Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

16 minutes ago, Knorwood said:

What about capital days ? I know winter is basically here so not much overtime there. But they also have rail gang that I’m interested in

Anything capital is built in overtime weather its winter or summer so if you are coming for the money those two are the routes to take in track

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all just got called in to get hired fyi November is the last month for all to be hired for track. For everyone thats coming in most X spots will either be utica nights, capital days or capital nights. Anything capital is built in overtime in large work load anything maintenance is not so much overtime and not as heavy work load capital is system wide which means you could be working anywhere in the boroughs except staten island hope that helps a little and give you guys an idea on whats in the upcoming process for you guys. Be safe stay well and i hope to see you guys in the field. 

6 hours ago, Chris127 said:

Congrats to all just got called in to get hired fyi November is the last month for all to be hired for track. For everyone thats coming in most X spots will either be utica nights, capital days or capital nights. Anything capital is built in overtime in large work load anything maintenance is not so much overtime and not as heavy work load capital is system wide which means you could be working anywhere in the boroughs except staten island hope that helps a little and give you guys an idea on whats in the upcoming process for you guys. Be safe stay well and i hope to see you guys in the field. 

So November is the last class ?? Till when ? There is no December class ?

7 hours ago, Chris127 said:

Last month period? As in, nobody else from the list will be called or get am email for trackworker? 

11 hours ago, RoyalJD said:

Congratulations.  Do anyone know any updates on numbers they are up to, how long they will be selecting numbers from list and so on? Is there a number I can call for any information?  Does  a # in the 4200's even have a chance? 

They’re up to like 29** with pre employment , so maybe they’ll  get to 4000s by 2023 spring / summer 

6 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

How do u know this ?

I been in track for 5 years. The level 2 i know get the info before you guys even get in to school of a certain amount of workers per mile in track thats needed by federal law. He was told nov 2022 would be the last month of hiring. I was never told what exact date or if that was going to be it for the list. Just giving you the inside scoop good luck to all. 

12 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

I been in track for 5 years. The level 2 i know get the info before you guys even get in to school of a certain amount of workers per mile in track thats needed by federal law. He was told nov 2022 would be the last month of hiring. I was never told what exact date or if that was going to be it for the list. Just giving you the inside scoop good luck to all. 

Ohhh okay I just private messaged you. 

UPDATE : so I just spoke to someone who is in charge of the hiring for track workers. 
I won’t make the next class (11/7) because my list number is 27** and they are only up to the 2500’s so she said next week I’ll receive and email for a date to do my MEDICAL since I already completed my drug test yesterday. 

ps: she doesn’t have the start date for December yet 

2 minutes ago, Chris127 said:

Oh ok so you where right your most likely going to be the last class before the new year as long you get in thats what matters 

28 minutes ago, kinks007 said:

UPDATE : so I just spoke to someone who is in charge of the hiring for track workers. 
I won’t make the next class (11/7) because my list number is 27** and they are only up to the 2500’s so she said next week I’ll receive and email for a date to do my MEDICAL since I already completed my drug test yesterday. 

ps: she doesn’t have the start date for December yet 

4 hours ago, Knorwood said:

From the reviews it seems like the best boots that mta provides while still being a bit stylish but only last about 6 months 

6 months huh lol, sheesh! Thx guess something is better than nothing.. Will consider buying something else down the road..