Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Union Tpke

Reduction in bus painting

Recommended Posts

I dunno how this will work out in the long run, with a bunch of base coat being covered by wrap. Hopefully the factory paintjob will be better than what Gillig does. Some ad applications have completely buggered the paint when they've been removed, including down to the bare metal.

Not completely unexpected, given that they've already wanted to move overhauls to 6-year versus 4. Time will tell if this will go as planned, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao these cheap bastards. As if buses didn't look terrible enough already. Somebody should see the trash buses SI sent to MV for an assessment of buses without a repaint in years. And of course with the ridiculous Cuomo scheme that requires multiple different colors and a full wrap per bus. I give up. 

  • LMAO! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Lmao these cheap bastards. As if buses didn't look terrible enough already. Somebody should see the trash buses SI sent to MV for an assessment of buses without a repaint in years. And of course with the ridiculous Cuomo scheme that requires multiple different colors and a full wrap per bus. I give up. 

I was just thinking the same thing. A lot of those NG’s are dirty. I seen some of them buses with black exhaust residue caked on the top on rear of the bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would it be a smart idea to Basically paint the current Cuomo buses (2016~2019) to Black and the Blue Stripe. I feel that white makes buses look older and dirtier (white is super easy to dirty). The new scheme buses could be painted Black and Blue so that #1 its still recognized as a newer bus. #2 Black paint can hide alot of the NY dirtyness. #3 its a simple paint scheme that only needs two colors. The only purpose that I see for the Cuomo scheme is to make the bus stand out as a new bus. But I think the MTA can make it work with a simpler paint scheme. At the end of the day, I love how the Cuomo Buses look, but I don't want to the MTA to blow millions on something as simple a uniform paintjob. And it dosen't have to be Black and Blue, but something that will make it stand out as a new bus.

Edited by Q23 via 108

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black paint is a great way to make a bus very, very hot. Black bulkheads heat up enough that we saw the introduction of whitebacks with the old scheme. Now, blue-and-blue like the 1970s...that I could get behind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

Would it be a smart idea to Basically paint the current Cuomo buses (2016~2019) to Black and the Blue Stripe. I feel that white makes buses look older and dirtier (white is super easy to dirty). The new scheme buses could be painted Black and Blue so that #1 its still recognized as a newer bus. #2 Black paint can hide alot of the NY dirtyness. #3 its a simple paint scheme that only needs two colors. The only purpose that I see for the Cuomo scheme is to make the bus stand out as a new bus. But I think the MTA can make it work with a simpler paint scheme. At the end of the day, I love how the Cuomo Buses look, but I don't want to the MTA to blow millions on something as simple a uniform paintjob. And it dosen't have to be Black and Blue, but something that will make it stand out as a new bus.

That would only happen if (MTA) gave zero f**ks, and wanted to find a way to easily Incinerate their fleet with minimal effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea lets just stop painting buses period ,and not fix panels ,lets go back to the 70's,great idea ,raise the fare and keep money in the bosses pockets,what a joke see the handwriting on the wall.Take jobs away from people that work hard,great solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 10:48 AM, Uncle Floyd Fan said:

Does this mean they'll get rid of the excelsior paint scheme? That kind of seems more work intensive than a blue stripe on the side of the bus.

One would only need to paint blue and yellow...and turquoise. Everything else is shrink wrap or decals.

Speaking of new buses though---8583 is missing a large panel on the door side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

One would only need to paint blue and yellow...and turquoise. Everything else is shrink wrap or decals.

Speaking of new buses though---8583 is missing a large panel on the door side.

Already Staten Island?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.