ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Extra list you get regular RDOs, tour, and location tho right? I know Extra extra is all over the place.

Extra list is by district, but yes generally they'll try to keep you on the end that's more convenient for you. They can still send you to the other side though. Ex. You live in Queens and is best to go to CTL for the R, but they can still send you to 95 St. Or instead of 179, they'll send you to Stillwell, Coney Island Yard, or King's Highway.

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Extra list is by district, but yes generally they'll try to keep you on the end that's more convenient for you. They can still send you to the other side though. Ex. You live in Queens and is best to go to CTL for the R, but they can still send you to 95 St. Or instead of 179, they'll send you to Stillwell, Coney Island Yard, or King's Highway.

Is it easier to pick extra list than a regular job? I know I will be Extra Extra when I come out so to me Extra list looks good. 

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I love in queens. Would A or B division be better for me?

1 minute ago, dincena said:

Depends on what part of Queens and if you drive, but generally it's the B division. Take a look at a subway map and see where all the terminals are.

3 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Is it easier to pick extra list than a regular job? I know I will be Extra Extra when I come out so to me Extra list looks good. 

Every pick can end differently. It comes down to what people prefer.

Some people rather take the scraps that's left than to do XL and be subjected to the crew office.

17 minutes ago, dincena said:

I think B because with A greater chance of having to go the Bronx.

edit: This should say B bc less chance of going to the Bronx lol

Edited by thegameksk

3 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

It’s all based on what’s left when it’s up to your number lol. My first pick I went VR last summer had wknds off all summer, even did the four wknd gig, won a job with Friday Saturday off one week and Sunday Monday the next. This pick I went queens AMs. Those PM jobs were trash and getting home on that train late night is no joke. I was awarded a wknd off job on the vacancy bid. It’s a lot you can do. 

3 minutes ago, Imhim said:

It’s all based on what’s left when it’s up to your number lol. My first pick I went VR last summer had wknds off all summer, even did the four wknd gig, won a job with Friday Saturday off one week and Sunday Monday the next. This pick I went queens AMs. Those PM jobs were trash and getting home on that train late night is no joke. I was awarded a wknd off job on the vacancy bid. It’s a lot you can do. 

Good to know. I need to learn all this pick and bids stuff. It's all very confusing to me.

2 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Good to know. I need to learn all this pick and bids stuff. It's all very confusing to me.

Yeah it’s definitely worth it just putting in a bid, whether it’s for stability in schedule, days off or a certain line. Even the temporary jobs, depending on what the person is out for, you can catch a wknds off job and be good. They say that oh they can change your RDOs because you go back XX when the person comes back (resumes) but the crew office more than likely will leave your RDOs as was. They’ll just screw your over on putting you all over the place lol.

4 hours ago, dincena said:

You’re better off B division. I live in Queens and I chose B division. It makes more sense. Only reason you would go to Manhattan 205 is for A line. And bronx for lines B or D. But mainly D. 

3 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

It sounds confusing. But once you see it done you’ll get it right away. It’s just you reading the runs/picks. Once you learn to read them you’ll know exactly which to get. 

1 hour ago, TA718 said:

You’re better off B division. I live in Queens and I chose B division. It makes more sense. Only reason you would go to Manhattan 205 is for A line. And bronx for lines B or D. But mainly D. 

Are b you v often in the BX?

3 hours ago, Imhim said:

Yeah it’s definitely worth it just putting in a bid, whether it’s for stability in schedule, days off or a certain line. Even the temporary jobs, depending on what the person is out for, you can catch a wknds off job and be good. They say that oh they can change your RDOs because you go back XX when the person comes back (resumes) but the crew office more than likely will leave your RDOs as was. They’ll just screw your over on putting you all over the place lol.

Thank you I will definitely do that.

34 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Are b you v often in the BX?

It depends on the needs I am assuming. You can be there a lot. Or you can also be at the Far rock yard too. I believe they use you more on A,B,C and D lines. I heard E lines too and probably N. The rest you don’t see it. Was told by a previous operator who’s been there a few years now. 

8 minutes ago, TA718 said:

It depends on the needs I am assuming. You can be there a lot. Or you can also be at the Far rock yard too. I believe they use you more on A,B,C and D lines. I heard E lines too and probably N. The rest you don’t see it. Was told by a previous operator who’s been there a few years now. 

There is a Far Rock yard?

8 minutes ago, TA718 said:

I believe so. I heard it’s called Rockaway Park. TSS mentioned it today. 

Oh right it's on the other side of the island from Far Rock, at the end of the shuttle line.  We never went there with schoolcar, only in road ops. 

28 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Oh right it's on the other side of the island from Far Rock, at the end of the shuttle line.  We never went there with schoolcar, only in road ops. 

Yea, right there. I won’t know what Ima do since my class has to come in on sunday at 0600 to get our schedule. Everyone else got theirs today. But they didn’t have time to print ours out. 

7 hours ago, TA718 said:

Yea, right there. I won’t know what Ima do since my class has to come in on sunday at 0600 to get our schedule. Everyone else got theirs today. But they didn’t have time to print ours out. 

Wth 0600 on your day off?? Couldn't they just tell you where you are on Monday and give you the schedule then. 

2 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Wth 0600 on your day off?? Couldn't they just tell you where you are on Monday and give you the schedule then. 

I think because next week is memorial day and they said we will not be working that day plus missing the holiday pay since we aren’t on work for 30 days yet. So they most likely switched that out. But yea couldn’t question it so we going in literally 0600 tomorrow shit sucks. 

Does anyone know if a pending traffic violation (disobey traffic device) would affect me from being hired? Getting ready to go in for conditional, filling out the CPD-B form under licenses it states, "a conviction record or pending criminal charges will not necessarily disqualify you from the position of which you are applying". Does anyone that's already done and passed the conditional have any info on this? 

14 minutes ago, dincena said:

Does anyone know if a pending traffic violation (disobey traffic device) would affect me from being hired? Getting ready to go in for conditional, filling out the CPD-B form under licenses it states, "a conviction record or pending criminal charges will not necessarily disqualify you from the position of which you are applying". Does anyone that's already done and passed the conditional have any info on this? 

you need to make sure all your traffic tickets, even parking tickets are paid off in full or they can't hire you. 

25 minutes ago, TA718 said:

I think because next week is memorial day and they said we will not be working that day plus missing the holiday pay since we aren’t on work for 30 days yet. So they most likely switched that out. But yea couldn’t question it so we going in literally 0600 tomorrow shit sucks. 

oh wow! Lucky!  I worked every single holiday so far,