ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

15 minutes ago, dincena said:

Does anyone know if a pending traffic violation (disobey traffic device) would affect me from being hired? Getting ready to go in for conditional, filling out the CPD-B form under licenses it states, "a conviction record or pending criminal charges will not necessarily disqualify you from the position of which you are applying". Does anyone that's already done and passed the conditional have any info on this? 

So when I went for preemployment the guy asked me if I had any moving violations or tickets and he just said I had to pay it and send him confirmation…. You have to disclose to them but it won’t affect your employment. I had a speeding ticket and he just said to pay it and send him the confirmation email. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, dincena said:

Does anyone know if a pending traffic violation (disobey traffic device) would affect me from being hired? Getting ready to go in for conditional, filling out the CPD-B form under licenses it states, "a conviction record or pending criminal charges will not necessarily disqualify you from the position of which you are applying". Does anyone that's already done and passed the conditional have any info on this? 

Can you remind us of your list are you 38xx?

10 hours ago, TA718 said:

I believe so. I heard it’s called Rockaway Park. TSS mentioned it today. 

There is also a far rock start location…..for the rock park shuttle and few A Trains you are able to start out of B 116 rock park but good luck cause that’s super senior and you have to be OPTO (one person train operation) qualified.  There are some A trains that start out off far rock but it’s not a yard it’s just the station you start at, and there aren’t many or them 

1 minute ago, underground traveler said:

Yes I believe she was list 389* but I also think she was called to medical a month before you so keep that in mind as well. Dont worry I know you'll be in the june class

I didn’t do medical yet 😒

35 minutes ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

So when I went for preemployment the guy asked me if I had any moving violations or tickets and he just said I had to pay it and send him confirmation…. You have to disclose to them but it won’t affect your employment. I had a speeding ticket and he just said to pay it and send him the confirmation email. 

Thank you for the info.  When I went for pre employ they only asked if I had a valid NYS drivers license, they never asked about pending tickets. Going in for Conditional offer 5/26 and I have a open ticket which I have a lawyer fighting it.  Not sure what to do

4 minutes ago, dincena said:

Thank you for the info.  When I went for pre employ they only asked if I had a valid NYS drivers license, they never asked about pending tickets. Going in for Conditional offer 5/26 and I have a open ticket which I have a lawyer fighting it.  Not sure what to do

Plead guilty and pay fine… my advice, that’s what I had to do. I had a lawyer too but my hearing was set back too far so if you want the job I’d just pay it. 

1 minute ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Plead guilty and pay fine… my advice, that’s what I had to do. I had a lawyer too but my hearing was set back too far so if you want the job I’d just pay it. 

Yeah this is not good i have 6 points on my license and that is a 6 point ticket iam fighting

6 minutes ago, dincena said:

Yeah this is not good i have 6 points on my license and that is a 6 point ticket iam fighting

Yeah thankfully didn’t have any points yet but I had to get the 6 points…. I know it sucks but once again it’s up to you what you do. I didn’t want to risk it and then finding out, so I took the L. I know you can take driving class to get some of them knocked off so do with that what you will. Good luck and I hope it all works out. 

1 hour ago, dincena said:

They say to NOT have any parking tickets. Pay those off immediately also red light tickets etc. If you have a moving violation like speeding , red light (but with the cop stopping you) anything summon related. Take care of it. Or first ask them if it’ll affect you if you plead guilty and get the points. 

Because if you were to go for Bus Operator then you’ll never get hired never. I’m telling you because I was a former bus operator. Only 4 points and below they will hire you. But anything higher before entering transit they will say no and to come back after it’s been removed. For trains is different. You do need your proof of license but I heard they are more liniment because technically it isn’t a car. It’s a train. You won’t be in contact with other “cars” on the tracks. And be honest with them tell them everything so they have nothing against you. 

2 hours ago, dincena said:

Yeah I was in the same boat, literally plead guilty and paid the ticket while sitting at Livingston! They do not care if you have points, it’s just you cannot start working with any open tickets. Parking or moving violations. Nothing. Make sure if you have a car registered under your name, all tickets are paid off because they can and will look your info up and you will be terminated according to them. In the long run it sucks because of insurance and stuff but like another member said take the defensive driving class and knock some of the points off! 

21 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah I was in the same boat, literally plead guilty and paid the ticket while sitting at Livingston! They do not care if you have points, it’s just you cannot start working with any open tickets. Parking or moving violations. Nothing. Make sure if you have a car registered under your name, all tickets are paid off because they can and will look your info up and you will be terminated according to them. In the long run it sucks because of insurance and stuff but like another member said take the defensive driving class and knock some of the points off! 

But if they plead guilty thats 12 points and isnt your license automatically suspened after 11. Either way is risky but if the court date is before the next class starts I would explain my situation and try that.

5 hours ago, underground traveler said:

But if they plead guilty thats 12 points and isnt your license automatically suspened after 11. Either way is risky but if the court date is before the next class starts I would explain my situation and try that.

There’s no explanation, you cannot have any open tickets before you start. They tell you that. Not sure how the suspension goes but again they won’t let you move forward if you have any open tickets! 

39 minutes ago, Imhim said:

There’s no explanation, you cannot have any open tickets before you start. They tell you that. Not sure how the suspension goes but again they won’t let you move forward if you have any open tickets! 

Would they give me a chance to remove them or would they disqualify me if I walk in with an open ticket on conditional offer day?

3 minutes ago, dincena said:

Would they give me a chance to remove them or would they disqualify me if I walk in with an open ticket on conditional offer day?

According to the NY DMV website, if you get 11 points within 18 months, your license may be suspended. That said, if you really need to, then you can tell them that you want to defer until you get your situation resolved.

51 minutes ago, dincena said:

I would ask if the points effect your standing and then just eat it so you get in the june class and take a defensive driving course to get some points knocked off

3 minutes ago, CC1191 said:

I would ask if the points effect your standing and then just eat it so you get in the june class and take a defensive driving course to get some points knocked off

Thats the route I think he should take…. Depends on how bad you want/need the job…. But i hear they are having an August class too, but its up to you if you want to risk it.