mis engarde the metrocard transfer limit is 2h15

DS4Ever

So i yesterday went to take the n32 for Hempstead i was taking The (6) train from the Bronx towards Far Rockaway. ..i swiped the metrocard at 3:13am so in retrospect the metrocard should've. Had a transfer credited for to expire at 6:13am since (MTA) says that a "3 HOUR WINDOW" exist for one who boards any subway to the n31/32/33 since Far Rockaway is so far away that two hours isnt enough for a fairly good transfer

Thinkagain folks because i was robbed of a transfer by way of this 3 hour window inwhich was just a myth and not a reality since when i put the metrocard at the n31 farebox at 6:11am ( i swiped 3:13am) it collected a new fare and not a transfer

So dont get confident of this 3 hour window because it is just a myth not reality. ..take it from me a victim of this mythical scenario

So i yesterday went to take the n32 for Hempstead i was taking The (6) train from the Bronx towards Far Rockaway. ..i swiped the metrocard at 3:13am so in retrospect the metrocard should've. Had a transfer credited for to expire at 6:13am since (MTA) says that a "3 HOUR WINDOW" exist for one who boards any subway to the n31/32/33 since Far Rockaway is so far away that two hours isnt enough for a fairly good transfer

Thinkagain folks because i was robbed of a transfer by way of this 3 hour window inwhich was just a myth and not a reality since when i put the metrocard at the n31 farebox at 6:11am ( i swiped 3:13am) it collected a new fare and not a transfer

So dont get confident of this 3 hour window because it is just a myth not reality. ..take it from me a victim of this mythical scenario

I thought the limit was 2 hours and 18 minutes no matter what. Where does this 3 hour window stuff come from? 

You guys should really be on a 3 hour transfer window anyways with all of the service delays.  That would be the simplest thing for the MTA to extend to customers who have to deal with THEIR inadequacies in meeting demand.  Fares go up, service slows down -- they should be proactive and just extend it.

They are afraid that someone will get off, get something to eat, go do something, and then go somewhere else within the window of time.

People already do that, and have been for years. Hell, with the base fare being what it is, it almost doesn't pay to get a pay-per-ride. It certainly doesn't pay with the express bus.

Well now i know that 2h18 is effectively in all matters

The 2 hour window is nationally since in Boston Rhode island conneticut Philadelphia and Washington dc ALL have a norm of 2 hours for you to transfer

As for theeating yeah many do that i mean with $2.75 one can eatMcDonald's dollar menu and a soda so yeah

Very few people would actually need the 3 hour window. How many people are trying to go from the Bronx to Hempstead via Far Rockaway using only local service, at 3 in the morning? This isn't even the most efficient way to go to Hempstead from the Bronx.

Well for starters the (MTA) needs a new fare system and sooner rather than later. If it can eliminate the need for MVM's those savings could be used to keep fares reasonable. Do away with the bonus and give extra rides instead.

New fare machines would be needed for the tap cards.

Archived