Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Lavos212 said:

I did pre employment on Saturday they took the packet but none of my documents. Has anyone else ever gone on a Saturday? 

There are only lab techs there on Saturdays so no one is going to take your documents. You'll give all that stuff to them on a weekday

7 hours ago, dman1455 said:

Congrats, if you dont mind can you keep us updated on your class size and mini pick jobs. I've heard rumors majority of the new classes are going to cleaning gangs.

I know the most recent class had non cleaning picks, supposedly the following class also will have non cleaning picks aswell. 

1 hour ago, W0rkBum said:

I know the most recent class had non cleaning picks, supposedly the following class also will have non cleaning picks aswell. 

Lasts sheet I saw for the last class  had a cleaning spot on it. I think it was mixed actually, maintience and cleaning spots.

Our class was the last to pick and we didn’t have any cleaning. It was E180 capital days.. the rest were maintenance nights like 14th, Times Square, Grand Central Shuttle, 149 Grand Concourse and so on. We go there after this week. The class that picks tomorrow, their seniority stops at 2099 and they have one maintenance day spot at West Farms and everything else looks like maintenance in Brooklyn mostly. The class that finished before us all got cleaning. Not sure about anything before that lol

Edited by Zoey

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

Our class was the last to pick and we didn’t have any cleaning. It was E180 capital days.. the rest were maintenance nights like 14th, Times Square, Grand Central Shuttle, 149 Grand Concourse and so on. We go there after this week. The class that picks tomorrow, their seniority stops at 2099 and they have one maintenance day spot at West Farms and everything else looks like maintenance in Brooklyn mostly. The class that finished before us all got cleaning. Not sure about anything before that lol

It's just your class and the one that ends at 2099 right now in school? Plus the new one going in May 9th it seems.

1 hour ago, Lavos212 said:

Hey guys I was hired yesterday and went today to rescind my hire. They're moving fast and don't intend on stop hiring. I gave up my spot early so they can fill it quickly. Best of luck 

Do you know where they are on the list as far as number wise? 

7 hours ago, Zoey said:

Interesting, the sheet I saw looks like there’s 4 cleaning spots on it. I know one for sure cuz I spoke to the foreman of the gang. 

3 hours ago, Lavos212 said:

Hey guys I was hired yesterday and went today to rescind my hire. They're moving fast and don't intend on stop hiring. I gave up my spot early so they can fill it quickly. Best of luck 

If you don't mind me asking why did you Rescind the job? 

54 minutes ago, Valdrin2007 said:

Btw They're around 2000 with the list number because I went in for pre employment on Thursday and gave documents and did a drug test I was list #197X. Not sure when/if I have to do medical tho

Should be any day now I was list 1920s and I was hired Monday I turned it down today though. Good luck