ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

19 hours ago, dincena said:

Would they give me a chance to remove them or would they disqualify me if I walk in with an open ticket on conditional offer day?

You cannot accept the conditional offer with an open ticket. I had an old ticket not even moving violation, it was a parking ticket I had from a car I had for a friend. I heard the guy say that we cannot move forward past today, I calmly went on the site and paid that ticket right there lol. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Ive seen some train operators wearing sneakers when operating the train. So does this mean boots are only required in the train yards?

lol no, you can't operate/work in the subway without properly authorized shoes/boots. 

7 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Ive seen some train operators wearing sneakers when operating the train. So does this mean boots are only required in the train yards?

1 minute ago, dman1455 said:

lol no, you can't operate/work in the subway without properly authorized shoes/boots. 

what he said above. not sure who you saw wearing sneakers but that’s a huge NO. they will put you out of service just for improper wear of uniform. or just tell you to go home. 

You can wear your own shoes 

Sketches And other company makes steel toe if you want

but you need to buy it first take it to Superintend with recipe and if they approved it they give a piece of paper you walk around with and you would be allowed to wear it

and you get back 75 dollar back Reimburse

31 minutes ago, Gullys said:

You can wear your own shoes 

Sketches And other company makes steel toe if you want

but you need to buy it first take it to Superintend with recipe and if they approved it they give a piece of paper you walk around with and you would be allowed to wear it

and you get back 75 dollar back Reimburse

i haven’t heard of this. dope to know tho

20 minutes ago, TO12 said:

I just want to let you guys know I passed the medical yesterday even tho was brutal waiting all day. Hopefully I see you guys in June 20 class. Good luck to y’all.

What exactly do they do at medical? I'm scheduled for 5/26 List #38**

On 5/21/2022 at 9:26 AM, STtoMTA said:

There is also a far rock start location…..for the rock park shuttle and few A Trains you are able to start out of B 116 rock park but good luck cause that’s super senior and you have to be OPTO (one person train operation) qualified.  There are some A trains that start out off far rock but it’s not a yard it’s just the station you start at, and there aren’t many or them 

Those A Line Put ins out of Rock park you don't have to be OPTO qualified..

The Rock Park Shuttle Yes...

17 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Just make sure you wear what's authorized, don't worry about anyone else..

4 hours ago, dincena said:

What exactly do they do at medical? I'm scheduled for 5/26 List #38**

You fill out some paperwork and fill two online questionnaires. Later, the nurses take you in, you do the ekg, vision, hearing and urine tests. Afterwards, a Dr will call you in and check the results w you plus ask you a few questions and do general checkup. If you pass, he gives you a paper where it says you are fit for the job.