Should the (D) run local on the Weekends via 4 Ave???

Luis1985

(MTA) Do you really wanna know what i hate about weekend service at the DeKalb Av (:P(M)(Q)(R) ( (D)(N) LATE NIGHTS) Station???

As we all kno, the (:D train only runs on weekdays from 6AM to 11PM. on the weekends, theres no 6 Ave service at DeKalb Ave. People that want to travel to 6 Ave Stations from DeKalb Av must take the (Q)(R) to either Pacific St-Atlantic Av or 34 St-Herald Sq and transfer to the (D).

Don't u think it'll be alot easier if the (D) train stopped at DeKalb Av on the weekends?... or at least make the (D) run local via 4 Ave from 36 St to DeKalb Ave on the weekends? i mean it does it on the late night shift, why not the weekends. (besides, people are tired of waiting for an (R) local to pull into any local station between 36 St and DeKalb Av.)

to me...it doesnt make sense why the (D) has to run express on the 4 Ave line on weekends. they already have the (N) going express as it is. they should make the (D) run local via the 4 Ave line. it also helps out the (F) customers at 9 St-4 Ave whenever construction is going on along the (F) line. (MTA)

I do gotta agree it sucks to see the (D) skipping forcing people to back to atlantic or go to 34th street

wat was more worst was when the (B) went to dekalb till 9PM which was a 4 hr grace period betwwn the (B) and (D)

as I always say (MTA) works cheap, this company is the worst ive seen, except the trains/buses

I could only wish the (D) would run local. My station is Union Street and I swear it is easier to get there during late nights when the (N) and (D) run local than mid days and weekend afternoons with the freaking (R). I vote (D) local on Weekends, and (M) down 4th avenue on weekdays...not only rush hours as it is now.

Sometimes the (N) makes local stops in 4th avenue at late nights. When i go to brooklyn, i get off at 25 street. And when i take the train back to manhattan at night, the (N) is running on the (R), and when it comes to my station, it stops, i get on and it makes all local stops. With the (D), its pretty rare that it happens, but it might happen. Ive rode the (D) when it was running local. Its just late nights that the service changes, and one example is the express trains run on the local. It would be nice to have the (D) run local to, and from 36 street so i dont have to wait forever for the Damn (R).

Have the (M) run weekends past myrtle & chambers.

well according to Wikipedia:

Until 1914, the only service on the Myrtle Avenue Line (east of Grand Avenue) was a local service between Park Row (via the Brooklyn Bridge) and Middle Village (numbered 11 in 1924). A two-track ramp connecting the Myrtle Avenue Line with the Broadway (Brooklyn) Line at Broadway–Myrtle Avenue was opened on July 29, 1914, allowing for a second service, the daytime Myrtle Avenue–Chambers Street Line. These trains ran over the Williamsburg Bridge to Chambers Street station in Lower Manhattan, and ran over the express tracks on Broadway (Brooklyn) during weekday and Saturday rush hours. The number 10 was assigned to the service in 1924.

Sunday service was removed in June 1933, all Saturday trains began running local on June 28, 1952, and on June 28, 1958 all Saturday and midday service was cut, leaving only weekday rush hour service, express in the peak direction (skipping stops between Marcy Avenue and Myrtle Avenue, like the J/Z does now).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M_(New_York_City_Subway_service)

I guess this was the 10 Train (Before the (M) Blue was born)

Have the (M) run weekends past myrtle & chambers.

I vote (D) local on Weekends, and (M) down 4th avenue on weekdays...not only rush hours as it is now.

If the (M) were extended weekends, it would just be used as a way for those at local stops from 25th through Union to get to Pacific where they'll transfer to the (D) or (N) for the Bridge anyway. Plus it would be a huge waste sending it through part of Manhattan which doesn't even see weekend service as is (use the (4)). If anything, running the (D) local would solve the most problems, but increasing (R) headways on weekends should also be explored. Queens Blvd local stops have the same problem since the (G) no longer runs to Continental on weekends disguised as a GO, the (R) is their only train. Not to mention some of the 4th Ave Line's most used stations are s/o 36th St: 86th, 53rd, 45th, & Bay Ridge and could all benefit from greater (R) headways on weekends.

we all know that nobody can depend on the (R) on the weekends. its too slow, theres always something wrong on that line that will cause delays and if something goes wrong that the train is late, they'll make either the (D) run local between DeKalb Av and 36 St, or the (N) run on the (R) line from Prince St to 59 St via Local.

not too long ago i was going home on a Coney Island-bound (Q) train, and everything was normal except the minute we hit DeKalb Ave, they diverted the (Q) train to Bay Ridge-95 St. all you heard was this:

"DeKalb Av, transfer is available to the (B)(M)(R) train, attention ladies and gentlemen, because of delays in (R) train service, this Coney Island-bound (Q) train will run on the (R) line, making all local stops to Bay Ridge-95 St. Next stop is Pacific St-Atlantic Av, followed by Union St. Stand Clear of the closing doors."

i didnt really mind riding in an R68A on the (Q) running on the (R) line to 95th St, but they could've chosen a (B)(M)(N) or (W). but im guessing it was something serious, or extreme delays on the (R), so they chose the (Q).

anywho, i still think they should make the (D) train run via 4 Ave Local on the weekends. its extra service for local stations and it beats from transferring between the (Q)(R) and the (D) at either Pacific St-Atlantic Av, or 34 St-Herald Sq. Also, if theres construction goin on along the (F) line, the (D) can be a backup for service along the 6 Av Line.

