Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Wazaki99 said:

I really think CDLs have first priority, once they finish their processing, then we will hear back. Today is the 2nd week, maybe we will hear back today hopefully. When I called them they told me to keep checking my emails. 

not completely true, alot of people who went last monday did not have cdls or permit. Youll get your date, similar to the spa its in sections im guessing. 

8 minutes ago, Wazaki99 said:

Did you see some of the people who took spa with you? I remember when I walked in the room for spa, it was packed but I think I was with the 8pm crew. 

I meant to say 8am. I'm wondering how many people are called at once and if they are being called by the order of spa exam or last name. 

My preemployment appointment was today everything took under one hour, It was a simple drug test I saw about six people for the same TEH title. I remember some of the people from my actual test day and some from SPA session.

Judging by driver licenses they had no CDL.

I’m actually thinking that MTA is staggering people due to COVID

23 hours ago, Elk N said:

Should have been sent to MOW email :/, call the number on the canvass letter ASAP

I called the number on the canvass letter, and they said it fine that I sent it to the nyc transit email. They just told me wait a week and call back if I didnt receive any update, so i guess I just have to wait it out.   

On 10/5/2020 at 11:50 AM, Cp21 said:

Drug test.

I have been trying to reach MTA employment office all day today, been on hold for 2 and half hours now... I still haven't receive an email to be called in yet. Have anyone tried calling in and do they set up the appointment for you right away? 

Edited by theleapfrog

2 hours ago, theleapfrog said:

I have been trying to reach MTA employment office all day today, been on hold for 2 and half hours now... I still haven't receive an email to be called in yet. Have anyone tried calling in and do they set up the appointment for you right away? 

Did you receive the canvass e-mail?

15 minutes ago, theleapfrog said:

yes got it on 9/17 

You should be good then if you sent it back. They are backed up cause of covid for sure. But you will get a call or an e-mail soon. You can call but they will always run you around. Also they E-mailed me monday to go tuesday next day literally a 23 hour notice from the time I got the email. So Just trust you will get called soon.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:44 AM, Kad96 said:

In order to be elegible for this position do we need both education and experience or we can have one. For example I have my degree in eet but no working experience so would I be qualified for the position. Notice of exam  says education or experience and some say you need both so confused here.  

Do you have any answer to your question? or does any else know?? Thanks..

4 minutes ago, sweetorange said:

Do you have any answer to your question? or does any else know?? Thanks..

For the position of TEH, you need only 1 of three things, EET Associates OR Electrical certificate from approved trade school, OR the state years in experience. In short if you have an EET degree (like myself) or Certificate your good. Idk how the candidates with only experience will go about their process.

4 hours ago, Elk N said:

For the position of TEH, you need only 1 of three things, EET Associates OR Electrical certificate from approved trade school, OR the state years in experience. In short if you have an EET degree (like myself) or Certificate your good. Idk how the candidates with only experience will go about their process.

Thanks for the inform...

I have a bachelor's degree majored in physics (no working experience do you think that will count??? My school was a liberal art college with no engineering program..

1 minute ago, Alex138 said:

For those who went for the drug test in the past week or two, have you heard anything back yet on what’s next ? Today I went in for it just curious to know how long I should expect to wait. 

Nothing yet, hopefully by end of october. I know when i spoke to someone about the canvass letter over at livingston, they said they wanted to get us into a lab in october. 

1 minute ago, Elk N said:

Nothing yet, hopefully by end of october. I know when i spoke to someone about the canvass letter over at livingston, they said they wanted to get us into a lab in october. 

Thanks, and The lab?? What else are they testing for? I thought the drug test was the last thing you had to pass 

Just now, Alex138 said:

Thanks, and The lab?? What else are they testing for? I thought the drug test was the last thing you had to pass 

After drug test is a physical and and ID i think, the lab meaning class We get taught in a class i guess to prepare us for certain things on the job.

7 minutes ago, Elk N said:

After drug test is a physical and and ID i think, the lab meaning class We get taught in a class i guess to prepare us for certain things on the job.

In that case we should be getting news at the end of this week or the next because it’s already mid way through October and if they trying to have us in classes by the end of the month they have to finish processing all of us first 

Just now, Alex138 said:

In that case we should be getting news at the end of this week or the next because it’s already mid way through October and if they trying to have us in classes by the end of the month they have to finish processing all of us first 

True i really hope so. But it is the MTA and covid so lets sit back, communicate and have patience. Ill alert you guys asap if i receive anything!