B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

9 minutes ago, Basemac7 said:

If I get called to do the medical and soon, maybe I can make that class. If not hopefully the next one. Thanks for the info. 

Hopefully early next week you get the call for medical and final processing and make it into the class. 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DEE123 said:

How long ago did you give in the application and first drug test?

According to this post, the member went for his/her first drug test back on July 18th.

As a friendly reminder, for those folks in the August 27th and September 10th classes, have you considered looking at the invaluable handouts that I posted? Although some of these "handouts" are geared towards the older Orion buses and not the New Flyer buses which you folks will be using, these documents have helped other people pass the initial 10-Day Training Session.

Good luck!!

37 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

According to this post, the member went for his/her first drug test back on July 18th.

As a friendly reminder, for those folks in the August 27th and September 10th classes, have you considered looking at the invaluable handouts that I posted? Although some of these "handouts" are geared towards the older Orion buses and not the New Flyer buses which you folks will be using, these documents have helped other people pass the initial 10-Day Training Session.

Good luck!!

Thank you. I’m trying to gauge more or less how long it would take for a call after processing for the other divisions. 

I will check out that link since I hear it’s so easy to fail. 

Hey guys, my neck is under 17 inches, but my BMI is at 38. 
Do they automatically make you take the sleep apnea with anything over 35 BMI? or is there still a chance I would be able to pass the medical without them putting me on hold to get a sleep study done? 

22 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Hey guys, my neck is under 17 inches, but my BMI is at 38. 
Do they automatically make you take the sleep apnea with anything over 35 BMI? or is there still a chance I would be able to pass the medical without them putting me on hold to get a sleep study done? 

I think it’s BMI and neck size not either or. If your BMI is too high and your neck size is above 17 a sleep study is requested. Don’t sweat it. 

4 hours ago, jpsi94 said:

Anyone know if they have started calling for 2614 at all yet? And also anyone from the previous tests I heard they’re letting you go straight to Staten Island if you choose to once you go to Zerega. Is that true?

If you want Staten Island division, your chances of getting it is very high. Tons of people get pushed into Staten Island and want out. So newbies get pushed there so the others can pick out. 

On 8/31/2023 at 1:12 PM, jpsi94 said:

Anyone know if they have started calling for 2614 at all yet? And also anyone from the previous tests I heard they’re letting you go straight to Staten Island if you choose to once you go to Zerega. Is that true?

I just crossed over to TA....you can only pick out of Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx Division! You can request a transfer to be in Queens Division and Staten Island! Mostly likely, you will get it but you'll be stuck in Queens Division and Staten Island for the rest of your career!

2 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

I just crossed over to TA....you can only pick out of Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx Division! You can request a transfer to be in Queens Division and Staten Island! Mostly likely, you will get it but you'll be stuck in Queens Division and Staten Island for the rest of your career!

I see you were in bus company. How does it work transferring depots? I live far away from the JFK depot they put me in.  I live in the Bronx so most times It’s gonna take over 1.5 hours sometimes with the traffic going and coming back each way. 

2 hours ago, Elocin721 said:

I’m happy I have the opportunity, and am super humbled and grateful for it, my only concern is I scored high on the exam and got an excellent list number and I’m one of the first people to get called, you would think that it would be appropriate to place someone from the Bronx in LGA or College point at least. I can already see why people are so quick to transfer. 

13 hours ago, DEE123 said:

I see you were in bus company. How does it work transferring depots? I live far away from the JFK depot they put me in.  I live in the Bronx so most times It’s gonna take over 1.5 hours sometimes with the traffic going and coming back each way. 

Yes I was with MTA bus company. JFK Depot and Far Rockaway Depot are same ATU local 1179....you can work out of any two Depots without a transfer....the other bus company Depots you can transfer into but that can take years! I remember the union rep told me at least 5 people granted a transfer for the year.... However, I live in Westchester County and I drove 60 miles a day to Far Rockaway Depot plus tolls both ways...Far Rockaway Depot is 15 mins away from JFK Depot....you will have to learn all the lines of both Depot....JFK have 8 local routes and Far Rockaway have 5 local routes and 4 express routes!...to make your life more easier, take the BO exam for MaBSTOA where you can work out of the Bronx and Manhattan Division....TA exam is also open on MTA website....I'm currently working out of a a Bronx Depot right now as one of the choices I picked out of Zerega....I think later on this month they'll have the Depots general pick...I hope I don't get bumped out the Bronx!