Express Bus Advocacy Group

Via Garibaldi 8

37 minutes ago, ViaWaterViaChurch said:

The Midtown bound 2:50 QM2 was 20 minutes late today, causing me to have to pay for an Uber to take the LIRR.

The guy on the current pick loves to play games with bustime, he often doesn’t show up on the tracker until he’s made it past the Clearview Expressway.

I also figured out that he does the Queens bound 1:45 pm QM2 run back to Bayside, and that was the reason he was late. He still had a bunch of stops to make on Bell Blvd by the time his bus should have been going Manhattan bound. What genius thought it would be a good idea to schedule a QM2 run with only an hour and five minutes to get back to Bayside, have a quick break, and get right back on the road to Manhattan.  Those buses usually always take at least an hour from 6th and 36th to get to 160th Street.

EDIT: Also, on my way home on Queens Blvd today there was a QM1 stopped in the left lane right before the turn for Union Turnpike that appeared to have rear ended a car. Lucky if there were 5 people on that bus, what a disgrace. That bus just can’t seem to have any luck. 

I made a big stink about the run times for the QMs. They agreed to look at some of them such as the QM2/QM20 issue along 59th street. We shall see. I sent over a long list of requests from the last meeting. Waiting for a response...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ViaWaterViaChurch said:

The Midtown bound 2:50 QM2 was 20 minutes late today, causing me to have to pay for an Uber to take the LIRR.

The guy on the current pick loves to play games with bustime, he often doesn’t show up on the tracker until he’s made it past the Clearview Expressway.

I also figured out that he does the Queens bound 1:45 pm QM2 run back to Bayside, and that was the reason he was late. He still had a bunch of stops to make on Bell Blvd by the time his bus should have been going Manhattan bound. What genius thought it would be a good idea to schedule a QM2 run with only an hour and five minutes to get back to Bayside, have a quick break, and get right back on the road to Manhattan.  Those buses usually always take at least an hour from 6th and 36th to get to 160th Street.

EDIT: Also, on my way home on Queens Blvd today there was a QM1 stopped in the left lane right before the turn for Union Turnpike that appeared to have rear ended a car. Lucky if there were 5 people on that bus, what a disgrace. That bus just can’t seem to have any luck. 

The bus rear ended a car? Yikes,  I wouldn't want to be in that car. Those buses do damage to weeny sedans

Latest developments:

-Former (MTA) Board Member Allen Cappelli has joined our group.

-There are some riders that remain pissed with the (MTA) for poor express bus service and are pushing us to push for a laywer to consider a lawsuit.  We are open to the option and are currently seeing if we can locate a lawyer to consider the case and take it from there.  

44 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Latest developments:

-Former (MTA) Board Member Allen Cappelli has joined our group.

-There are some riders that remain pissed with the (MTA) for poor express bus service and are pushing us to push for a laywer to consider a lawsuit.  We are open to the option and are currently seeing if we can locate a lawyer to consider the case and take it from there.  

[Insert Cellino and Barnes jingle here]

1 minute ago, QM1to6Ave said:

[Insert Cellino and Barnes jingle here]

lol... It is something that quite a few commuters in the group have been pushing for from the very beginning, and for a while service improved on some lines, but it seems as if they go right back to the same service with buses missing. Tonight just on the QM1, QM21 and BxM2, I count at least six buses missing, just for the evening rush alone. Some people are becoming disgruntled and are beyond frustrated.  Constant delays, etc., so as I said we have to look at other options now.

I've been seeing a lot of B/O's line training on the Union Tpke routes in the last week or two. Hopefully this means now the (MTA) can only claim buses are broken down instead of buses being broken AND not having enough personnel to run the buses. 

Same goes with the local routes. I actually saw a training bus out of JAM practicing making stops on Union Tpke in the Q46 bus stops. Never saw that before. 

7 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

Here's a scoop....the 8:10 BM2 failed to show tonight at a time when service is hourly....not good. 

That’s pretty rare. However, those were the days of command bus service. Certain drivers came whenever they want and they made up the time via the Prospect Expwy. 

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

That’s pretty rare. However, those were the days of command bus service. Certain drivers came whenever they want and they made up the time via the Prospect Expwy. 

Not really... Too many buses not showing up across a number of lines.  Plenty of BM riders have the same complaint, myself included.

14 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

Here's a scoop....the 8:10 BM2 failed to show tonight at a time when service is hourly....not good. 

I have BM2 riders in the group that complain about the same thing. I have a call into an elected official covering the BM2 and the other BMs as well later today.

@QM1to6Ave So since March 15th, you've had your evening service... 6 out 7 trips... That 5:30 trip is still MIA though.... I'm sure Irick got that letter by now, so I'm going to follow up if that 5:30 keeps going missing.

---

Latest updates:

-Gathering feedback from BM1, BM2, BM3 and BM4 riders regarding how to provide faster service while not providing less service along the current corridors.

54 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

@QM1to6Ave So since March 15th, you've had your evening service... 6 out 7 trips... That 5:30 trip is still MIA though.... I'm sure Irick got that letter by now, so I'm going to follow up if that 5:30 keeps going missing.

---

Latest updates:

-Gathering feedback from BM1, BM2, BM3 and BM4 riders regarding how to provide faster service while not providing less service along the current corridors.

YES! And it is much appreciated! It's been a much less stressful commute with those buses running. 

Of course, between last night and this morning, I saw two CP  exp buses broken down on Union Tpke getting road calls lol. It never ends with the MTA

2 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

YES! And it is much appreciated! It's been a much less stressful commute with those buses running. 

Of course, between last night and this morning, I saw two CP  exp buses broken down on Union Tpke getting road calls lol. It never ends with the MTA

Unbelievable...  I'm also going to reach out to my contact at Road Ops if this 5:30 mess keeps going on. Needs to be fixed...

32 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

The 5:30 PM QM1 FINALLY came. Vehicle 3009. Guess they're starting to listen.

Hopefully it doesn't go missing for another month 🙏

27 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I know... I e-mailed one of my contacts about it again last night and told them...

54433504_10216149262936760_1624933917901

I'm literally on the bus right now. About 20 passengers total...not bad considering no one has any faith this bus will appear

2 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I'm literally on the bus right now. About 20 passengers total...not bad considering no one has any faith this bus will appear

But remember, anyone waiting for the QM5 up to Fresh Meadows can also take the QM1.

3 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

But remember, anyone waiting for the QM5 up to Fresh Meadows can also take the QM1.

As VG8 said, the QM5's leave you quite a bit away from your destination during peak hours if you are trying to get to the Fresh Meadows complex or the Fresh Meadows mall

Just now, QM1to6Ave said:

As VG8 said, the QM5's leave you quite a bit away from your destination during peak hours if you are trying to get to the Fresh Meadows complex or the Fresh Meadows mall

I ment up to 188 St/73 Ave.

Just now, QM1to6Ave said:

I've actually done the walk from the Fresh Meadows loop or whatever that is by 188th and 69th.  I've taken the QM4 to the last stop, made my way over to the mall area with the local bus, then decided to walk back down to Union Turnpike and 188th to jump on a QM6.