Transit electrical helper exam 8611 results

tprashad0719

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tprashad0719 said:

I took this exam on July 21, 2018 session 1 @8am

I thought I scored good on this exam and just checked my results..I got 33 out of 40 scoring 82.5

Kinda disappointed, I hope some questions get protested

Where did u see the results 

looks like im at 95%, with 2 out of 40 wrong.

already working as a provisional electrical helper (signals) and hoping that passing this multiple choice test will secure a permanent status as soon as possible

is anyone going for mondays protest session?

1 hour ago, tprashad0719 said:

What session was you jake?

my test was at 4:30pm

1 hour ago, tprashad0719 said:

Wow 95 your good ,i swear i was confident i did better then 82.5% ,test wasn't hard but I hope the protest helps

hehe thanks.. though you have to admit, it wasnt a hard test .. still, that clock forces you to move fast and i think thats why most people make mistakes

Well I want to get the permanent position first as a helper in case I get into any problems in Maintainer school. We have a helper who got assigned in our section because he failed Maintainer school not too long ago. If he did not have permanent status, he would have been back on the streets. Im working at 57th on the broadway line. How about you?

I know that feeling,I was off from the streets when called in for signal maintainer, I didnt pass the line control practical and was sent back to the streets..its good to start off as a helper such as yourself then move your way up..signal maintenance might seem easy but to get pass the school is the hardest part because your craming in so much info within 5 months..Ihad to be a signalmaintainer helper for 5 months getting signal maintainer pay..all i did was flagging...didnt learn nothing and alot of maintainsers are laid back and dont wanna teach you anything because their getting nothing for it

On 8/28/2018 at 11:19 AM, tprashad0719 said:

How are you liking signals Jake? Out of all the positions that is one I dont want to go haha

I like Signals, not sure I'd qualify for light or power anyway so I'm staying here, hopefully that permanent status is around the corner so I can do a year and go to signal maintainer school...

You have to have a background as a machanic to be qualified a Car Inspector. Signals and Car Inspectors are an entirely different department. I know that they are promoting a lot of CI to RCI though, so maybe they running short of Car Inspectors, so it may actually happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored a 97 on the TEH Exam 8611. Can't say it was a difficult exam .. seemed like general electrical and mechanical theory questions. Anyone on here already working as a TEH ? If so Is there a big shortage on TEH's or not really? Just wondering if I have a chance of getting called in before the year ends. 

Is there any way you can check your results even though you didn’t file out that yellow paper to put your answer choices on to check when answers are posted ? I forget all about that paper while doing test and remember after. They don’t post the test and answer key ? 

5 hours ago, MaxFever said:

Scored a 97 on the TEH Exam 8611. Can't say it was a difficult exam .. seemed like general electrical and mechanical theory questions. Anyone on here already working as a TEH ? If so Is there a big shortage on TEH's or not really? Just wondering if I have a chance of getting called in before the year ends. 

I doubt they will call anyone before year is over. I would suppose Feb - April they would call ppl in. Nyct always takes awhile to call people. 

1 hour ago, Josh327 said:

Is there any way you can check your results even though you didn’t file out that yellow paper to put your answer choices on to check when answers are posted ? I forget all about that paper while doing test and remember after. They don’t post the test and answer key ? 

Unfortunately now you just have to wait until they finalize the exam and that will probably take months knowing Transit.  

I remember it took them 11 months to give me my score from Train Operator Exam 7604.