Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2022 at 2:59 PM, Knorwood said:

Well can we get our own that’s not on the list ? Kinda don’t want any other ones and I don’t mind paying for it but if not I’ll just rock xrds and swhich off every 6 months 

You need your superintendent to approve it and send all necessary documents to system safety.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:12 PM, erniepotential track said:

Hello although the email informed me of all requirements for the track worker employment process #8600.  Is there anything that I should know before the appointment to avoid delays during the hiring process?

U started the process ?

On 10/31/2022 at 8:12 PM, erniepotential track said:

Hello although the email informed me of all requirements for the track worker employment process #8600.  Is there anything that I should know before the appointment to avoid delays during the hiring process?

I’d say just bring everything they said to bring don’t forget ANYTHING!! Make sure you have all your documents and don’t be late

On 11/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, kinks007 said:

I GOT CALLED FOR FINAL PROCESSING. I GO TOMORROW. NEXT CLASS STARTS NOV 28th

MY LIST #27** 

How long after you went in to start the pre employment process did it take to hear back from them ? I went in on the 28th of October to start the pre employment process 

On 11/11/2022 at 2:39 PM, Aniel P said:

How long after you went in to start the pre employment process did it take to hear back from them ? I went in on the 28th of October to start the pre employment process 

I went in October 26th. I got hired on Wednesday, November 9th. I start on the 28th

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Aniel P said:

Any updates on anyone ? I haven’t heard back from them it’s been a month today 

Last someone posted said they were up to 3050 ish for pre employment but that was since November 11. Also one of my friend whose a Power distribution maintainer told me they are on going classes that are being held.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TrainTrainGoAway said:

How common is it for people to avoid mini Picks in the bronx like the plague or does it vary?

Seems like everyone want to be in brooklyn for training.

Does this apply across the board?

Unfortunately the way this way this place work is based off of seniority so depending on where you fall at in terms of your class depends on where you go on the mini pick 

Just now, Chris127 said:

Unfortunately the way this way this place work is based off of seniority so depending on where you fall at in terms of your class depends on where you go on the mini pick 

And I would rather the bronx than brooklyn in terms of training you would learn alot more