Like some weekends when the (G) replaces the (F) train between Stillwell Av and Hoyt-Schemerhorn Sts, customers can transfer between the (D)(G) at 9 St-4 Ave.

easy ways can help out alot!(MTA)

(MTA) Do you really wanna know what i hate about weekend service at the DeKalb Av (B)(M)(Q)(R) ( (D)(N) LATE NIGHTS) Station???

As we all kno, the (B) train only runs on weekdays from 6AM to 11PM. on the weekends, theres no 6 Ave service at DeKalb Ave. People that want to travel to 6 Ave Stations from DeKalb Av must take the (Q)(R) to either Pacific St-Atlantic Av or 34 St-Herald Sq and transfer to the (D).

Don't u think it'll be alot easier if the (D) train stopped at DeKalb Av on the weekends?... or at least make the (D) run local via 4 Ave from 36 St to DeKalb Ave on the weekends? i mean it does it on the late night shift, why not the weekends. (besides, people are tired of waiting for an (R) local to pull into any local station between 36 St and DeKalb Av.)

to me...it doesnt make sense why the (D) has to run express on the 4 Ave line on weekends. they already have the (N) going express as it is. they should make the (D) run local via the 4 Ave line. it also helps out the (F) customers at 9 St-4 Ave whenever construction is going on along the (F) line. (MTA)

Ah no the (D) do not need to run local from DeKalb Avenue to 36th Street via 4th Avenue. If ppl need DeKalb Avenue they continue taking the (Q) and (R). The (R) is not that bad on the weekends. Also its Downtown Brooklyn its like over 10+ subway stations in the area....if someone needs the (F) that bad they can walk to Jay Street and take the (F) from there. Let the (D) continue to make express stops via 4th Avenue!

Ah no the (D) do not need to run local from DeKalb Avenue to 36th Street via 4th Avenue. If ppl need DeKalb Avenue they continue taking the (Q) and (R). The (R) is not that bad on the weekends. Also its Downtown Brooklyn its like over 10+ subway stations in the area....if someone needs the (F) that bad they can walk to Jay Street and take the (F) from there. Let the (D) continue to make express stops via 4th Avenue!

Just give up most of us want that to happen

If the (M) were extended weekends, it would just be used as a way for those at local stops from 25th through Union to get to Pacific where they'll transfer to the (D) or (N) for the Bridge anyway. Plus it would be a huge waste sending it through part of Manhattan which doesn't even see weekend service as is (use the (4)).
They didn't say to run the (M) weekends down 4th Avenue. One said simply "past Bway-Myrtle". The other said weekdays (outside of just rush hours).

They were actually planning to run it weekends to Chambers, which would have been a great improvement over a shuttle. And that might not be a busy part of Manhattan, but that's still better to reach the connections.

The best thing to do would be to send it up 6th Avenue weekends. But there's no terminal for it.

Save comments like that for BVEStation, NYCTF does not need that...We all have different opinions, you just have to respect that, I agree with him, as there is other trains that run there. If there's already a local train, why make ANOTHER train run local at the same stations? Don't we have enough local trains? Ugh. People talk about making the (D) run local all the time, I take this train from Norwood to Coney Island, and I really do not want the (D) to make more stops. It should stay the way it is...Well except the fact it has R68/R68A, I'd rather the (D) to be filled with crappy R32s and R38s, atleast for the most part, they can move.

man lighten up, save that for BVEstation if u like that type of talk:rolleyes:

i agree with orion, accept what he says and thats it, you dont want others saying yours isnt gd huh?

its not the point on how long the ride, i just think its stupid to have people take the (Q)(R) from DeKalb Ave to either 34 St or Pacific St just to make the connection to the (D). and its not about being "lazy" either. people say that some customers are just being lazy, no they arent. the (Q) runs on a totally different line in Brooklyn and the (R) is too damn slow, late or ends up getting replaced by the (N) ALOT! therefore, that is my reason to make the (D) run local in Brooklyn ONLY DURING LATE NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. anyone wants express service in Brooklyn, take the (N) instead.

its not the point on how long the ride, i just think its stupid to have people take the (Q)(R) from DeKalb Ave to either 34 St or Pacific St just to make the connection to the (D). and its not about being "lazy" either. people say that some customers are just being lazy, no they arent. the (Q) runs on a totally different line in Brooklyn and the (R) is too damn slow, late or ends up getting replaced by the (N) ALOT! therefore, that is my reason to make the (D) run local in Brooklyn ONLY DURING LATE NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS. anyone wants express service in Brooklyn, take the (N) instead.

wat ever, just respect his comment like it or not....

Anyways back on topic :D

Archived