B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/18/2023 at 7:48 PM, jpsi94 said:

The next class is scheduled for Dec 31st according to someone I know who got their Day 2 email. Has anyone else who took #2614 received their Day 2 email? I’m in the first 10 on the list still waiting since I went to Day 1 on Dec 1st. 

I spoke to someone in Livingston about this problem because I did two day 1 processing for separate mabstoa exams, and I never received an email back and 3 months passed and nothing. I was told to email  employmentcenter@nyct.com and type “URGENT” with your name, exam and list number on the subject. I didn’t get any response back but it may be different for you. Maybe someone on the thread would have a person or number to contact but you can try that for now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just giving an update I was on on exam #2614 and was in the first 10 on the list. I went for day 2 on Dec 27th and made the class for Dec 31st. Jan 3rd union day and for any transfers to Staten Island the following day you report to Castleton. Finally made it to Staten Island. I know a couple people from #3601 also made it in my group 

9 hours ago, jpsi94 said:

Just giving an update I was on on exam #2614 and was in the first 10 on the list. I went for day 2 on Dec 27th and made the class for Dec 31st. Jan 3rd union day and for any transfers to Staten Island the following day you report to Castleton. Finally made it to Staten Island. I know a couple people from #3601 also made it in my group 

First, Congrats!!

So you made the December 31st class and January 3rd, three days after you got hired, you had "union day," and the following day you reported to Castleton? Did you have to complete the 10-Day Bus Operator Training Session or no? From what myself and other went through, this sounds "awkward," however that's just me...

Again, Congrats!!

Thank you! And yes it could be different because they gave us Jan 1 off for the holiday so we couldn’t bank as an AVA, then gave us Tuesday Jan 2nd as a RDO followed by union day on the 3rd, and then Saturday our 2nd RDO. As long as you were already hired you don’t need to do the 10 day training in my case I was a cross over from OA to TA almost 2 years on the job. It was a mess but definitely worth it so far 

12 hours ago, jpsi94 said:

Thank you! And yes it could be different because they gave us Jan 1 off for the holiday so we couldn’t bank as an AVA, then gave us Tuesday Jan 2nd as a RDO followed by union day on the 3rd, and then Saturday our 2nd RDO. As long as you were already hired you don’t need to do the 10 day training in my case I was a cross over from OA to TA almost 2 years on the job. It was a mess but definitely worth it so far 

I’m going to SI tomorrow. We got the holiday off today, how many days do they give you to learn the lines?

Line training here lasts a little over a month and I’ve learned don’t always listen to Zerega they kinda try to scare you it seems like they kept saying there is a chance we could all get sent to queens or Staten Island but in the end everyone got where they wanted in regards to going to queens or Staten Island. Express I can’t say anything as I haven’t started express line training yet but the union will give you a route book for every line that has the turns and stops for every line. 

18 hours ago, jpsi94 said:

Thank you! ...As long as you were already hired you don’t need to do the 10 day training in my case I was a cross over from OA to TA almost 2 years on the job. It was a mess but definitely worth it so far 

Got it.

6 hours ago, jpsi94 said:

Line training here lasts a little over a month and I’ve learned don’t always listen to Zerega they kinda try to scare you it seems like they kept saying there is a chance we could all get sent to queens or Staten Island but in the end everyone got where they wanted in regards to going to queens or Staten Island. Express I can’t say anything as I haven’t started express line training yet but the union will give you a route book for every line that has the turns and stops for every line. 

Happy to know we get some line training ,that’s excellent. 

I would need to see those express routes a couple of times, because I only had one express bus line training when I was brand new while working in queens, so by the time I was alone doing an express route, I was following the signs for trucks only and winded up off route when I got to Manhattan because I was supposed to be on the side where it said cars only in the queens tunnel. I can’t imagine what the buses have to do when they’re coming from and going to NJ

The turn by turn sheets in my old depot didn’t help much because there were a bunch of errors and bad information on some of the routes I was doing. It would tell me to make a turn on a street, but the street I had to turn was halfway down the block from another street and I got lost at least 10 times trying to follow the route instructions. 

I took the paddle the night before and typed exactly what I was gonna do that day from the transit apps. 

Yeah i haven’t driven express into Jersey yet but the route book they gave us they said was updated one thing I do is to go on google maps and basically go through the route as much and find like landmarks or things to help remember when your turn is coming up and on what side. 

On 1/15/2024 at 8:14 PM, DEE123 said:

Happy to know we get some line training ,that’s excellent. 

I would need to see those express routes a couple of times, because I only had one express bus line training when I was brand new while working in queens, so by the time I was alone doing an express route, I was following the signs for trucks only and winded up off route when I got to Manhattan because I was supposed to be on the side where it said cars only in the queens tunnel. I can’t imagine what the buses have to do when they’re coming from and going to NJ

The turn by turn sheets in my old depot didn’t help much because there were a bunch of errors and bad information on some of the routes I was doing. It would tell me to make a turn on a street, but the street I had to turn was halfway down the block from another street and I got lost at least 10 times trying to follow the route instructions. 

I took the paddle the night before and typed exactly what I was gonna do that day from the transit apps. 

You can also find the official route instructions through the MTA intranet if you have set up your Insight/BSC account. 

• 4 weeks later...

Im a newbie from list 3601 . I only have my permit and I am a bit worried since, I’ll have to leave my provisional in order to move on to this position. Does anyone with experience knows if I’ll be subject of a contract of service ;meaning that I’ll have to be with the TA for xx amount of time given that they’ll provide me with the CDL training? I was told TA is lower Manhattan, Queens and SI ? Are the depots for Lower Manhattan in the lower Manhattan area ? 

On 2/20/2024 at 3:02 PM, Benancita24 said:

Im a newbie from list 3601 . I only have my permit and I am a bit worried since, I’ll have to leave my provisional in order to move on to this position. Does anyone with experience knows if I’ll be subject of a contract of service ;meaning that I’ll have to be with the TA for xx amount of time given that they’ll provide me with the CDL training? I was told TA is lower Manhattan, Queens and SI ? Are the depots for Lower Manhattan in the lower Manhattan area ? 

No contract concerning how long you have to stay with the agency, only a matter of getting through the probationary period. Being under TA will allow you to work in Brooklyn, Queens and SI. You can also choose to drive in the OA depots (Manhattan and Bronx). Choosing to work in Queens or SI is a permanent deal UNLESS you are forced to work in either of the two in order to cover certain needs. You are allowed one transfer out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...