch because the post office doesn't open that early 

Don't sneak out! Let them know you are going to get the money order and they will understand. I seen many people leave for dispositions and abstracts. Just let them know. I assure you they want you to get the job, they just need to comply with the procedure.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, Albertbklyn said:

Don't sneak out! Let them know you are going to get the money order and they will understand. I seen many people leave for dispositions and abstracts. Just let them know. I assure you they want you to get the job, they just need to comply with the procedure.

Good luck!

Ok that definitely makes sense to let them know first you're right 

1 minute ago, RTOMan said:

You aren't getting my point...

I have also said in other replies that when i was XX as my time down here got longer they looked out so it did get better.

It does get better you don't see folks with 2 or three years XX saying they are all over those are ones who are quiet.

They ones with hardly any time are the ones who got the issue because they See those XX folks getting treated good and they feel "Why not me"?

When One picks and it will happen to 95 percent one will get worse stuff than one was when they was XX and its theirs for 6 months.

No, I got your point just fine. I said it wasn't entirely true and I explained why sometimes there is a grievance about it. Like I said, I don't mind reporting far. It just has to make sense and they are freshly minted train crews who still has to learn the job in more ways than one.

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

No, I got your point just fine. I said it wasn't entirely true and I explained why sometimes there is a grievance about it. Like I said, I don't mind reporting far. It just has to make sense and they are freshly minted train crews who still has to learn the job in more ways than one.

Grievance is only applicable if there's a contract violation..

They are supposed to be accommodating and they prob are to those who are XX for a while...

Just now, RTOMan said:

Grievance is only applicable if there's a contract violation..

They are supposed to be accommodating and they prob are to those who are XX for a while...

Haha ok wrong word. Let me pull up a thesaurus. Objection I suppose is a better term to use.

On 1/4/2023 at 2:24 AM, Keikyu Motorman said:

I suspect whatever the TSSes, ATDs, TDs, and MS1/2s receive in their currently super delayed contract will reflect what we could possibly see. If SSSA gets weak raises, don't expect us to do better. I get the strange feeling that they're going to play the long game with everybody and hold out for as long as possible in order to repay us with inflated retro checks.

From what I gathered. It's actually the other way around. SSSA follows what TWU gets. But in the end, as supervision, they should be making more than hourlies.

8 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

I suspect that after your two years of service, you could always try to bid your way into it if you can't pick it...

oh....so don't even try to bid for it if i'm under 2 years?
does the Refuse train count as Div-C??  
MW  =  Div C correct?

Edited by trackerjack

1 hour ago, Nyhoneydip said:

Ok that definitely makes sense to let them know first you're right 

oh when i said sneak out....i meant during lunch.  if they give u one.  i forgot if they gave us one.  but - if they don't...... you can just say ur going to the bathroom....that's when you go out and get ur money order.  the money order was a sign this organization is soooooo backwards.  wait till you start!! it's laughable.
but yes do get one......one guy didn't had it and it was bye bye for him.  :(
i don't know if they gave him another chance or not during processing

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

heeey hell yea!! i don't wanna be PUSHED AROUND.  hell no - we wont go!!
but yea......it was so satisfying few days ago these two TOs ganged up on this dispatcher who was clearly out of line / out of his jurisdiction / and being foul and disrespectful

21 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

oh....so don't even try to bid for it if i'm under 2 years?
does the Refuse train count as Div-C??  
MW  =  Div C correct?

Minimum of two years to get in yes. In the end, all you need to know is, if you think you have it bad now, you definitely will not like work trains XL/XX. It's XX on meth.