B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

1 hour ago, Frenchie said:

@DEE123 Alright, thanks a lot for the responses and valuable info! If you don't mind, I have a few further questions. Is the test timed? If so, is it a reasonable allotted amount of time or would I have to really make sure I'm pacing myself through the questions?

Yes I think it’s 2 hours and 30 minutes to answer 60 multiple choice questions. 
After the memory portion in the beginning, be very thorough and double check before you answer each question. At no point should you be unsure before answering the questions. The answer is right on the question. They just want to see how good you are in identifying the problems and solving it. I don’t know how anybody can score under 80 unless they just don’t care much. Take your time. The answer is going to be there. I took 2 bus operator exams and got 96 on both of them. It’s really pattern recognition and finding the riddles in a sense. I don’t know how to explain it. 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/1/2023 at 3:03 PM, John D said:
44 minutes ago, DEE123 said:

Where did the 2,314 extra candidates magically appear from? 

42 minutes ago, DEE123 said:

Error I mean 3318. Where did the 3,318 extra candidates magically appear from?

The extra 3,000 + candidates came from the old 2613 Examination, which was administered either in 2012 or 2013. If you check out the Civil Service List Terminated webpage, if you type "2613" into the search box and put the list numbers in descending order, you will see that both of these lists contain 3,621 names.

Sorry for the false alarm folks...

Edited by +Young+

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Twin said:

Hello all!  New to the forum, any words on exam 3601? 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, as of this typing, if you check out the Active Civil Service Webpage List, if you type "3601" into the search box, and put the exam numbers in ascending order, you will see that this particular list has not been published nor established. When this happens, I will try to update the blue announcement box at the top of this webpage as fast as I can.

Again, welcome to the Forums!!

Edited by +Young+
Clarification

23 hours ago, Twin said:

Hello all!  New to the forum, any words on exam 3601? 

Im in the list for 3601 and I applied to MTA bus company and mabstoa in June. I just graduated last week.  I’m not trying to discourage you or anything, but it’s gonna take quite a while for them to call you. 
Even if they establish the list for 3601 in the next few days, it’s gonna take a while to get contacted for your drug test and medical date. All of my classmates  that are in TA were exams 2612 and 2613 with very good list numbers under 100. And now that the classes aren’t mostly filled with TA operators anymore, they’re mixed with bus company and mabstoa students that took the June exam, therefore resulting in limited capacity of processing TA students in each class, It’s safe to assume that we’re not gonna get called in to start processing for TA until sometime next year. I’m praying that I’m wrong, and they wind up calling us in less than a month from now because I want to leave queens ASAP. 
In the mean time you should apply for the MABSTOA and the MTA bus company exam now. It’s free, and if you happen to get called by one of those agencies first, you get to start the whole process early. Your probation time Carries over to TA when they finally do call you, and you won’t need to do the initial day 1-7 training again. All you will need to do is go in for orientation day and fill out paperwork. 

On 10/30/2023 at 6:06 PM, +Young+ said:

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, as of this typing, if you check out the Active Civil Service Webpage List, if you type "3601" into the search box, and put the exam numbers in ascending order, you will see that this particular list has not been published nor established. When this happens, I will try to update the blue announcement box at the top of this webpage as fast as I can.

Again, welcome to the Forums!!

Thank you

On 11/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, Basemac7 said:

Hey guys,  does anyone know if they stopped hiring at the moment? I've been waiting since my 3rd drug test and nothing yet.

I have seen training buses with new students in the road last week, so they haven’t stopped hiring yet. 
I’m very curious, how do they contact you to do another drug test? Do they automatically send you an email every month? I have submitted a drug test for MABSTOA 3 months ago and they never contacted me to do a 2nd drug test. I emailed them twice addressing my concern, and trying to get another drug test date, but I was ignored. I think they just don’t want to hire me because I was called for MTA bus company already. 

On 11/12/2023 at 8:15 PM, Basemac7 said:

Usually through email. I went to 180 Livingston a few days ago only to be told they're not hiring for TA. Also I have to restore my name to the list and when called start the whole process over. I'm disappointed and frustrated.

Ok yeah thanks. Take the bus company and MABSTOA exam while you wait for TA just in case because I have a feeling when TA finally does call us, they’re gonna try to stuff us in Staten Island or a depot they can’t use MABSTOA operators. 

On 11/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, Basemac7 said:

Hey guys,  does anyone know if they stopped hiring at the moment? I've been waiting since my 3rd drug test and nothing yet.

My apologies if I am a little "late" in replying to your post, however, if you check out the Civil Service List Certification webpage, by simply typing "Bus Operator" into the search box, located on the top right hand side of the screen, as of today, the folks at DCAS certified 546 names to the Human Resources Dept. at NYC Transit for the title of "Bus Operator." Therefore, providing your name is on this certification, which you can verify yourself by typing your last name into the search box, located on the top right hand side of the screen, hopefully you will hear back from the agency before the end of the calendar year.

Good luck!!