Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

What RDO's and hours are a new track worker more likely to get. Trying to get and idea whether or not it's worth switching titles.. 

depends on your mini pick during class what you might get. Maintenance days is 8-4 f/s or s/m, capita days is 8-4 m/t or w/t, maintenance nights 10pm-6am f/s or s/m, capital nights 10-6 m/t or f/s there are some other times but those are the more common times

50 minutes ago, TW1 said:

depends on your mini pick during class what you might get. Maintenance days is 8-4 f/s or s/m, capita days is 8-4 m/t or w/t, maintenance nights 10pm-6am f/s or s/m, capital nights 10-6 m/t or f/s there are some other times but those are the more common times

Thank you, your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Just now, kinks007 said:

Where u work now ?

I’m working at a place that fix pilots masks and cylinders with oxygen in them for commercial airlines. Not a pension but I do have a 401k. I’ll never max out on pay. Plus I have another baby on the way in December. So it made sense to me to take it. I have 3 weeks vacation, 7 paid sick days, 11 holidays. I would of have to of started from the bottom over there. I hope I made the right choice. If the LIRR was to call me I would def jump on that. 

1 hour ago, Marv said:

I’m working at a place that fix pilots masks and cylinders with oxygen in them for commercial airlines. Not a pension but I do have a 401k. I’ll never max out on pay. Plus I have another baby on the way in December. So it made sense to me to take it. I have 3 weeks vacation, 7 paid sick days, 11 holidays. I would of have to of started from the bottom over there. I hope I made the right choice. If the LIRR was to call me I would def jump on that. 

Oh okay I definitely understand. Are u in a union ? And did Mta call u to come in for processing already?  
also how much is LIRR PAYIN?

Just now, kinks007 said:

Oh okay I definitely understand. Are u in a union ? And did Mta call u to come in for processing already?  
also how much is LIRR PAYIN?

No union. No MTA hasn’t called me yet. But I put application in for track worker and a few other things. My neighbor is a track worker so he told me to use his name so for now I’m just gonna wait. Don’t remember what they start at. 

14 minutes ago, Marv said:

No union. No MTA hasn’t called me yet. But I put application in for track worker and a few other things. My neighbor is a track worker so he told me to use his name so for now I’m just gonna wait. Don’t remember what they start at. 

They must’ve skipped u cuz I got called my list # higher than yours. Call them if you’re interested 

48 minutes ago, Knorwood said:

No way marv you turned it down? You used to drive me crazy here lol

Lol!! I know but this other job came up. Not a bad gig I got right now. I know I was on here constantly, but I’ll see if I made the right choice. 

9 minutes ago, Knorwood said:

Anyone know if capital nights are good? Is it a lot of work ? I hear that’s for the young guys 

Depends if you like overtime. Capital Nights is the main money maker in track, followed by Capital Days. 

Personally, I never worked nights and will do my damn best to avoid it at all costs, it's a unhealthy environment and long term will kill you.

6 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Depends if you like overtime. Capital Nights is the main money maker in track, followed by Capital Days. 

Personally, I never worked nights and will do my damn best to avoid it at all costs, it's a unhealthy environment and long term will kill you.

What about capital days ? I know winter is basically here so not much overtime there. But they also have rail gang that I’m interested in