LIRR Conductor Flips Off Person Filming New M9 Train

Via Garibaldi 8

8 hours ago, Late Clear said:

If this was a random passenger flipping you off you would of most likely edited that part out, even if you won't admit it.  

As I stated before, nothing good came out of this, so why bother?

You keep exclaiming that he should have not included the conductor flipping him off, but offer ZERO justification for why he should have to edit that segment out, when asked. Repeating yourself does not make your point more valid. 

You act as if employers only look at interviews to make decisions on whether or not to hire/maintain an applicant. In this day and age where everything can be easily recorded, anything you and someone posts about you is fair game, whether they are commentary, photos, videos, etc. You have to be an absolute fool to think you can get away what just about anything that cannot be seen by your employer, because it will be observed in some way, shape, or form. People need to have a little something called personal responsibility. 

You need to take a trip to the present day, this isn't the 1950s anymore. And as you leave the train, please watch the gap between the train and the platform.

The continuing of the doubling down & remaining stuck on stupid on issues like this, is par for the course with these types.....

Nothing good came out of this, so why bother..... If this was a random passenger, he would have edited it.... Let me guess, he shouldn't be filming trains at all huh?
Anything to further distract the focus from where it needs to be, with his passive aggressive ass....

Come out & say it already.... You don't approve of the (perceived) witch hunt against MTA employees.... I bet anything that this is this dude's narrative.

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

The continuing of the doubling down & remaining stuck on stupid on issues like this, is par for the course with these types.....

Nothing good came out of this, so why bother..... If this was a random passenger, he would have edited it.... Let me guess, he shouldn't be filming trains at all huh?
Anything to further distract the focus from where it needs to be, with his passive aggressive ass....

Come out & say it already.... You don't approve of the (perceived) witch hunt against MTA employees.... I bet anything that this is this dude's narrative.

It's not a secret, it's not a issue with MTA employees or cops but civil servants in general.  

If a Target employee flips you off on their way home are you going to get all bent of shape because your feelings are hurt?

The conductor didn't physically assault you, he didn't remove you from the train, at the end of the day nothing happened.  

@Fan Railer You knew exactly what your intentions were when you posted it.  You even mentioned it yourself along with their advertising campaign and labor relations.  

On 10/4/2019 at 8:30 AM, Fan Railer said:

If you were a cash strapped agency that just spent $500K on an advertising campaign for the new railcars only to have some dingus ruin it by being unprofessional in public, you'd probably terminate his employment asap if you had the chance. The union would be shooting themselves in the foot if they choose to fight for him

1 hour ago, Late Clear said:

It's not a secret, it's not a issue with MTA employees or cops but civil servants in general.  

If a Target employee flips you off on their way home are you going to get all bent of shape because your feelings are hurt?

The conductor didn't physically assault you, he didn't remove you from the train, at the end of the day nothing happened.

No, it's not a secret until someone else had to overtly convey it....

Yes, of course - Nothing happened, nothing happened, nothing happened... Except something did "happen" - You simply refuse to put the onus where it lies - and all the silly, irrelevant "what if's" you want to come up with, doesn't nullify that conductor's bad behavior.....

If you're an employee of some entity, you don't only represent yourself..... Of course, that's too difficult a concept to grasp, quite frankly....

1 hour ago, Late Clear said:

@Fan Railer You knew exactly what your intentions were when you posted it.  You even mentioned it yourself along with their advertising campaign and labor relations.  

In the real world if a Target employee flipped me off on Target property he/she would be terminated ASAP. If your screen name,  which is a common RTO term, means that you are a Transit employee and displayed the same idiotic behavior as this jerk I'd expect charges to be brought against you up to and including termination. I wasn't present at the scene but no matter what transpired before the video the conductor was dead wrong and there is no justification for his actions. I've been called all types of Maryland Farmer, the word,  and many other racist,  sexist,  vile words in my career but I was smart enough to avoid making the mistake this person did. Just my opinion.  Carry on. 

4 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

In the real world if a Target employee flipped me off on Target property he/she would be terminated ASAP. If your screen name,  which is a common RTO term, means that you are a Transit employee and displayed the same idiotic behavior as this jerk I'd expect charges to be brought against you up to and including termination. I wasn't present at the scene but no matter what transpired before the video the conductor was dead wrong and there is no justification for his actions. I've been called all types of Maryland Farmer, the word,  and many other racist,  sexist,  vile words in my career but I was smart enough to avoid making the mistake this person did. Just my opinion.  Carry on. 

Yeah, he's defending the brotherhood at all costs.... That much is a given.

22 minutes ago, Late Clear said:

Why does everything on the internet have to be justified.

What, you mean, like @Fan Railer's posting of his video, Mr. "You shouldn't of posted it"....

22 minutes ago, Late Clear said:

Seems to be a common "rebel without a cause" syndrome throughout this thread.  

Although that fits right into your erroneous narrative, it's simply not true.....

You're getting the responses you're receiving in this thread, because you are stopping at nothing to defend this conductor's immaturity & irresponsibility.

Edited by B35 via Church

2 hours ago, Late Clear said:

Why does everything on the internet have to be justified.  

Seems to be a common "rebel without a cause" syndrome throughout this thread.  

Not everything has to be justified--but this certainly is.

But hey, let's double down on this narrative: No good came from him posting this. Similarly, no good came of this paid employe, in uniform, on MTA property flipping off a railfanner. Coolio.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, 40MntVrn said:

Not everything has to be justified--but this certainly is.

But hey, let's double down on this narrative: No good came from him posting this. Similarly, no good came of this paid employe, in uniform, on MTA property flipping off a railfanner. Coolio.

I don't understand the narrative of no good came of this. This guy was caught red-handed. It's good that this behavior was exposed, because I'm pretty sure this is not the first time this was done. He didn't just get out the bed and say, I'm going to be a rude person today, he just got caught. Employees with attitudes like that is bad for business. If I'm an employer, I want to know. Plenty of people have perfected phoniness; they know how to act when the boss is around. Real character is when you act right when no one's looking. Who's to say that this incident didn't stop something more serious from happening down the road. Also, maybe another employee that hasn't been caught has learned from that man's mistake, saying, hey, I better get my act together, or that could be me.