Overnight service?

cmwals01

According to one of my friends, it's not strictly enforced in terms of the precise division of MTA you work at. (Basically you stand in the middle of the platform where the conductor usually points at the board, and the T/O will stop the train halfway into the station so the conductor can key you on). If you wear your orange safety vest I doubt they'll give you a hard time.

2 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

According to one of my friends, it's not strictly enforced in terms of the precise division of MTA you work at. (Basically you stand in the middle of the platform where the conductor usually points at the board, and the T/O will stop the train halfway into the station so the conductor can key you on). If you wear your orange safety vest I doubt they'll give you a hard time.

That sounds about right to me, all those MTA uniforms look alike from a distance anyway lol

Hubby was talking to someone in management that he knows and they said that I should give the wash and stand 'bout middle of the platform (where the CO points.)  We'll see I'd hate to do it and it not work.  Where'd I'd have to catch the bus back to BK is shady as hell by 34th st.

1 hour ago, cmwals01 said:

Hubby was talking to someone in management that he knows and they said that I should give the wash and stand 'bout middle of the platform (where the CO points.)  We'll see I'd hate to do it and it not work.  Where'd I'd have to catch the bus back to BK is shady as hell by 34th st.

You should prob flag the T/O down, the C/R rides in the first car usually to key you open so if you give the operator enough heads up, he could prob stop the train shorter so you don't have to run down the platform for it.  

16 hours ago, M5viaRiverside said:

Are trains stopping at stations overnight? Not sure how it's exactly playing out when they system is "closed".

Only for MTA employees they are stopping at the stations.. Just aren't picking up any passengers..

Edited by RTOMan

On 10/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, M5viaRiverside said:

Are trains stopping at stations overnight? Not sure how it's exactly playing out when they system is "closed".

Trains stop doors closed at stations anyways to "keep schedule" and not run hot, they take power in 2 seconds again and keep going. I've seen what I thought were hobos left on platform after 1am after the last revenue train of the night still getting a R-XXX uber ride in the 1st car to somewhere. Off the record OFC.