“NewBus” Hudson County

dkm07302

Did anyone see this. https://www.nj.com/news/2022/06/federal-grant-will-bankroll-nj-transits-next-big-bus-route-makeover.html

My opinion, a lot of routes do need change but how? For years since it ended, I thought the #231 was great. Even if it was limited, not having a route to liberty state park seems ridiculous. Also, not having a bus route on Garfield Avenue seems odd. 

Edited by dkm07302

On 6/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, dkm07302 said:

Did anyone see this. https://www.nj.com/news/2022/06/federal-grant-will-bankroll-nj-transits-next-big-bus-route-makeover.html

My opinion, a lot of routes do need change but how? For years since it ended, I thought the #231 was great. Even if it was limited, not having a route to liberty state park seems ridiculous. Also, not having a bus route on Garfield Avenue seems odd. 

oh boy lol

1 hour ago, nightmare402 said:

they need to get rid of this tight ass turn on the busses to hoboken from Jersey City282338058_1099511077268259_3323779990617

I agree on that. Traffic gets so backed up in the morning at that turn. What I don't get is the idiot who would park their car close to the curb. 

On 6/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, dkm07302 said:

Thats cause of the light rail...But the light rail only has 2 stations along Garfield...I agree it was stupid to just end service like that

On 6/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, biGC323232 said:

Thats cause of the light rail...But the light rail only has 2 stations along Garfield...I agree it was stupid to just end service like that

I always thought that excise was dumb. Bus service a lot of times brings people to the light rail. Plus not having something for liberty state park just seems like a missed opportunity. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2022 at 8:18 AM, dkm07302 said:

I always thought that excise was dumb. Bus service a lot of times brings people to the light rail. Plus not having something for liberty state park just seems like a missed opportunity. 

I think part of it is also the bus service on Ocean Avenue a block away. It would be like running a route down Avenue E in Bayonne. 

On a side note, is the Broadway Bus in Bayonne still running? 

On 8/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

I think part of it is also the bus service on Ocean Avenue a block away. It would be like running a route down Avenue E in Bayonne. 

On a side note, is the Broadway Bus in Bayonne still running? 

Yeah but bus service on ocean sucks...Yeah whenever it wants....lol

• 1 month later...

I think the Boulevard East buses need to be reconfigured. I don’t live there but those buses get so packed and cruiser buses are not the right choice for that environment.

What if Boulevard East got a dedicated line using transit style buses and all the Bergen County buses got routed via Turnpike. Maybe some people use the buses to get between Hudson and Bergen, but you could put a transfer point at the end of the line near Ridgefield, plus if they ever build the HBLR extension it will become moot.

On 10/12/2022 at 9:08 AM, MNR Beacon Line said:

I think the Boulevard East buses need to be reconfigured. I don’t live there but those buses get so packed and cruiser buses are not the right choice for that environment.

What if Boulevard East got a dedicated line using transit style buses and all the Bergen County buses got routed via Turnpike. Maybe some people use the buses to get between Hudson and Bergen, but you could put a transfer point at the end of the line near Ridgefield, plus if they ever build the HBLR extension it will become moot.

NJT did this in the 1980s with the 167, which used to run local via Tonnelle Ave non-rush hour.  It made all the 167's turnpike expresses full time (and later added the 177 Armory Express) while making the 127 full time up Tonnelle Ave to Ridgefield.

On 10/12/2022 at 10:08 AM, MNR Beacon Line said:

This is already the case during the weekday rush hour... The #165,166, and 168 bypass Blvd East operating via the turnpike so that the #128 singularly/primarily operates along Blvd East....