The Official Bee-Line Thread

Lawrence St

5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Don't bother, it'll be an endless pointless argument with him.

So I can’t compliment some one post and ask what something means because I don’t understand what he’s saying. If you read what I responded you’d realize I didn’t want any sort of bull shit whatsoever complimented what he said and ask what he means. I had those long and piont less arguments when I was newer to the transit forums

Edited by 40 to 241st

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 40 to 241st said:

Ok I searched it up and found that it means something we’re you park to get a ride on something like a bus or train. So you were trying to say that you don’t like the idea of people parking along or near central avenue to get a ride on the bxm4c 

Close, but nah....

There's a distinct difference between park & riding (what you're describing) and "kiss & riding".... Kiss & riding, in this case, is where someone (usually a relative, friend, or acquaintance) drops you off to a bus stop, and then drives off afterwards... There's no parking at/around said bus stop involved.

So I say that to say, my point isn't about "not liking".... It's about Central Park av's layout not being all that conducive to have people being dropped off along it, to catch a bus, in any large enough scale... It makes for a poor stretch to have commuters engaging in that phenomenon.... It's far too cumbersome for most patrons proximate enough to Central Park av. to actually consider walking to the BxMC4... Suburban express routes tend to not do well if the stops aren't really proximate to their places of residence... Either that, or some sort of "official" park & ride type setup; which Westchester county in general sorely lacks....

17 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Close, but nah....

There's a distinct difference between park & riding (what you're describing) and "kiss & riding".... Kiss & riding, in this case, is where someone (usually a relative, friend, or acquaintance) drops you off to a bus stop, and then drives off afterwards... There's no parking at/around said bus stop involved.

So I say that to say, my point isn't about "not liking".... It's about Central Park av's layout not being all that conducive to have people being dropped off along it, to catch a bus, in any large enough scale... It makes for a poor stretch to have commuters engaging in that phenomenon.... It's far too cumbersome for most patrons proximate enough to Central Park av. to actually consider walking to the BxMC4... Suburban express routes tend to not do well if the stops aren't really proximate to their places of residence... Either that, or some sort of "official" park & ride type setup; which Westchester county in general sorely lacks....

Me being one of them. Sure, it's a quick ride on the 4 bus but that takes the convivence out of it, not to mention it makes the exact same major stops at the railroad at 42nd (where most people are getting off at). 

I would have appreciated if it didn't closely follow the Harlem line for most of its run, like operate via the BxM2 routing to Penn Station.

17 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

124-125: Valhalla garage to PTLA Enterprise.

There are no more Orion shorts at Valhalla. This leaves PTLA the last operator for Bee-Line to have the Orion shorts in service.

I don't know where you are getting this information from, but 124 is still in service out of Valhalla.

27 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

I don't know where you are getting this information from, but 124 is still in service out of Valhalla.

124 is scheduled to go to PTLA in the near future. The person who’s reporting it in a discord server is credible but needs to be more informative with when moves happen.

5 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

how long do the Orion Vs have? Gonna try and catch them next week or something. 

I would give it until the end of April. PTLA was suppose to get new XDE35's last month (some of the XDE35's had their DOT number) and then it was switched last minute. Maybe their garage is getting upgrades, idk.

10 hours ago, 40MntVrn said:

Any murmurs around the next Bee-Line operator? If memory serves, the deadline for the next operator or at least the final round is due in a few days.

Deadline was a few weeks ago. We'll find out in Late March/Early April.

13 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

...or sell itself to someone else?

I would assume Westchester County will be cutting Liberty Lines a nice check as a result of this redesign and everything will be competitively bid with the redesigned routes. The Bernacchia family doesn't necessarily only do buses, they own restaurants too. 

https://riverjournalonline.com/around-town/dining-out-around-town/half-moon-restaurant-to-set-sail/839/

Edited by Robert Spire

I also don't know if this was an error on their part, but between the 2022 and 2023 re-design they cut back the 19 from Katonah to Chappaqua, which itself is insane because the 19 actually carries along that portion.

At that point, they should have just left the 6 designation for that portion of the 19.

14 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

The part that forms the loop is the "downtown" sector of Yorktown Heights.

Ah I see, thanks.

I recently got back from D.C on a flight to Westchester County Airport. The flight got in roughly ~15 minutes before the W12 bus comes to White Plains. The whole process went smooth, and among the almost fully booked flight, mostly everyone was heading to White Plains, yet only me and 4 other people actually got on the bus. The bus stop area isn't well designated, and I asked around while waiting for the bus and half the people didn't know there even was a bus to White Plains.

Which makes me think, could the reason the Airlink and the W12 itself failed is because no one knows it even exists?