ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

Question… Do mta employees get free ez pass? Do we get allowances for commute and parking expenses.? I was reading something about transitcheck nd sum else forgot what it was called 

Nope. Get used to hearing “that’s why you have a pass”

17 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

Question… Do mta employees get free ez pass? Do we get allowances for commute and parking expenses.? I was reading something about transitcheck nd sum else forgot what it was called 

I knew someone who lived in Jersey who had transitcheck i don't know if they still do that...

As for parking?

As some have said "Thats why you have a pass"...

Try NOT to use "My car broke down" as a excuse for being late or a emergency AVA....

18 hours ago, Jordan11208 said:

Nope. You're on your own for the tolls. 

They do offer Transitcheck which, IIRC, can be used to pay for other miscellaneous transit and parking fees. I didn't bother with it, and I suspect most others won't either. Parking for all intents and purposes is whatever limited street or yard parking is available. 

40 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Try NOT to use "My car broke down" as a excuse for being late or a emergency AVA....

As somebody that used to work for AAA, let's just say that if you know your car has issues, leave some extra time and eat the cost of Uber just in case. We weren't exactly the quickest with coming out to the scene for the guys who worked for Transit. :-/

If you're going to try for an AVA, you'll need proof such as a tow receipt proving that you had car trouble. 

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

On 4/6/2023 at 5:14 PM, Miggz69 said:

42xx I was called last year  and placed on medical hold on June. By the time I went to get it cleared I was removed from the list and had to get it re-added to the list. They contacted me on march 10th when the list came from decas to go in for drug test on march 20th and got appointed on march 31st for the April 10th class.

Same thing happened to me. Had to get back on the list march 27th, hopefully I hear back from them. Good Luck Bro.

3 hours ago, Robert T said:

Same thing happened to me. Had to get back on the list march 27th, hopefully I hear back from them. Good Luck Bro.

Thanks bro! Been in training since the 10th of April and it’s been good so far. A lot of information the first week and been learning how to couple the trains and put them back together. Trying to study the signals as well.

32 minutes ago, Miggz69 said:

Thanks bro! Been in training since the 10th of April and it’s been good so far. A lot of information the first week and been learning how to couple the trains and put them back together. Trying to study the signals as well.

Were you able to pick your preferred division? Was the class split evenly between A and B?