Minibus on fixed-route service

User

NICE is running minibuses intermittently on the n57 and the n80. I've seen them frequently switch off between these and 40 ft buses including on the same day in the same morning/afternoon.

I monitored the n57 one afternoon. The first run at ~2:40pm was done by a 40 ft then that driver switched to the n25. The next run never showed up and never got filled, then this thing pulled in from south of Great Neck and started doing the n57 at ~3:50pm:

K7nZLzl.jpg

The destination sign, before it was switched to the n57, was for the Mercy Medical Shuttle. If it was previously doing that route and was supposed to cover the missing run, then the interlining for these is poorly planned. Also, I've seen occurrences where there has been a decent amount of people on an n57 run, possibly more than this vehicle would fit comfortably.

How much money do you think NICE is actually saving by doing this? 

I think NICE should do this for the n36, n45, n50, and n51. 

They must've changed the code on the buses. It saves a lot on milegae or 40 ft buses and gives 30ft buses something to do.

SCT put the S20 on a Minibus.

22 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

What’s especially concerning here tho is that there appear to be paper signs on there for the n22 and n24....

hope it’s never come to that ...

The n22 and n24 are doing fine as they are. It's mostly newly released inmates from Nassau Correctional Facility that's giving NICE a headache. Most of the prisoners were released during new years and given a free bus ride to leave the area, to my shock most of them returned to the old haunts and caused havoc to local business in the Long Beach area.

This is all part of some new law the governor put in place for bail.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:28 PM, NY1635 said:

The n22 and n24 are doing fine as they are. It's mostly newly released inmates from Nassau Correctional Facility that's giving NICE a headache. Most of the prisoners were released during new years and given a free bus ride to leave the area, to my shock most of them returned to the old haunts and caused havoc to local business in the Long Beach area.

This is all part of some new law the governor put in place for bail.

Funny I live in Long Beach and there was no crazies running around causing mayhem.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:29 PM, Tom Meadow said:

Funny I live in Long Beach and there was no crazies running around causing mayhem.

What is your opinion on the current service level that NICE provides for the N15 and N33?

On 1/11/2020 at 11:04 PM, User said:

What is your opinion on the current service level that NICE provides for the N15 and N33?

The n33 needs more service hours. IIRC, it's terminal in Far Rockaway was moved away from the one near the (A) station to the stand at Mott and Beach 21st with the n31/32 and Q22, creating a longer conga line.

the n33 gets in and out of Far Rockaway pretty quick, usually right before the n31/32. 

IIRC, the n33's ridership comes from Long Beach LIRR, Seagirt Blvd, and Mott Avenue.

Edited by NY1635

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...