The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

124: Valhalla garage to PTLA Enterprise. It entered on the 16 last night.

There are no more Orion V shorts at Valhalla. PTLA is the only operator to continue using Orion V shorts. 

Rip Valhalla shorty orions 2005-2024

Posted (edited)

If anyone is wondering why the newer XDE40s didn't ran on the BxM4C recently, is because of complaints from passengers. Because the buses uses hard seats, Bee-Line decided to keep the Orion Suburbans until the redesign goes into effect.

Edited by RSMG106

2 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

If anyone is wondering why the newer XDE40s didn't ran on the BxM4C recently, is because of complaints from passengers. Because the buses uses hard seats, Bee-Line decided to keep the Orion Suburbans until the redesign goes into effect.

So the route's getting the X51 treatment, then?

8 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

I am not sure why anyone thought that wouldn't happen. If you are paying railroad prices for a bus, you expect similar seats to the railroad. They don't care how new the bus is if their butt hurts when they get off.

On 3/23/2024 at 7:39 AM, JAzumah said:

I am not sure why anyone thought that wouldn't happen. If you are paying railroad prices for a bus, you expect similar seats to the railroad. They don't care how new the bus is if their butt hurts when they get off.

They could've bought some retiring MTA Bus MCI's on the cheap? 

1 hour ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Why put the time and money to train them on nearly 20 year old buses that won't last a year.

And on buses that can't really be used elsewhere, to boot...

On 3/22/2024 at 10:49 PM, RSMG106 said:

They couldn't retire them to begin with.

Also, those could be going before the redesign is even implemented depending on what company wins the operations contract for Bee-Line. If Liberty Lines gets the boot(since they actually own the BxM4C route), it's a pretty fair assumption that those Orions will be going away very quickly if that's the case, since the BxM4C would no longer exist.

47 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

They couldn't retire them to begin with.

Also, those could be going before the redesign is even implemented depending on what company wins the operations contract for Bee-Line. If Liberty Lines gets the boot(since they actually own the BxM4C route), it's a pretty fair assumption that those Orions will be going away very quickly if that's the case, since the BxM4C would no longer exist.

Actually, they were fully planning on using those new 500's on the 4C's because they thought the riding public wouldn't care. That was quickly changed the two times a 500 ran on the 4C and the county got over 100 complaints. 

I also wouldn't count on the 4C going away just yet, the last three times they tried to get rid of it, the public fought to keep it. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Actually, they were fully planning on using those new 500's on the 4C's because they thought the riding public wouldn't care. That was quickly changed the two times a 500 ran on the 4C and the county got over 100 complaints. 

I also wouldn't count on the 4C going away just yet, the last three times they tried to get rid of it, the public fought to keep it. 

Hence why I said "they couldn't retire them to begin with". The only ones they retired are the ones with blown motors and other maintenance issues not worth to fix.

And in this situation with the 4C, they don't really have much of a choice. Liberty Lines legally owns the BxM4C, not the county. The only way it would survive is if the county actually pays Liberty Lines for the route, which they likely won't do. Even the county looks at the BxM4C as a financial waste.

Edited by Cait Sith

11 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I have a gut feeling this time is the charm

Posted (edited)

514: 475 Garage to Valhalla garage.

515 was delivered to Valhalla garage, and entered service on the BxM4C earlier this morning.

801 at Valhalla has been retired.

Edited by RSMG106

56 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

515 was delivered to Valhalla garage, and entered service on the BxM4C earlier this morning.

How did it do the Bxm4c wasn’t people complaining earlier about normal seated buses on the route. 

33 minutes ago, 40 to 241st said:

How did it do the Bxm4c wasn’t people complaining earlier about normal seated buses on the route. 

I guess it was used either as an extra unit, or replaced unit 813's next trip for the 4C.

3 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

515 has been at LL for the past two weeks, where have you been?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I was watching videos of old pictures of Yonkers and found that there used to be a train 🚊 that ran above Yonkers av. I did some research to find out that there was this train that connected other parts of Yonkers and the county to various places  like Boston, Albany and ended at 155st. 
https://myyonkers.wordpress.com/2011/06/17/bryn-mawr-park-station-old-put-line/

This had me wondering what would happen if we had a light rail 🚈 through were some of those  tracks used to be. It doesn’t even need to be that rail line used to be.  

Any idea of how light rail 🚈 can work in westchester