B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2023 at 10:35 PM, jpsi94 said:

Has anyone been called for #2614 I’m just getting impatient I’m trying to transfer over to Staten Island from Brooklyn. Currently an OA operator.

TA hasn’t been hiring for these last two classes they’re trying to fill OA and Bus Company right now. However I would go to 180 Livingston on your RDO because If you go back on the thread, you will see people from 2612 get skipped and 2613’s got their medicals and stuff. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:35 PM, jpsi94 said:

Has anyone been called for #2614 I’m just getting impatient I’m trying to transfer over to Staten Island from Brooklyn. Currently an OA operator.

I’m 3601 list number 3x i haven’t received an email yet so you obviously haven’t been skipped yet, but please give me an update so I’m ready

17 hours ago, Trackguy718 said:

Good evening I’m curious if you have a suspension but it was cleared and show cleared on your driver abstract will it disqualify you from being a bus operator?

It depends on why it happened. Just don’t withhold information from them on your application when you submit it and you should be ok assuming it didn’t get suspended for something really bad. 
Read the instructions on the application very carefully. The only thing I know for sure you’ll get disqualified for is having way too many accidents or points. You would have to take another exam and come back when the time of your points and accident clears. I think like 3 years from the time the violation happened. 
You also cannot have any tickets or court cases pending. 

Wanted to give an update. I received my email to report to 180 Livingston on Dec 1st. I took exam #2614 and my list number was in the first 10. I also know someone else who received their date and they were in the 300s. Can anyone just me give me some insight on the process? I’m an OA trying to switch over to TA in order to go to Staten Island.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:57 AM, jpsi94 said:

Wanted to give an update. I received my email to report to 180 Livingston on Dec 1st. I took exam #2614 and my list number was in the first 10. I also know someone else who received their date and they were in the 300s. Can anyone just me give me some insight on the process? I’m an OA trying to switch over to TA in order to go to Staten Island.

The same exact thing you did to get into mabstoa you have to do with TA, except there’s more paperwork that has to be filled out and you have to give them the 87 dollar money order again for the fingerprints.
On graduation day I asked a superintendent what happens when you cross over to TA she stated that After you clear medical, they will give you a start date to go to Zerega and you have to do orientation day over again, you’ll probably be in a classroom with brand new bus operators that have to do day 1-7. 

once you get assigned your depot, idk how they do it in Staten Island, but I have spoken to operators that crossed over from TA to bus Company, and others that transferred from another depot to my depot to be closer to home, all of them state that the depot gave them only 3 days to memorize the lines by riding the lines as a passenger, and then they went out on their own by the end of the week. I hope that doesn’t happen to me.

As for why they transferred from TA to bus company, they were laid off by TA and sent to my depot or it was back in the day, and they were on a TA list and Bus company called them provisionally, and then TA finally called them, they didn’t like the depot they were in and went back to bus company. 

1 hour ago, DEE123 said:

The same exact thing you did to get into mabstoa you have to do with TA, except there’s more paperwork that has to be filled out and you have to give them the 87 dollar money order again for the fingerprints.
On graduation day I asked a superintendent what happens when you cross over to TA she stated that After you clear medical, they will give you a start date to go to Zerega and you have to do orientation day over again, you’ll probably be in a classroom with brand new bus operators that have to do day 1-7. 

once you get assigned your depot, idk how they do it in Staten Island, but I have spoken to operators that crossed over from TA to bus Company, and others that transferred from another depot to my depot to be closer to home, all of them state that the depot gave them only 3 days to memorize the lines by riding the lines as a passenger, and then they went out on their own by the end of the week. I hope that doesn’t happen to me.

As for why they transferred from TA to bus company, they were laid off by TA and sent to my depot or it was back in the day, and they were on a TA list and Bus company called them provisionally, and then TA finally called them, they didn’t like the depot they were in and went back to bus company. 

You do get only 3 days to learn the lines, unless you go to Staten Island. You will be doing line training all over again. I believe 17 days with a mentor. 

33 minutes ago, DEE123 said:

How did you learn the routes in 2 days

You ride them and take notes on the turns. The route intructions are also available online https://myaccessns.nymta.info/ or you can just ask your union at the depot they'll usually have printouts of turn by turn instructions however it's recommended to ride the lines and see the turns in person. 

Operators who change depots during the general pick are responsible for learning the lines on their own, no line training once you're on the job 

On 11/26/2023 at 10:51 PM, KDGallagher said:

You ride them and take notes on the turns. The route intructions are also available online https://myaccessns.nymta.info/ or you can just ask your union at the depot they'll usually have printouts of turn by turn instructions however it's recommended to ride the lines and see the turns in person. 

Operators who change depots during the general pick are responsible for learning the lines on their own, no line training once you're on the job 

Where exactly do I go online for the route instructions? I’m looking everywhere can’t find it

On 11/20/2023 at 11:54 AM, DEE123 said:

I’m 3601 list number 3x i haven’t received an email yet so you obviously haven’t been skipped yet, but please give me an update so I’m ready

I’m 3601 also but I’ve yet to receive a list number. 

Does anyone know what list # there up to on exam 2612 for bus operator? I was told months ago they were up to # 42 and haven't heard anything since. No one ever picks up the line when u call employment section or exam section. 

6 hours ago, Avi said:

Does anyone know what list # there up to on exam 2612 for bus operator? I was told months ago they were up to # 42 and haven't heard anything since. No one ever picks up the line when u call employment section or exam section. 

You most likely got skipped because I’m 3601 and I go in on Monday for pre employment