The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

So I wanted to make a new thread pertaining to fleet in Bee Line and to not clog up old threads so here we go. This is info gathered from wikipedia, facebook and the bee line group:

AS OF FEBURARY 1, 2019:

XDE60: 302-352 in service. 25 Neoplans left in service.

SERVICE CHANGES SPRING:

https://transportation.westchestergov.com/images/stories/Schedules/2019sprpostereng.pdf

Notables:

Added trips: 1 (Sunday), 2 (weekdays), 42 (weekdays), 55 (weekdays), and 60 (weekdays and Sunday)

Deleted trips: BxM4C  The last two S/B  trips are combined into a new trip. The first two N/B trips are combined into a new trip.

NOTE: The 75 and 91 timetable have disseapered off the site, so it's likely there will be some major modifications to the 91 route, and I may think they are going to extend it to Yonkers RR Station. 

FLEET DISCUSSION:

Bee Line is starting to install bike racks on the whole fleet, I have witnessed them on some of the NABI40LFW units. They estimate them to be installed on the whole fleet by summer 2019.

RETIREMENT PROCESS: 

As of February 16, 2019, the following XDE60's are in service: 302-332, 334-352, 356301 to be delivered last, 333 is MIA.

As of February 16, 2019, the following AN460's are retired (anything that does not have notes was sent to a scrapper): 

• 501 - First Neoplan, 2001 model. PARTS.
  • 512 - DASHBus.
  • 523 - PARTS.
  • 555 - Private Owned.
  • 556 - DASHBus.
  • 557 - DASHBus.
  • 565 - Retired but sold to an unknown person.
  • 572 - PARTS. Had experimental orange LED's. Involved in accident in November that took it out of service indefinitely.
  • 573 - DASHBus.
Edited by Lance
Additional info

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting this new thread and providing updates. So bittersweet to see the Neoplans go.. 

I'll start with a question, though, not sure if anyone here will be able to answer clearly since we're not even done with the new articulated fleet yet. When could we expect to hear about the plans to replace the Orion V fleet? I'm assuming they may opt for New Flyer models to replace them as well.

1 hour ago, nramacciato said:

Thanks for starting this new thread and providing updates. So bittersweet to see the Neoplans go.. 

I'll start with a question, though, not sure if anyone here will be able to answer clearly since we're not even done with the new articulated fleet yet. When could we expect to hear about the plans to replace the Orion V fleet? I'm assuming they may opt for New Flyer models to replace them as well.

The proposal for the next fleet of buses, likely XDE35s, are likely going to release sometime this year.

28 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

The proposal for the next fleet of buses, likely XDE35s, are likely going to release sometime this year.

So they are seriously considering downsizing for the new fleet, then? I would've thought they would just go for the XDE40.

Edited by nramacciato

8 hours ago, nramacciato said:

Brain is correct. However I was told that the Orion V's would start retiring this year, but it all depends when the full XDE60 order will finish (probably around March or Late February) and when the next contract is given. 

Bee Line already retired some of their 30 footers with no replacement, they were IIRC 110-116. After this order is completed, Bee Line would be full on New Flyer.

12 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Brain is correct. However I was told that the Orion V's would start retiring this year, but it all depends when the full XDE60 order will finish (probably around March or Late February) and when the next contract is given. 

Bee Line already retired some of their 30 footers with no replacement, they were IIRC 110-116. After this order is completed, Bee Line would be full on New Flyer.

That's because those were sold off due to service cuts. Some went to Maine, some went to HART in Danbury and I believe some are in Long Island.

Edited by Cait Sith

• +Young+ changed the title to The Official Bee-Line Thread
On 2/22/2019 at 7:10 PM, nramacciato said:

Auction is up for the 17 of the Neoplan artics. Photos and information provided in the description of each listing.

https://www.aarbids.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=3230

The fact that a lot of these artics don't even have any bids yet is actually a bit concerning for me. Like...is there some reserve price? Or like, could someone legitimately just [probably] bid snipe last minute, and get a (seemingly) sick bargain of a whole bus for mere pocket change?

Then again, there's obviously the issue of investing in other costs, and thinking of other things, like...transporting the bus out of the auction site...learning/knowing how to operate & maintain the bus, where to park/store it, and whatever else there is to all that. Like...it's so tantalizing, looking at these buses up for auction, but then I have to actually be realistic for a second about buying an entire (operational?) bus for private use.

Edited by Axis

13 hours ago, Axis said:

The fact that a lot of these artics don't even have any bids yet is actually a bit concerning for me. Like...is there some reserve price? Or like, could someone legitimately just [probably] bid snipe last minute, and get a (seemingly) sick bargain of a whole bus for mere pocket change?

Then again, there's obviously the issue of investing in other costs, and thinking of other things, like...transporting the bus out of the auction site...learning/knowing how to operate & maintain the bus, where to park/store it, and whatever else there is to all that. Like...it's so tantalizing, looking at these buses up for auction, but then I have to actually be realistic for a second about buying an entire (operational?) bus for private use.

Based on my past observations, they start to get crazy with a tug of war the 4th or 3rd day into the bid. Theres actually a fan out there who owns one of them now, its the only surviving Neoplan that hasnt been scrapped or sent to DASHBus.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Craziest sighting ever! At, 4:18 PM on Popham Road just east of downtown Scarsdale, #820 was on a W66 heading towards New Rochelle, closely following #704 on W63C to White Plains. I was on #223 on a Dobbs Ferry-bound W66 when spotted them. Really wish I could’ve gotten a photo/video.

Judging by the W66 timetable, #820 was either an extra trip put-in...or just 20 minutes late.

Edited by Axis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...