Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

Hey everyone. So I had a rather interesting day. Everything was smooth sailing up until I walked up to window #3 after seeing the doctor and handing in my packet. As I waited for my packet to be reviewed and someone to call me up to then be finger printed I was told my packet was under review and that someone would be reaching out to me via phone call or email. Now I’m a bit bummed but I know I’ll be fine because I have no criminal history, a clean drivers license and abstract and really nothing to be concerned about. I’m thinking maybe because I listed so many jobs in a short term period it’s due to that ( I work construction ) so it’s not uncommon. Anyways I’ll keep you guys posted.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, N3Gro said:

Hey everyone. So I had a rather interesting day. Everything was smooth sailing up until I walked up to window #3 after seeing the doctor and handing in my packet. As I waited for my packet to be reviewed and someone to call me up to then be finger printed I was told my packet was under review and that someone would be reaching out to me via phone call or email. Now I’m a bit bummed but I know I’ll be fine because I have no criminal history, a clean drivers license and abstract and really nothing to be concerned about. I’m thinking maybe because I listed so many jobs in a short term period it’s due to that ( I work construction ) so it’s not uncommon. Anyways I’ll keep you guys posted.

@N3Gro hoping all goes well, I, too share those sentiments.

3 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

@N3Gro hoping all goes well, I, too share those sentiments.

Life is crazy because I was hoping to push back my training to the 24th of April. So for now I’ll remain positive. No way I don’t get the job after all I’ve been through.

16 hours ago, N3Gro said:

Packet being reviewed about what? They didn’t give you any other information? Did you have any pending tickets? Criminal convictions? Any information they asked for that you did not put in?

20 minutes ago, Kenstyles said:

Packet being reviewed about what? They didn’t give you any other information? Did you have any pending tickets? Criminal convictions? Any information they asked for that you did not put in?

No other information and no like I stated before I’ve never been arrested and the last summons I received was in 2013 and that was dismissed. I did find information online. I’ll post it now.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, thui001 said:

just one question, prior to the exam date June 8, do i need to have a learner permit for a class B CDL? will this be too late? 

DONOT TAKE CDL PERMIT NOW... ONLY AFTER THEY START TO CALLING LIST

NYC Transit and its associated subsidiaries (collectively, NYC Transit) have tens of thousands of employees, many of whom interact with the public directly or work in safety- sensitive positions. To ensure that new employees are qualified and suitable for such positions, NYCT requires candidates to consent to a verification process that includes a criminal background check.
Two groups conduct background checks for distinct sets of NYC Transit employees:
• The New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) is responsible for examining the criminal records of individuals in certain civil service titles, ranging from Bus and Train Operators and Station Agents to Administrative Engineers. Based solely on its review of these criminal records, DCAS decides to conduct a broader review of the claimed education and experience for only a relatively small number of these employees.
• NYCT’s Background Investigations Unit (BIU) is responsible for examining hires in the remaining positions. BIU checks all non-civil service employees. Additionally, apart from criminal records checked by DCAS, BIU is by default responsible for vetting most civil service hires’ backgrounds—except those for whom DCAS decides to do a broader review. In other words, BIU is supposed to verify the reported education and work experience for most new employees.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, Jebbu said:

DONOT TAKE CDL PERMIT NOW... ONLY AFTER THEY START TO CALLING LIST

I think he or she should take the permit from early. I had applied for all the bus operator exams when i never had a driver's license and as soon as i got back my results from each one that i passed, i started to study for the general class b passenger and air brakes. its a lot of info to remember especially if you have never driven a bus before. i took it 10X before i passed  the 11th time a day before i was to go down for processing two years ago. each time you fail at least you know what to expect on the exam. plus now you have to schedule an app for the exam each time at the dmv and not all dmv do the cdl exams consecutively. plus the dmv dates are all booked and busy now.

53 minutes ago, MikeLoud said:

Quick question want to know can you wear ACG boots with your uniform to training?

Yeah, they won’t stress you too much about the boots. I even see people just wearing black TimbsYeah, they won’t stress you too much about the boots. I even see people just wearing black Timbs

6 minutes ago, Kenstyles said:

Yeah, they won’t stress you too much about the boots. I even see people just wearing black TimbsYeah, they won’t stress you too much about the boots. I even see people just wearing black Timbs

YES RIGHT... THATS NOT A PROBLEM, SNIKERS DONT ALLOW FROM DAY 1 

Hello good morning. I got called in for processing at 180 Livingston street on Monday the 4th. I was wondering how long until I get a call back for the 2nd day. My list number is 14** exam #9618. A person that works there that had us follow her to the drug screening room said 3 to 90 days until they call us back. Not sure if this is actually accurate or not. Thanks 😎

12 minutes ago, Mateo said:

Hello good morning. I got called in for processing at 180 Livingston street on Monday the 4th. I was wondering how long until I get a call back for the 2nd day. My list number is 14** exam #9618. A person that works there that had us follow her to the drug screening room said 3 to 90 days until they call us back. Not sure if this is actually accurate or not. Thanks 😎

The 3 to 90 days is just the min-max times. They get the results back from a drug test within 3 days. Figure best case scenario - 2,3 weeks?