B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

8 hours ago, jpsi94 said:

I got my list number for exam #2614 has anyone who took #2614 received an email to go to Livingston? And for previous tests how long did it take to get an email to start your process? 

Depends on your list number and how many candidates that already got called from previous exams, but didn’t process immediately because they didn’t have their CDL yet, medical hold, military, etc. from what I see in the history it’s taking like 3 months from getting list numbers to getting called to classes assuming you’re healthy and have a clean driving, overall history. 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Daren646 said:

WHERE CAN I GET THE AUTHORIZED FOOT WEAR FOR SUNDAYS CLASS? WORK SHOES WITH LACES

Although I am going to let someone else answer the question, as per the guidelines of the Forums, if you can please refrain from posting in CAPITAL letters, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, DEE123 said:

Depends on your list number and how many candidates that already got called from previous exams, but didn’t process immediately because they didn’t have their CDL yet, medical hold, military, etc. from what I see in the history it’s taking like 3 months from getting list numbers to getting called to classes assuming you’re healthy and have a clean driving, overall history. 

I did exam 2613, list number is 12#....I 1st received my letter in May, and I was called in July to start my day 1 pre employment processing on July 13 which consist of application verification and drug test...I received another email today to go back to Livingston St for another updated drug test on Aug 3....I will also have to wait to be called again for day 2, so I can be in a class later on in August....I'm currently with MTA Bus Company now...just finished my 5 weeks of line training...going on my own tomorrow...wish me luck!!!!

On 7/22/2023 at 10:11 AM, DEE123 said:

Idk what to do guys. 
I just got my list number from sanitation exam last year list number 1,0xx and now idk what job to take if I’m called, so confused and don’t want to regret either decision. 

Sanitation may pay a lil more but it's more work...plus you gotta be working in different types of weather, outside! Lifting, pulling, pushing, etc! If you have the strength and energy for this job, do it! 

You'll have to drive the buses in different types of weather too...push and pull the steering wheel though....lol...you just gotta do this job safely,use your mirrors, don't get into accidents, no speeding, control your emotions and don't argue with the customers! You'll be fine. Do what's best for you and your family.

1 hour ago, Elocin721 said:

I did exam 2613, list number is 12#....I 1st received my letter in May, and I was called in July to start my day 1 pre employment processing on July 13 which consist of application verification and drug test...I received another email today to go back to Livingston St for another updated drug test on Aug 3....I will also have to wait to be called again for day 2, so I can be in a class later on in August....I'm currently with MTA Bus Company now...just finished my 5 weeks of line training...going on my own tomorrow...wish me luck!!!!

Which exam did you take for bus company? 

Starting to really think maybe this job is not meant for me. Every step of the way since February has been nothing but problems. From going for sleep study for sleep apnea, getting taken off the list. Clearing medical hold, back on the list. 2 drug tests, 2 medicals. Passed medical last week only to be told by the jackass doctor that i was short 1 day on my cpap machine and should use it a few more days and go in for yesterday only to have the company that does the report for the cpap machine service has been down since last wednesday (same day as medical) and i couldn't get the report to take to 180 yesterday and no one knows when the service will be back up. Starting to feel like the juice ain't worth the squeeze no more.

8 hours ago, chrisarmand69 said:

Starting to really think maybe this job is not meant for me. Every step of the way since February has been nothing but problems. From going for sleep study for sleep apnea, getting taken off the list. Clearing medical hold, back on the list. 2 drug tests, 2 medicals. Passed medical last week only to be told by the jackass doctor that i was short 1 day on my cpap machine and should use it a few more days and go in for yesterday only to have the company that does the report for the cpap machine service has been down since last wednesday (same day as medical) and i couldn't get the report to take to 180 yesterday and no one knows when the service will be back up. Starting to feel like the juice ain't worth the squeeze no more.

Don’t give up you’re so close to having the job. You are dealing with a government agency of course it’s gonna be a pain to have anything done but dude you’re like a hair away from having a solid 6 figure job with a retirement package. Rescheduling doesn’t 

Just now, DEE123 said:

Don’t give up you’re so close to having the job. You are dealing with a government agency of course it’s gonna be a pain to have anything done but dude you’re like a hair away from having a solid 6 figure job with a retirement package. Rescheduling doesn’t 

Rescheduling doesn’t change anything isn’t there already a class this month? 

16 hours ago, chrisarmand69 said:

Have you considered complaining about this? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we will take it from there...

On 8/1/2023 at 10:19 AM, lornaevo said:

The crowd seems to be thinning out at Livingston. It’s usually crowded. 

Interesting...

Hey guys. I have my CDL A PERMIT only. I have air brakes, tank, double triple, and passenger. I didn’t have the job at in mind first when I went to the DMV to take these endorsement exams as I just simply wanted to do regional or an OTR job but I changed my mind as it looks like I’m not gonna make more than 75k with how the way things have been in the trucking industry coupled with not having a pension or adequate enough benefits. If I don’t get my CDL license before I get called by transit do I have to do something special like go to the DMV and downgrade to CDL B? Do I have to re take any DMV tests? My permit expires in April next year anyway so that’s not an issue at the moment I’m just trying to figure out what my next course of action would be if I get an email to appear for employment process and I don’t have my license by then because I don’t want an unnecessary delay. 

