The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted (edited)

Seems like the microtransit ideas from the redesign will be going through, as it's been signed off and awaiting FTA approval. This is a pretty big indication that the redesign will be happening as is.

(the cost is per million)

Screenshot2024-04-18at18-28-24R8_pdf.thumb.png.a083fe6838cb6979d458461430c773ff.png

Edited by Cait Sith

29 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Seems like the microtransit ideas from the redesign will be going through, as it's been signed off and awaiting FTA approval. This is a pretty big indication that the redesign will be happening as is.

(the cost is per million)

Screenshot2024-04-18at18-28-24R8_pdf.thumb.png.a083fe6838cb6979d458461430c773ff.png

Complete waste of time & money. Microtransit won't work for routes like the 12 or 32. 

On 4/18/2024 at 6:58 PM, Lawrence St said:

Complete waste of time & money. Microtransit won't work for routes like the 12 or 32. 

I'm more of a proponent of microtransit being used within denser areas, as opposed to within semi-rural areas... In either case, as I not too long ago said in the SCT redesign thread, microtransit shouldn't be used to supplant public fixed routes (especially those that are under-performing, or otherwise below par)....

Specifically to the 2 routes mentioned, well, as we both know, Bee Line themselves destroyed the #12... As for the #32, I honestly think fixing that route is an easy fix... Get rid of the portion west of Park Hill & have it circulate to/from MNRR Yonkers - something like this..... The #8 is all is needed for the portion of SW Yonkers, west of South Broadway....

13 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I'm more of a proponent of microtransit being used within denser areas, as opposed to within semi-rural areas... In either case, as I not too long ago said in the SCT redesign thread, microtransit shouldn't be used to supplant public fixed routes (especially those that are under-performing, or otherwise below par)....

Specifically to the 2 routes mentioned, well, as we both know, Bee Line themselves destroyed the #12... As for the #32, I honestly think fixing that route is an easy fix... Get rid of the portion west of Park Hill & have it circulate to/from MNRR Yonkers - something like this..... The #8 is all is needed for the portion of SW Yonkers, west of South Broadway....

I love this idea.

The 32's schedule hasn't changed since 2003, and that's extremely disappointing. For a route that's suppose to be a mix of a commuter/connector bus, the PM span is awful. It also stops running at 6:30 PM, when most of commuters come back from the train station at around 7-9:30 PM when the rush ends.