The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, TyBusLover1 said:

The NABI HEVs are most likely next.

I honestly don’t want it to be another newflyer exelcior that replaces this fleet or else I’ll leave westchester. A 100% new flyer xcelcior fleet would make bee line feel less interesting in my opinion 

Edited by 40 to 241st

1 hour ago, 40 to 241st said:

I honestly don’t want it to be another newflyer exelcior that replaces this fleet or else I’ll leave westchester. A 100% new flyer xcelcior fleet would make bee line feel less interesting in my opinion 

I 100% agree.

127 from PTLA Enterprise was not retired. 122 was the one that was retired.

126 at Valhalla garage has been retired.

Currently, the following Orions are active (29 in total):

Valhalla: 124-125, 801-816 (18)

475 Garage: 817-819, 821-824, 827 (8)

PTLA: 122-123, 127 (3)

806 from Valhalla garage, & 819, 821, and 827 from 475 garage have been retired. 

Currently, there are 15 Orion Suburbans at Valhalla (801-805, 807-816), and five at 475 garage (817-818, 822-824)

Edited by RSMG106

9 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

806 from Valhalla garage, & 819, 821, and 827 from 475 garage have been retired. 

Currently, there are 15 Orion Suburbans at Valhalla (801-805, 807-816), and five at 475 garage (817-818, 822-824)

Really?! They are only just starting to get XDEs.

On 2/7/2024 at 1:22 PM, RSMG106 said:

The fact that they want to use normal seated buses to replace the Orion V suburbans is pure crazy. 

2 hours ago, 40 to 241st said:

The fact that they want to use normal seated buses to replace the Orion V suburbans is pure crazy. 

Is it, though? Honestly, how many routes would even use them, and to what degree? The 3 sees respectable ridership between White Plains and 242nd Street, yet it tends to use the same buses as most routes despite its long express segment. Routes 1X, 43, and 62 are express variants of routes 1C, 40, and 60, so they'd be better off using the same buses as their local counterparts. How long routes 17, 28 (BxM4C), and 77 will last is a huge question mark, and the same can be said for route 10. Regular coach buses are far more likely to run into clearance issues, which means they can really only run on a single route (28), while buses with a single doorway and/or a high floor increase dwell times at bus stops.

On 2/8/2024 at 7:38 PM, Lex said:

Is it, though? Honestly, how many routes would even use them, and to what degree? The 3 sees respectable ridership between White Plains and 242nd Street, yet it tends to use the same buses as most routes despite its long express segment. Routes 1X, 43, and 62 are express variants of routes 1C, 40, and 60, so they'd be better off using the same buses as their local counterparts. How long routes 17, 28 (BxM4C), and 77 will last is a huge question mark, and the same can be said for route 10. Regular coach buses are far more likely to run into clearance issues, which means they can really only run on a single route (28), while buses with a single doorway and/or a high floor increase dwell times at bus stops.

Exactly... The routes that those express variants are interlined with, are all local.... It would be like interlining an outbound x28 with the B36 (or an inbound x28 with the M57) :lol::lol:

Quite frankly, the prototypical riders of quote-unquote suburban style buses aren't all that fond of being dumped off at a train station to continue their commute... AFAIC, they should only be ran on the BL-77 & the BxMC4.... Bee Line's categorization of routes (expresses, limiteds, commuters) is something that has always mildly irked me (for instance, the BL-3 & the BL-17 have the same route structure, yet one is an express & the other is a limited - go figure), but that's another topic....

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Exactly... The routes that those express variants are interlined with, are all local.... It would be like interlining an outbound x28 with the B36 (or an inbound x28 with the M57) :lol::lol:

Quite frankly, the prototypical riders of quote-unquote suburban style buses aren't all that fond of being dumped off at a train station to continue their commute... AFAIC, they should only be ran on the BL-77 & the BxMC4.... Bee Line's categorization of routes (expresses, limiteds, commuters) is something that has always mildly irked me (for instance, the BL-3 & the BL-17 have the same route structure, yet one is an express & the other is a limited - go figure), but that's another topic....

As far as I know both of them are express?

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

I thought they considered the BL-17 a LTD? If they have it as an express, then good. That's how it should be IMO.

Yeah it’s an express, it’s even labeled as such on the signage.

There are discrepancies however between how the county prints the timetables and how they’re actually supposed to be operated.

IIRC, that 26th St stop was discontinued by (MTA) like five years ago and the county still has it listed as a stop.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Yeah it’s an express, it’s even labeled as such on the signage.

There are discrepancies however between how the county prints the timetables and how they’re actually supposed to be operated.

IIRC, that 26th St stop was discontinued by (MTA) like five years ago and the county still has it listed as a stop.

I wouldn't know it.... I haven't taken the BxMC4 since they cut weekend service & increased the fare.... It's one of the few routes in all of the NYC metropolitan area that I actually want gone.