8 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Hey guys. I have my CDL A PERMIT only. I have air brakes, tank, double triple, and passenger. I didn’t have the job at in mind first when I went to the DMV to take these endorsement exams as I just simply wanted to do regional or an OTR job but I changed my mind as it looks like I’m not gonna make more than 75k with how the way things have been in the trucking industry coupled with not having a pension or adequate enough benefits. If I don’t get my CDL license before I get called by transit do I have to do something special like go to the DMV and downgrade to CDL B? Do I have to re take any DMV tests? My permit expires in April next year anyway so that’s not an issue at the moment I’m just trying to figure out what my next course of action would be if I get an email to appear for employment process and I don’t have my license by then because I don’t want an unnecessary delay. 

You should not have downgrade to a Class B CLP (Commercial Learner Permit). Your Class A CLP should suffice. Just note that, if you make through the hiring process, which includes the 10-Day Training Session and the road test, you will then be downgraded to a Class B CDL (Commercial Drivers License). You will loose the double-triple endorsement since those that hold the Class A CDL are eligible to hold that particular endorsement.

As far as retaking any tests, depending on how fast they call you and how successful you are at 180 Livingston Street, if you don't have your CDL by next April, then you will have to retake the multiple-choice exams at the DMV, which at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Passenger Endorsement. Otherwise, you should be good to go.

Good luck!!

On 8/3/2023 at 9:43 AM, +Young+ said:

Have you considered complaining about this? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we will take it from there...

Interesting...

It's ok. I moved on with my life. These people at Livingston literally turned this process into a nightmare for me. From what i heard it's way easier to get a gun and badge than it is to become a bus driver in new york which is actually laughable. People down there absolutely do not care what they put people through with their process. Aint gon let them make me jump off a bridge.

14 minutes ago, chrisarmand69 said:

From what i heard it's way easier to get a gun and badge than it is to become a bus driver in new york which is actually laughable. 

If I remember correctly while doing the process for Corrections, during the medical I filled a questionnaire, and one of the questions  asked was if I was ever placed on medical hold, or medically disqualified from any other state city or Fed agency. I’m sure NYPD and all law enforcement agencies have the same criteria and will investigate what happened with the process. 
I recommend finishing the medical process so you don’t have any issues in the future. Plus you’re so close to getting the job it looks like you’re like 97% done. just turning around and undoing all the hard work and potentially causing trouble in the future it’s not worth it in my opinion, but what do I know. 

23 hours ago, DEE123 said:

If I remember correctly while doing the process for Corrections, during the medical I filled a questionnaire, and one of the questions  asked was if I was ever placed on medical hold, or medically disqualified from any other state city or Fed agency. I’m sure NYPD and all law enforcement agencies have the same criteria and will investigate what happened with the process. 
I recommend finishing the medical process so you don’t have any issues in the future. Plus you’re so close to getting the job it looks like you’re like 97% done. just turning around and undoing all the hard work and potentially causing trouble in the future it’s not worth it in my opinion, but what do I know. 

With all due respect i've been hearing that nonsense for the past 3 months. I cleared my medical hold back in June, name restored to list. Since then did 2 medicals and 2 drug tests. I've been to this place 9 times since starting this process back in February, 9 times. Each time i go is about $20 or more in parking. So far i had to call out from work 3 of those 9 times. I'm in the hole $1500 dollars from paying for my own sleep study and sleep apnea machine. Every time you go to this damn place it's something else, it's always something.

On 8/9/2023 at 2:43 PM, chrisarmand69 said:

With all due respect i've been hearing that nonsense for the past 3 months. I cleared my medical hold back in June, name restored to list. Since then did 2 medicals and 2 drug tests. I've been to this place 9 times since starting this process back in February, 9 times. Each time i go is about $20 or more in parking. So far i had to call out from work 3 of those 9 times. I'm in the hole $1500 dollars from paying for my own sleep study and sleep apnea machine. Every time you go to this damn place it's something else, it's always something.

Cool man, I wish you the best of luck. 

I’m 6’3 299 pounds. I might have a medical in less than 2 weeks, and I’m really not sure if I’ll be able to hit the BMI requirements on time does anybody recommend a good sleep study place? I don’t have a primary care physician or health insurance. Also is it possible to do it now? Or do I have to wait to be put on hold first?

Latest update. I was emailed on 08/15 to come in for 2nd lab. So, first drug test 7/18 and 2nd on 08/17. I asked the window clerk " how many drug test before the next step" was told they wanna put you in a class but until there's space you may have to do another dt. More waiting guys.

3 hours ago, Basemac7 said:

Latest update. I was emailed on 08/15 to come in for 2nd lab. So, first drug test 7/18 and 2nd on 08/17. I asked the window clerk " how many drug test before the next step" was told they wanna put you in a class but until there's space you may have to do another dt. More waiting guys.

Next class is on the 27.