ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

32 minutes ago, TO12 said:

You fill out some paperwork and fill two online questionnaires. Later, the nurses take you in, you do the ekg, vision, hearing and urine tests. Afterwards, a Dr will call you in and check the results w you plus ask you a few questions and do general checkup. If you pass, he gives you a paper where it says you are fit for the job.

With all that done do they tell you if you made the june 20 class?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Just make sure you wear what's authorized, don't worry about anyone else..

Deff. Its helpful that we can bring our own composite/steeltoe shoes/boots. I have a wide foot and the nly brand that seems to fit is new balance. 

Just now, thegameksk said:

Deff. Its helpful that we can bring our own composite/steeltoe shoes/boots. I have a wide foot and the nly brand that seems to fit is new balance. 

They have boots on the mta boot website that fome in wide, I always get the caterpillar steel toe boots since I started in 2019 in wide size and usually a size up so I have more room. Trust me the last thing you want is uncomfortable boots working here.

2 hours ago, JPkim1130 said:

Hi guys. Im at 49xx.
Im still waiting for pre employment email from MTA.
What to except from the email?
Im checking email everyday and someone said 42xx got the email from pre employment email like 2 -3 weeks ago.

Im 459* and I went for pre employ exactly two weeks ago. I havent seen anyone comment they went after me either though 

2 hours ago, dincena said:

With all that done do they tell you if you made the june 20 class?

Yes. Assuming you don’t get on medical hold, you will go back to window 3 and wait for interviewer to call you. She’ll look at all your paperwork, make any corrections with you and if everything is in order and you are not missing any docs.  Then, she’ll sworn you in on the spot and you officially join MTA. She’ll tell you if you make it to the class or she’ll just tell when is the next class.

54 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

*Documentation*

56 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Just to report to livingston for a drug test, have all your documetatiom and have the packet they send you printed and filled out

Thank you for information.

I should get email in like a month i guess.

1 hour ago, Vinnypatron said:

Hey Guys, can really use some guidance. I live in Long Beach Long Island. What division would you guys recommend me picking? 

As a fellow Long Islander, and South Shore resident that's currently in the A division, I'd lean toward the B because of the greater chance of having a terminal closer to home, but if you're stuck in the A, it's not the worst thing in the world. I can make it to some of the Bronx A division terminals by driving in the same amount of time as Stillwell and Brighton Beach. The tolls, OTOH, eat up your money, especially in schoolcar.

The A is easier to learn and manage, but the B has more options.

2 hours ago, Vinnypatron said:

Hey Guys, can really use some guidance. I live in Long Beach Long Island. What division would you guys recommend me picking? 

(Lines given are what you can take to get to the terminal/yard)

Adding to what Keikyu said. If you don't feel like driving or want to save money, you can take the LIRR's (for free) Atlantic branch when reporting in Brooklyn to get to 95 St. (R) , Stillwell (N)(D)(Q) , Coney Island Yard (N) , Church Ave (take(R) and then (F) (G)), Brighton Beach (B) (Q) , East NY Yard (LIRR stop), and Canarsie (L) .

You can also take it towards Penn Station for 207 St Terminal(A), 207 St Yard (1), Bedford Park/Concourse Yard ((A) and then the (D)or (2) and then the (4)), 168(A), 96 St. (Q), City Hall (A)(C)(E) (walk from Chambers St or WTC stop), Whitehall/South Ferry  (1), Broad St (2)(3) (walk 1 block from Wall St stop).

In Queens, you can get off at Woodside and take the (7) to Queensboro Plaza and the (N)(W) for Ditmars. At Jamaica, you can get to Jamaica Center (E)(J), 179 St. Terminal (Q43 bus or (E) to Kew Gardens and transfer to (F)), Jamaica Yard (E), Forest Hills (LIRR stop or (E)), Lefferts Boulevard ((J) to 121 St or (E) to Kew Gardens and then take the Q10 bus) , For Middle Village Metropolitan, take the (L) at East New York and transfer to the (M) at Myrtle Wyckoff.

The LIRR goes to Far Rockaway and it's about a ten minute walk to the terminal, but here and Rock Park might be faster for you to drive since you live so close. For Rock Park, take the (A) to Broad Channel and transfer to the Rock Park Shuttle (H).

Euclid Ave terminal and Pitkin Yard are in no man's land so driving is probably best for you as well or take the (L) or(J) to Broadway Junction and transfer to an (A) (get off at Grant Ave for Pitkin Yard).
In the A division, you can take the LIRR to Penn Station and take the (1)(2)(3) to their terminals in Manhattan/the Bronx. Take the (2) to connect with the (4) and (5) at 3rd Ave/149 St. You can get to Pelham Bay Park/Parkchester by taking the (E) to 53rd St/Lexington Ave and grabbing the (6) there.

If you're ever sent to the Brooklyn side, you can take the LIRR to Atlantic Ave and catch any of the trains you need to get to their respective terminals there. Although with New Lots Ave and Crown Heights terminals, you can take the (L) at East New York and transfer to the (3) at Livonia Ave.

If you ever become CBTC qualified, you can take the LIRR to Woodside and transfer to the Port Washington train to Flushing or take the (7) from there.

20 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Brother! You and me both... Hard as eff to get decent boots to wear...

On 5/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, dincena said:

Thank you for the info.  When I went for pre employ they only asked if I had a valid NYS drivers license, they never asked about pending tickets. Going in for Conditional offer 5/26 and I have a open ticket which I have a lawyer fighting it.  Not sure what to do

Check with your lawyer.  Don't make a decision like this based on what anonymous strangers are telling you on an Internet message board. 

13 minutes ago, RailBus63 said:

Check with your lawyer.  Don't make a decision like this based on what anonymous strangers are telling you on an Internet message board. 

Appreciate it! Spoke with Michelle at the office, she said the points won't affect me getting hired but can't move forward with any open tickets. I took the hit closed out the ticket, ill be there tommorow for medical! 

4 minutes ago, CC1191 said:

For people already in do you recommend driving or taking the train to 248? And is that where school car is mostly?

You can drive there but get there early early to find a spot on the street and there's alternate side I forgot the days. But if you wanna drive just make sure to get there early enough to find a spot if not you'll be late and 3 unexcused lateness and you'll be fired during school car. If you're ever late because of the train get car numbers and you'll be excused, don't get car numbers and try playing them if you're late and not the train they'll check 🧐

Hello, i started my pre-employment on 4/15 but wasn’t able to take my drug test that same day due to an issue with my name. I fixed the name issue and was able to take my drug test 4/28. I haven’t heard anything back yet. How long do they take to get back to you after the drug test my list number is 42xx